1,000 budget for new gaming PC.

While id like to spend less, is it possible to build a long lasting, good gaming PC off $1,000?

10+ Year Old Account
    umm essential information?

What are you using it for? (Which games are you playing, what quality do you expect to play them at?)
    What components / peripherals do you have that you could potentially re-use? (Keyboard, mouse, speakers, screen(s))
    Are you able to build it yourself?
    How frequently are you going to use it?

Mostly World of Warcraft.

But I mean if I could play GTA 5 on it when it comes out or other games id like to have something that can support other PC games.

Day Z would be another game.

I honestly have no idea how to build a PC, I have friends who do but I do not personally know what I need at all.

Very frequently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where are you based? (Which country?)
    Would these friends be willing/able to build it for you? (Would you trust them to?)

Theyd help me pick the parts online, but Id have to manually put it together i guess? Id much rather trust someones advice on here since I know so little about the subject

United states

10+ Year Old Account
    Fill out This Sticky info, please.

Also, moving this to the Build/Upgrade subforum.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab