I had a couple horror comic books I remember from decades ago. Possibly written in the 60s or 70s.

Story 1:

A man is in a plane and it goes into a death spiral. He falls out the plane and plummets towards the Earth. However, at the last moment, a gigantic skeletal figure (possibly the angel of death?) catches him and safely deposits him on some haystack. The skeletal figure then tells the confused man that he was something like the 10,000th human he had saved from death and that because of this, he would grant him one wish.

The man thinks for a moment and asks for immortality. The skeletal figure then says "very well. You will never feel death." and with that, the figure walks away.

The man isn't sure he really has been granted his wish, but then he is involved in a fatal accident or something and does not die. This emboldens him. He decides to take on a life of crime robbing banks. He knows he can just walk in, rob the bank, and can't be killed. So this one time he robs a bank and has this encounter with a guard. The guard shoots but can't kill him. The man laughs and returns fire and kills the guard.

The man is caught and put on trial. The verdict is life in prison. He is upset with the ruling because he knows he cannot die.

The final pages show him in prison. 20 years later, he is middle aged and examining his hair loss. 40 years later, he is an elderly man sitting in a corner. 200 years later, he is SO brittle and almost skeletal himself, reaching a scrawny arm out of his jail cell window begging "please....someone let me die..."

Story 2:

A deep sea diver has a tragic accident while at the bottom of the sea. He is drowning but then rescued by these skeletal (yah, these stories used skeletal figures a lot) sea peoples. He takes him to an undersea cavern where he recovers. A whole race of these creatures reside in this place. He is told that, while they have saved his life, he can never leave and return to land. He is very upset about this and plots his escape. He convinces one of the sea peoples to help him escape. They make a break for it together. He offers to bring his accomplice with him, but as he reaches land, his accomplice becomes very weak and sinks back into the water.

The diver makes it back home but he is having difficulty himself. He falls very ill and is bedridden. His family is in another room and hears him scream. They run back into his room only to find an empty bed that is soaking wet and a window thrown open into the night.

I was never sure if this meant he turned into one of the skeletal sea peoples, or they came and got him and dragged him back to the cavern.

Does anyone find these stories familiar and what comics they are from?