Best race for each spec in WoD

[Horde]

Hey there,

I've checked quite a few threads out and looked around a bit, what I found out was that fire pretty much prefers blood elf because of the 1% crit and arcane may also really like blood elf because of crit + mana restore. Are there any results for that yet? I would imagine that the numbers of the specs by themselves are not yet final but I guess the racials won't change much anymore.

I actually like my undead but I feel like 1% crit or 2% crit dmg is very strong once fire gets going with gear/buffs.

http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...s-10-1-14.html *

*Take with a grain of salt. May be outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post

Thanks, I know the specs have been rebalanced but I think the races stay about the same dps-wise. Sad to see undead very low everywhere, I guess blood elf it is.

Deleted

Tauren Mage? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaharon View Post
    Thanks, I know the specs have been rebalanced but I think the races stay about the same dps-wise. Sad to see undead very low everywhere, I guess blood elf it is.
    Did you look at the numbers or just the order?
    Swapping from Forsaken to Blood Elf will grant you: 178 DPS as Frost (three fifths of a percent), 149 DPS as Arcane (half a percent), 201 DPS as Fire (70% of a percent).

That's so small as to make absolutely no difference whatsoever.
    This is literally as close as it is possible for the races to be while still having different bonuses.

What the chart shows is that you can play any race at all with no problems.
    It's topics like this show the futility of people arguing for more parity between talent choices, when differences that are so trivial as to be completely invisible are still seen to be important enough that people will spend real life money to fix them :P

Draenei looking pretty solid for all 3 specs there [yeah OP is horde, just for my own purposes]
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2014-10-11 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Tauren Mage? WTF?
    Was good for a laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    keep in Mind Orc Racial will diminish over time.
    It doesn't necessarily diminish in its effect, just the effective overall % of DPS it gives (though the flat DPS is still the same).

PS: Your sig. Love it, and that game
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Did you look at the numbers or just the order?
    Swapping from Forsaken to Blood Elf will grant you: 178 DPS as Frost (three fifths of a percent), 149 DPS as Arcane (half a percent), 201 DPS as Fire (70% of a percent).

That's so small as to make absolutely no difference whatsoever.
    This is literally as close as it is possible for the races to be while still having different bonuses.

What the chart shows is that you can play any race at all with no problems.
    It's topics like this show the futility of people arguing for more parity between talent choices, when differences that are so trivial as to be completely invisible are still seen to be important enough that people will spend real life money to fix them :P
    Although it seems like a little but if you combine all those things like "perfect" race, perfect talent choices and everything you get to about 2/3/4 % dps, and that's not a little. I want to compete at a very high level of play so every little bit counts. Especially when you consider that you also have a few other people in your guild with the same spec and you always compare yourself with them and if you are 2/3/4% below their dps (assuming equal skill) because you did choose as you want and not what gives you the best results in the given situation, you will get benched.
    Last edited by Kaharon; 2014-10-11 at 09:18 PM.

Deleted
    Although it seems like a little but if you combine all those things like "perfect" race, perfect talent choices and everything you get to about 2/3/4 % dps, and that's not a little. I want to compete at a very high level of play so every little bit counts. Especially when you consider that you also have a few other people in your guild with the same spec and you always compare yourself with them and if you are 2/3/4% below their dps (assuming equal skill) because you did choose as you want and not what gives you the best results in the given situation, you will get benched.
    Go Draenei or Troll then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Go Draenei or Troll then.
    I am horde and I think blood elf makes more sense than troll because I don't want to switch everytime I play another spec, I want to play the "best" at all those 3 in comparison and that is blood elf, because for frost and fire trolls actually fall behind quite a bit but blood elf is in the higher rankings every time, although it is not the best at anything. More of jack of all trades instead of best race for 1 spec.

You will never be 4% behind if you pick optimal talent choices. Your race alone will grant you 1% at ABSOLUTE BEST. If you throw talents into the mix, now you're just adding additional things in that shouldn't be there.

I personally will take up to a 5% hit to my theoretical DPS if it means I don't have to use Rune or shitty talents that I dislike because I will do more actual DPS using talents I enjoy. I did the same thing in Siege and did significantly less DPS as Arcane than Frost because of how much I dislike it, despite my theoretical DPS as Arcane being way higher (mostly because I was on mechanic-duty, despite being fucking Arcane, but you know people, they're fucking dumb).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    You will never be 4% behind if you pick optimal talent choices. Your race alone will grant you 1% at ABSOLUTE BEST. If you throw talents into the mix, now you're just adding additional things in that shouldn't be there.

I personally will take up to a 5% hit to my theoretical DPS if it means I don't have to use Rune or shitty talents that I dislike because I will do more actual DPS using talents I enjoy. I did the same thing in Siege and did significantly less DPS as Arcane than Frost because of how much I dislike it, despite my theoretical DPS as Arcane being way higher (mostly because I was on mechanic-duty, despite being fucking Arcane, but you know people, they're fucking dumb).
    I know I am adding talent choices into the mix although they should not be there because at a mythic progression level people should actually pick the best talent choices and that should not be a difference between you and the other mages. I also know that ~200 dps (1% max) should not really be anything to be too crazy about but I feel like just getting the best performing race is a nice bonus (even if only 0,5%) for progression raiding because if everyone in my raid does the same, we could get out 0,5 - 1% raid dps and I just know that my 200 dps will add up to 120k dmg at 10 minutes and sometimes that's the difference of a kill and a wipe. I really love trolls, but I see they are a little weaker overall and we all know there are ways to display another race from your PoV instead of the one you are actually playing.
    Last edited by Kaharon; 2014-10-12 at 10:23 AM.