Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    RoFing the small adds is a waste. They die in a one or two spell casts. Better to get a fireball or something off on them if they are so desperate for damage.

Deleted
    The only way to max your damage on them is to singletarget them. That being said I just ended up casting blizzard on them for the slow, you're not there to do high damage to them.

As for me, RoF is more a way to highlight that a mine may have passed through a window of CC/AoE and incomming. Plus the little stop to the progression towards its lethal purpose.
    Definetely not something to rely on in order optimize the mines chore. And yes, using a cast to RoF is <<<< compared to simply cast a FB on it, no debate. However usually when I RoF, people get their fingers out of their ass and apply more pressure on mines so after it's all right I don't have to bother

I agree more than 100% that a Fireball cast is more efficient to kill 1 mine and less of a loss DpS-speaking, but as an AoE chore, are well placed LB explosion so bad? I'm honesltry wondering. Anyway, if everyone does its job right, a Fire Mage shall, to my opinion, never leave Siegecrafter as a target and just spread DoTs wisely. However, for first kills, sometimes you have to do sub-optimal things.
    Nowadays (4th kill), I rarely leave SCBF and if I have to, it's synonym to the raid clearly not being ready/steady/focused.

Eventually, the DK's Gorefiend Grasp is amazing. The perfect strategy has been explained on the previous page. Unfortunately, depending on raid composition/choice in strategy, DK(s) may be occupied on the conveyor belt

The LB explosion hits for less than a single tick of LB. It is a complete waste IMO. I agree that fire mages shouldn't have to switch from the boss though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    RoFing the small adds is a waste. They die in a one or two spell casts. Better to get a fireball or something off on them if they are so desperate for damage.
    It's not a waste if it keeps me from getting gkicked when I use it :P

But seriously RoF is a damage increase on the mines, since a lot of your AoE on them is the actual living bomb explosion rather than the actual ticks, so having the explosion critting on all targets as the add with your bomb on it dies is huge. As furyspark points out though, the best damage to get on them is single target.

Edit: Here is a damage breakdown by spell on the mines for my siegecrafter kill last night, you can see that living bomb and living bomb (the explosion) are close in damage here and while your opinion is that it is a complete waste, the reality is that it does quite well.
    Last edited by voltaa; 2014-02-13 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    It's not a waste if it keeps me from getting gkicked when I use it :P

But seriously RoF is a damage increase on the mines, since a lot of your AoE on them is the actual living bomb explosion rather than the actual ticks, so having the explosion critting on all targets as the add with your bomb on it dies is huge. As furyspark points out though, the best damage to get on them is single target.

Edit: Here is a damage breakdown by spell on the mines for my siegecrafter kill last night, you can see that living bomb and living bomb (the explosion) are close in damage here and while your opinion is that it is a complete waste, the reality is that it does quite well.
    Maybe this is a difference between 10 and 25? How many empowered mines do you get at a time?

I tried to apply my 10man strat/logic in an attempt to help. I could be wrong. If so, refer to Volta's advice as he plays in a 25m guild.

I probably should have stated that I am in a 10man guild in my first post. I'm sorry for not doing so and any misunderstandings I caused as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Reforge View Post
    Hey guys, we are working on 25m heroic blackfuse and I am being told that my crawler mine damage is abysmal. What the hell can I do as fire to improve my aoe / general damage to these?

we usually run with 2 shadow priests 2 ele shamans a destro lock a boomkinand have a frost dk, we do stack the mines under the boss. but I just pale in damage vs the adds compared to them and am in hindsight catching flack for it.. [I am the only mage in the raid]

any advice is greatly appreciated
    use frost bomb. it will be ur top dmg ability

Quote Originally Posted by Kamswow View Post
    The two priests, shamans, and the lock should be more than enough to kill the mines.
    This pretty much. I have absolutely no idea how you would have problems with 2 ele shamans

That being said, I never detarget Blackfuse and still do a decent amount of crawler mine damage (like 9-10mil). Just try to chain a couple pyros to bump your ignite up and spread if you have 2-3 targets in range of the boss. Just keep in mind that your main focus should be boss damage, I only worry about spreading ignite if things line up and I wont drop my 2p stacks.

Also if you combustion with PBoI cooldown, your second AT combustion will come up with trinket just before the double wave of mines. Potion and pop AT combustion and laugh as you inferno blast spread it on CD. This is the only time in the fight I blizzard, and only if I see help is needed (depends on what dps comp we're using).

Imo you can play fire but you better make the boss damage worth the while

PS: Dont bother with putting LB on the adds. Its a waste of a GCD for an add that should be dying in ~5 seconds.
    Last edited by Pretzul; 2014-02-17 at 01:58 AM.