Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    You only gotta wait until march

Feeling a little disappointed about it, but such is life. No hard feelings - no butthurtness.

Wish they would roll out more beta invites though, considering the drastic change of player population from when the game was new to now.

Really hope the beta testers are useful and won't bitch about the most subjective things they can find.

^ I mean, there's always hope... ha.

I don't care anymore because Beta's ruin the actual game for me when they release.

I would have really liked to gotten into the beta but oh well. Hopefully there wont be a special banner icon & feat of strength for beta participants again like in original D3.

Under objective circumstances, no, it is not. Beta testing phases are exactly that: testing phases. There is nothing for you to expect, unless you are an exceptionally good tester; which you don't appear to be. You don't even mention what part of testing you were looking forward to. You are just talking about the beta as if it is a preview. And using the term "butthurt" for something that doesn't involve your butt instead of "disappointed" doesn't help either. You can't write a proper post, how are you going to be thoroughly and clearly reporting your findings if you were to be specifically invited? Once your vocabulary grows away from terms such as "butthurt" and "rage," as if those are the only two states of disappointment in a person, you would have completed the first step towards being more eligible for a targeted invitation. So, objectively, you are not worthy of a specific invitation, you just don't have what it takes. So you should only hope you get lucky with one, nothing else.

However, prying on gullible fanboys and girls as the marketing departments of modern videogame companies are, they have managed to twist the meaning of a beta phase, from testing to preview/early access/bonus/whatever term they use to refer to the combination of hyping their game, while getting supplied with free testers. So, in this case you are right: you spend so much money, and time, you like the franchise, and are anxious for the expansion; you are worthy of an invitation, these hype gimmicks were created for these purposes. But then again, nobody guaranteed you that invitation. And perhaps you will get one a bit later on, on another wave. Don't lose hope so fast man.

I've come to the point where i stopped caring for beta. I have clocked in nearly 250 hours to the ptr now. Sent in numerous bug report. One took me over an hour to write and several hours to test out. Pictures and everything included.

one i know of got beta invite. He has never played ptr and he never finished diablo3. he didnt even play one playthrough. Where i have over 700 hours on the game now. So yeah. The system clearly doesnt work and the testers quality is lacking in all games. Thats why games in general just plain suck now days.

8 out of 10 beta testers see it as a game demo. A chance for them to test the game and see if they like it. Clicking away quest feedback and never reporting bugs. 8 out of 10 players doesnt know what a beta test is

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I've come to the point where i stopped caring for beta. I have clocked in nearly 250 hours to the ptr now. Sent in numerous bug report. One took me over an hour to write and several hours to test out. Pictures and everything included.

one i know of got beta invite. He has never played ptr and he never finished diablo3. he didnt even play one playthrough. Where i have over 700 hours on the game now. So yeah. The system clearly doesnt work and the testers quality is lacking in all games. Thats why games in general just plain suck now days.

8 out of 10 beta testers see it as a game demo. A chance for them to test the game and see if they like it. Clicking away quest feedback and never reporting bugs. 8 out of 10 players doesnt know what a beta test is
    I agree, Ive been in the closed beta since it started and I have yet to meet anyone other than a couple of people that do bug reports.

Quote Originally Posted by LummyBear View Post
    You only gotta wait until march
    More accurate to say April as it's March 25, almost the end.

PTR has most of the stuff I really care about at least (loot 2.0 and general system revamps). Anyone can hop on there and try out what patch 2.0 will be like. You just don't get the Crusader/Adventure Mode/Act 5 without the RoS beta. It may not be ideal for you but it's certainly an option if you just want to play some vastly improved D3 in general and try out what you can.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    You do know that when they select beta, it's based on your computer? If you have a pretty bad computer, then you don't really have a fair shot at getting in, but if you have a top 1% build, then yea you have a good shot. It's a mixture of that and how many hours you put into the game. Sure you might have been loyal, but your computer might not have been at the standards that they wanted. Not like it matters anyways, the game is going to come out soon.
    I call bs on that one.You just have to be lucky.I got i7 4.4 ghz,gtx titan and 16gb ram and still no inv.But the game is out next month so iam not butthurt at all.

Deleted
    if YOU think its worth getting butthurt over YOU go ahead, don't let anyone else stop YOU.

It's ok to be butthurt over w/e you want your butt hurting about. Some things upset you but not someone else. It's what makes us human.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    I take it as them knowing I love the game and not wanting to spoil it for me. I've played in a few betas and whilst it has been 'nice' to be in the exclusive club, it gets boring to test it properly and run round trying to find bugs and keeping written notes on what happened and trying to recreate the bugs.