Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well I main a mage now. I see no reason to quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkwin View Post
    I really want to play my mage but it just isn't as satisfying as our dps used to be, especially with warlock being so strong and IMO pretty simple to do good numbers with. Mage at heart for life .... But come on blizzard make us freaking OP again
    I hope you are talking about PVE, because pvp is a freaking playground for mages, 2icelance4you

Deleted
    My current main is a mage and I will probably switch to a tank class because I'm playing more and more solo.
    I still like the gameplay, but mage sucks for solo gaming.
    Last edited by mmocde4cab52d3; 2014-02-23 at 05:45 PM.

Always and forever. Love my mage more than anything.

Most definitely.

Absolutely.

I have mained a Mage since I started playing WoW and it's still my favorite toon. I enjoy the others and play lots of alts, but when it comes to raiding it's always been Mage. My professions are Engineering/Tailoring and I think it's a really nice combination. I don't want to drop either one but if I could have another profession it would definitely be enchanting. Being able to disenchant all the random stuff you come across throughout an expansion would be really nice. Jewelcrafting is also a nice profession but the amount of materials and bag space you need for it makes it kind of annoying. JC is a great profession for an alt, imo.

Gnome power!

Deleted
    I'm switching to elemental shammie, mage was fun but it's time to moveon to another class. Maining another class every xpack to keep things fresh. Last two xpacks were pure dps and I'm kinda done with that, having 3 specs of dps is meh.

To OP: the good old enchanting/tailoring combo is very Nice for casters, but you should pick what you like Same goes for race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Haven't played my mage since Cata never liked it so probably not

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I think this is more towards people who are actually playing Mages or have been of late.

Also what comes to me playing my Mage. It depends on many things.. But if am playing WoW at all, it depends how well they remedy the problems that made me not to want to continue raiding. And raiding was all I loved in MoP.. Everything else was really bland for me.

Also I like playing ESO and Wildstar a lot more. But these are WoW and Mage forums, so that will be it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends if the current level 100 talents will stay the same. They seem to be extremely boring and pretty much useless in PvP and more or less a nuisance for PvE. Would also love to see level 90 talents reworked, but I heard they were already doing that?

Idk yet it depends on what gets changed with the talents and stuff. If I like the changes then yeah; I will probably stay on my mage as my main. But I kind of want to try new things out for the new xpac aka my Druid, shamy or Lock

I'm trying to narrow it down for WOD... as it stands now, if I go back to ranged, it will be a Warlock, but I'm hoping the WOD "re-design" (so to speak) will change that.

My biggest issue with mages is that they haven't changed with the times. All 3 specs still feel very dated/bland, and the class is just to damn squishy in today's game where it's all about soloing/killing elites. Not just old content, even current content. Warbringers, Dino bones, Timeless Isle, Rares. Give a glyph to allow the Water Elemental to tank and I'll fall in love with the class again, but for now, I just can't get excited about having to "kite" anything I can't kill in 2-3 casts.

Deleted
    been a mage for atleast 8 years now and love playing mage but mages have been dropping down the dps ranks imo , i think many players will change from mage to whatever class is op in WoD as for me i tried raiding with a different main,but in the end i always return to my mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by classact View Post
    been a mage for atleast 8 years now and love playing mage but mages have been dropping down the dps ranks imo , i think many players will change from mage to whatever class is op in WoD as for me i tried raiding with a different main,but in the end i always return to my mage
    Been dropping down the ranks? The only weak point we had this expansion was the first couple weeks of ToT until they buffed our bomb damage by ~40%. Other than that I think we have had a Top 5 spec consistently for MoP, and in the Beta for WoD Frost is burying everybody right now.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Well I think it comes down to if I want to focus on Mythics, and by that I mean find a serious progression guild. Or just focus on PvP like I did the entirety of Mists besides 5.1. If I go the PvP route definitely mage even if we have some issues. PvE probably my druid, resto because DPS is boring as hell for me in raids it makes me feel like a meter monkey.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    lol wut? I'm going to go post on the hunter forums in a topic like this because I haven't played hunter at all since TBC. /sarcasm

I'll be on my windwalker <3
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine spending all this energy on everything mage-related and then not actually playing one...
    My magic will tear you apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Imagine spending all this energy on everything mage-related and then not actually playing one...
    Right? At this point, it would be like studying for that giant Calculus test, and then last second switching to Statistics and trying to relearn that for its big test next week! No thank you!

What is with me and analogies today....
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

It's amusing to see some of the rationale for wanting to swap and then looking at the classes they plan on switching to.

The even funnier part is watching them come back after a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Dunno if it's aimed at me or not but i'll still be playing, and will more than likely end up playing mage for a couple of progress fights. I just want to do something different next tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.