Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Depends if Fire, (My favourite Mage spec) feels similar to the WOTLK days. Seems to have lost that 'Feeling' ever since Cata hit for me. But, seems to be heading back into that direction, with the built-in critical passives we have now. Things are looking up for my 'retired' female Orc Mage.

The only main concern i have with the class atm is the loss of the evocation glyph, since we're now the only class without a way to heal in combat (Unless you take RoP and stand still or take the major glyph regenerative ice, which as fire, you'll lose 1 of the 3 spec glyphs). Could maybe re-work mana gem into a glyph or just a quality of life change to provide a small amount of mana and a health buff like recuperate for 20-30 secs. Nothing too major, but enough to get by.
    Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2014-10-02 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    Mage forever!
    Amen!

Ive grown really fond of my mage this expansion. After years of being an altaholic i really think mage is my main class now =)

Quote Originally Posted by Beats Per Minute View Post
    Depends if Fire, (My favourite Mage spec) feels similar to the WOTLK days. Seems to have lost that 'Feeling' ever since Cata hit for me. But, seems to be heading back into that direction, with the built-in critical passives we have now. Things are looking up for my 'retired' female Orc Mage.

The only main concern i have with the class atm is the loss of the evocation glyph, since we're now the only class without a way to heal in combat (Unless you take RoP and stand still or take the major glyph regenerative ice, which as fire, you'll lose 1 of the 3 spec glyphs). Could maybe re-work mana gem into a glyph or just a quality of life change to provide a small amount of mana and a health buff like recuperate for 20-30 secs. Nothing too major, but enough to get by.
    ROP does not heal anymore. Literally the only way to self-heal is to be a dranaei.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway yes. I have been a warlock for 9 years or and looking for a change.

Deleted
    After testing Fire with the most recent buffs and the T17 bonuses I'm going to be sticking it through as Fire.

It's been a long time since I've done mage, so I'm going back to it for WoD. If it's even remotely competitive, I intend to go frost, but I expect at least frost or arcane will be competitive.

(I hate crit-dependent specs, which rules Fire out).

Deleted
    YEs most likely. Played Mage in Vanilla/TBC, then switched to Paladin and Shaman, but Ive always had a soft spot for my mage, my first lvl 60 and all. So for this expansion I have the intention of going back. All three specs seem viable and fun so that adds too it aswell, and I love playing PvP as a mage so Im pretty much set =).

Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    Mage forever!
    Hear, hear! My guild mates are waffling about what class they want to play in WoD. When the question gets put to me, I type: "THERE IS ONLY MAGE!" It's the only class for me.

The struggle is which spec I'll play at max. I'll end up trying them all at 100 (I didn't get into the beta so I'm going in blind) to see which one I am the most comfortable with and which one I can produce the most with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    Hear, hear! My guild mates are waffling about what class they want to play in WoD. When the question gets put to me, I type: "THERE IS ONLY MAGE!" It's the only class for me.

The struggle is which spec I'll play at max.
    Any good Mage is an Arcane Mage, the other Mages are scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Any good Mage is an Arcane Mage, the other Mages are scrubs.
    Ah okay mate good to know
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Picking a class based on 1 spell alone? Oh yes it's possible

Dat meteor

Deleted
    Played the mage in the beta, and this fun, I will continue with for Wod.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    As if Arcane wasn't already underpowered enough, they nerfed it into the ground even more now, while fucking Frost stays overpowered as hell. They're seriously incompetent.
    Did so much change in those few days or what is the source for arcane being super bad and frost being the best? Honest question, because latest simcraft shows quite the opposite - it's Arcane > Fire >> Frost

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17M.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaCameron View Post
    Oh look, someone who doesn't have a clue! I have played Fire since day 1, I really don't care if you think it's for me or not. I have played through the thick and thin, scorch spec and earlier. Do you even know what a scorch spec was? I doubt it. I have rocked Fire/Frost since before Shatter and it was a brutal spec, something to be truly fearful of. Now it is pathetic, everything so far has been nothing but a let down. Blizz haven't even been bothered with dispel protection, or anything of the sort to address major issues with the spec. They clearly DO NOT CARE. 2 months out and most classes are in a poor, poor state outside of Melee.

Perhaps you're simply a Melee whore and know nothing of casters?

Considering that mage was among the strongest pvp classes in vanilla and has always had an op frost spec its pretty obvious that your are talking BS and probably just popped in during cata or mop.

Please, do post constructively.