What changes would you make at CTU on the show 24 to prevent issues/leaks/etc

It seems like CTU has had a lot of issues.

1) CTU needed to be defended a lot better. Nerve gas released. A EMP was exploded. CTU was bombed. CTU was invaded. Jack's wife was killed at CTU. It's like common man. They've gotta do a lot better than that to defend CTU.

2) No personal calls at all allowed in CTU. All stations monitored at all times.

3) All family and friends threats must be reported immediately. Far better to report and come up with a plan rather than screw everything up.

4) Better background checks of employees. Common man. Too many moles in CTU is just outrageous.

5) Better trained security guards. This is kinda the same thing as no. 1. But, those security guards are like rent a cop guys. They are always dying. Seriously?

6) I would hate to be a doctor at CTU. They are always dying or being threatened. Common man. Don't let a known criminal get operated on without constraints and so close to the shiny knives. And, at least have someone nearby just in case.

7) A counselor to resolve employee problems and fights.

Those are a few initial thoughts.

Those are some initial thoughts.

I'll I've got to say is that was a really annoying part of the show, you *knew* something was going to happen there every year, it just wasn't a 24 season without a mole and/or a direct and succesful attack on the headquarters. Throwing all realism aside, it was just really, really bad writing when they couldn't come up with anything else. Hopefully the reboot this May will be a much better show than the last few seasons.

Deleted
    how would i do it ? id not even show CTU and have the MI6 building get raped instead.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Better background checks is best. But it's the CTU-there must always be a mole.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Fire the hiring agency pronto. Then hire whoever hires people for the secret service or the CIA. Nobody ever goes bad in those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Fire the hiring agency pronto. Then hire whoever hires people for the secret service or the CIA. Nobody ever goes bad in those two.
    I dunno, I've seen plenty of things where CIA agents go bad, and there's at least a couple I can recall with bad Secret Service guys too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Hopefully the reboot this May will be a much better show than the last few seasons.
    I'm undoubtedly going to enjoy the new season/reboot/miniseries, but yeah the last few seasons of 24 did get kind of ridiculous. Me and a few of my friends always got together to watch it on Tuesday nights, and we would laugh our asses off whenever they'd call for a perimeter to be set up, because perimeters had a 0% chance of containing the suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    I'm undoubtedly going to enjoy the new season/reboot/miniseries, but yeah the last few seasons of 24 did get kind of ridiculous. Me and a few of my friends always got together to watch it on Tuesday nights, and we would laugh our asses off whenever they'd call for a perimeter to be set up, because perimeters had a 0% chance of containing the suspect.
    I always feel that that's how the main characters let the rest of the organization feel useful while also shifting blame for the inevitable escape of the bad guy off of them.