Deleted

Random BG vs. IoC and AV honor farming.

Which one of these options would have the better honor outcome?

I play as the alliance and in my battlegroup i lose pretty much every BG except for IoC and AV.
    I am currently trying to get full tyrannical to start 2v2 arena with a friend, but i feel like giving up after losing between 10 and 15 bg's in a row.

I know i could be using oqueue to form premades, but i am pve geared with no pvp gear so no premades will have me ofc.

would it be worth it to just queue up for IoC and AV and then forget about the bonus honor from winning random bg's?

Thanks for reading.

Deleted
    Or get a dungeon farming group and buy honor points. I find this to be the fastes if you got a decent group. Each HC is 8mins max. which is like 250honor every 8 mins.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're going to farm honor in AV, force a turtle each time. They more often than not end with Alliance just grinding the horde down into dust; lots of honor to be had there.

It's pretty simple; just get a back cap group going and things usually spin into a turtle from there.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget to farm the rare mobs in the Horde Base in Krasarang; they give each 275 honor and respawn about every 30-40mins. This will get patched in 5.4.7

& Tol Barad which gives an additional 600 honor when no towers are destroyed.

When I gear out my Alliance character I always queue specifically for IoC & AV since they usually last around 15-20mins and are almost always wins.
    Last edited by Nivena; 2014-02-10 at 08:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Queue for AV or IoC
    While in queue, kill the Karasong Wild PvP rares, you can kill them as many times as you want for 275 honor a pop (in 5.4.7 you can only do this once perday)
    When the rares are dead and you're still in queue do the Isle of Thunder PvP dailies, when you hand in the quests make sure your guild banner is placed for bonus honor

You'll be full Tyrannical in just a few days.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    AV is faster as alliance even when not CTA

Dungeon grinding is by far the fastest way to farm honor. Especially if you are even relatively geared and have a tank or healer to que with.

IoT and Venture Bay PvP dailies are pretty fast. Do them all, with 20% lvl 25 guild bonus, gives 797 honor and 50 CP.

(What's the guild banner bonus?)
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    Don't forget to farm the rare mobs in the Horde Base in Krasarang; they give each 275 honor and respawn about every 30-40mins. This will get patched in 5.4.7

& Tol Barad which gives an additional 600 honor when no towers are destroyed.

When I gear out my Alliance character I always queue specifically for IoC & AV since they usually last around 15-20mins and are almost always wins.
    This. Although you are part right.

The fastest way to get honor is farming the rares in Krasarang. BUT you want to do this with an OQ group. well not really a group as you want the CRZ to allow you to farm on multiple servers but pretty much you have a group of people and when one of those people gets a rare on their server they invite one person (Leader) promotes him to leader. The leader can then spam his premade macro's to /invite the rest of the group. They can also have a real ID chat going so everyone can talk and such. Its a very clever use of CRZ and real ID friends.

THIS is why they are nerfing these rares. Getting about 14,000 honor an hour killing around 50 rares an hour across 20 different servers. I am horde though I don't know if alliance has enough people looking for this kind of thing on OQ.

All that being said honor gear is 496 and pve gear scales down to 512 and isnt as horrible as it used to be and soon be bumped up to 522 with the new season.

edit: I will add that this is the FASTEST way to get honor. I did not find it as fun as doing BG's for honor.
    Last edited by Reveries1; 2014-02-11 at 12:04 AM.