Deleted

Protection Warrior UI Concept using WeakAuras

This is just a little idea I've been playing around with using WeakAuras in order to keep my UI extremely minimal and clean.

The main idea is to track certain things using "Dots" (not damage over time!).

Left "dot" represents the availability of Shield Slam, replaced by cooldown text when used. The right "dot" does the same, but for revenge.

The central "dot" represents my Rage level. It changes colour dynamically; Red when capped or below 20, orange when at 20-59, green at 60+. Cooldown text for Shield Block appears inside this circle. The text below it represents the rage value.

The text beneath the Shield Slam "dot" shows my own HP, while the text below the Revenge "dot" shows my targets HP, changing colour to red when at 20% or lower.

I've also created slightly larger "dots" to the left and right of this group to represent tank raid debuffs for SoO bosses for myself and my focus target, displaying stacks and duration, seen here: http://i.imgur.com/LC9xnHi.jpg

Check it out in action:

http://youtu.be/yA-3PNCsXI4

I'm still tweaking and testing things, but what do you guys think?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    For lovers of the minimalistic certainly the holy grail.
    personally I prefer my rage and my healthbars to be a bit more dynamic. It matters to me how far I am from 60 rage, not only that I have more then 20 rage. Also I enjoy having a bar for my health, because you do not have to think about if the amount of hp is high or low, you simply see it. But I guess that´s a matter of getting used to something.
    have you keybound all those abilities, which are used not so frequently like disarm or spellreflect?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    have you keybound all those abilities, which are used not so frequently like disarm or spellreflect?
    Yeah, I have everything in my Spellbook keybound. Also have various other unseen WeakAura triggers with regards to health levels, such as popping up my Enraged Regen icon if I drop below 60%, HS icon if I drop below 80% etc (as long as they're not on CD). Will likely add some LUA to the Health text also, making it grow in size the lower I get, and possibly also change colour if dangerously low. I've not tested this in a raid yet, but we'll see how it goes. It will definitely take some getting used to, as my previous UI's have been a lot more chaotic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2lHhbNe_4I for example).

But for reasons similar to those you've mentioned, I've also left my regular unitframes up at the top left for quick reference if needed.

Not a fan of the way health is displayed as a tank.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it works for you then that is awesome but for myself not seeing HP and rage in a traditional way would drive me bat shit crazy! At the least Ice hud bars would be needed for myself to not rage :P

Anyway you could link the string for the weakaura in your other youtube video that has the ragebar with the health inside of it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Not a fan of the way health is displayed as a tank.
    Gliff, you fat cow! You just take your bovine shenanigans elsewhere!