Deleted

New monitor for WoW/WoD

With WoD coming up, I figured it's time to get myself a brand new monitor. I don't even have Full HD on my current screen

My pc specs:

GTX 770
    i5 4670K
    8GB RAM 1333mhz
    250GB SSD
    Asus motherboard

I have around 180$ for a screen, I just want really good performance for the price. My current screen is ghosting very badly so I want something better than that. I'm somewhat sensitive to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    What monitor do you have now? Ghosting on that kind of hardware is like non-existent for the past.. like.. decade >.>
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    What monitor do you have now? Ghosting on that kind of hardware is like non-existent for the past.. like.. decade >.>
    Maybe I'm using the wrong term? Anyway it's some kind of 1680x1050 samsung screen, bought it cheap from the supermarket while ago. The thing I'm talking about: when I move my mouse cursor around the screen, some kind of ghost cursor is following it, it's very noticeable.

I also saw this on a mate's computer, he owns a dell u2312hm. Instead of the ghost cursor, it looked like the cursor was blurrring into two cursors the faster he moved it around.

Is this normal to notice or might I have an eye problem?

Asus VH238H Black 23" [2ms] - $160

I personally use myself:

ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz [1ms] - $280

Generally, to cut out ghosting you'll want a monitor with 2ms. You're probably using a monitor at 6ms.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2014-02-10 at 03:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Generally, to cut out ghosting you'll want a monitor with 2ms. You're probably using a monitor at 6ms.
    Possible to explain why I see it on friends Dell as well? He told me it wa s agreat gaming monitor but I still saw it

Quote Originally Posted by GuerrillaDawg View Post
    Possible to explain why I see it on friends Dell as well? He told me it wa s agreat gaming monitor but I still saw it
    It's not a gaming monitor if it's got ghosting... gaming monitor's are ALWAYS 1-2ms.

Deleted
    i feel dumb having to say this, but have you checked this setting? (first arrow) xD

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a gaming monitor if it's got ghosting... gaming monitor's are ALWAYS 1-2ms.
    Technically if you want the best gaming screen it'd be a CRT monitor, it'd have the worse color quality but it is the standard at which all of these are measured against.
    1-2 ms response with a high signal process latency doesn't really help you even compared to another at 5-8ms pixel response with a low signal processing totalling a lesser display lag.
    Higher resolution tends to have more lag.
    Note I am not talking about refresh rate.
    Maybe I'm using the wrong term? Anyway it's some kind of 1680x1050 samsung screen, bought it cheap from the supermarket while ago. The thing I'm talking about: when I move my mouse cursor around the screen, some kind of ghost cursor is following it, it's very noticeable.

I also saw this on a mate's computer, he owns a dell u2312hm. Instead of the ghost cursor, it looked like the cursor was blurrring into two cursors the faster he moved it around.

Is this normal to notice or might I have an eye problem?
    You're talking about lower pixel response time or stupid Window's settings.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2014-02-10 at 04:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxo View Post
    i feel dumb having to say this, but have you checked this setting? (first arrow) xD
    Lol no, it's obviously not that :P Those are actual cursors moving behind the main cursor. What I'm talking about is a faint ghost-like cursor image that follows the main cursor very closely. You should be able to see it if you move the cursor and focus your eyes real hard on the cursor when it moves.

If you move the cursor to the left, the ghost/blur should appear on the right side of the cursor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol no, it's obviously not that :P Those are actual cursors moving behind the main cursor. What I'm talking about is a faint ghost-like cursor image that follows the main cursor very closely. You should be able to see it if you move the cursor and focus your eyes real hard on the cursor when it moves.

If you move the cursor to the left, the ghost/blur should appear on the right side of the cursor.
    Yeah, that's a higher pixel response time, aka how fast can a pixel change from one color to another. Only way to avoid it is generally lower pixel response time screens and higher refresh rates should help with it also.

It generally doesn't matter too much. If it's very noticeable, like you don't need to pay attention to it at all, something is probably faulty with the screen or it's a professional use screen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Yeah, that's a higher pixel response time, aka how fast can a pixel change from one color to another. Only way to avoid it is generally lower pixel response time screens and higher refresh rates should help with it also.

It generally doesn't matter too much. If it's very noticeable, like you don't need to pay attention to it at all, something is probably faulty with the screen or it's a professional use screen.
    Well, I still noticed it on my friends Dell U2312HM, isn't that a regular monitor without any real problems? Come to think about it, our laptop downstairs has it too.

Could it be my eyes are just sensitive to this?

I think all mine have been 2ms (or at least the boxes claim they're 2ms) but what I've read on the subject suggests that you can't really tell the difference between the "5ms" and "2ms" models on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by xerxo View Post
    Ahahahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I still noticed it on my friends Dell U2312HM, isn't that a regular monitor without any real problems? Come to think about it, our laptop downstairs has it too.

Could it be my eyes are just sensitive to this?
    U2312HM doesn't have too bad of a motion blur (as far as reviews I've seen). I don't mean perceived ones either, I mean the actual tests.

Your eyes sensitive, no idea. Remember you yourself as a human being actually will produce an amount of perceived motion blur cause brain.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2014-02-10 at 05:28 AM.

get an IPS monitor, it'll be the best quality for your price range. I find that "gaming monitors" that advertise 1-2ms are often really crappy screens unless you go Korean.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...24236288-L011B is a 5 ms ips screen that'll be crystal clear and will blow anything else out of the water for 160 dollars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    U2312HM doesn't have too bad of a motion blur (as far as reviews I've seen). I don't mean perceived ones either, I mean the actual tests.

Your eyes sensitive, no idea. Remember you yourself as a human being actually will produce an amount of perceived motion blur cause brain.
    Yes I think you're thinking of Chronostasis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronostasis
    Last edited by Revolutions; 2014-02-10 at 04:03 PM.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Deleted
    I should probably add I'm from Europe, can't find that specific Asus IPS over here

10+ Year Old Account
    What's your fund and what do you have around you to buy from?

Deleted
    If you need some sites:

azerty (dot nl)
    monitorstore (dot be)
    tweakers (dot net)

I can't post links yet so that's why I have to do the (dot part)

These are in Dutch, but you can search for screens in the search bar

Any of these monitors I can recommend.

http://www.monitorstore.be/category/...dir=a&items=10

Right now I'm using the 23" LG and enjoy it.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you need some sites:

azerty (dot nl)
    monitorstore (dot be)
    tweakers (dot net)

I can't post links yet so that's why I have to do the (dot part)

These are in Dutch, but you can search for screens in the search bar
    http://www.monitorstore.be/product/1...p-u2312hm.html
    http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/34765...wmi-zwart.html

Some sites have stuff that others don't, why I kinda asked.