Thread: New Laptop help

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

New Laptop help

Hey guys, looking to get a new laptop and I was mostly looking off Ibuypower and Cyberpowerpc, I have heard mostly good things about both but wouldn't mind some suggestions about other places to look or any thoughts on either of those places.

I am mostly playing Dota2 and WoW right now as those are mostly what my laptop can handle (barely), but am definitely looking for something that can handle those + newer things (skyrim/ESO/RTW2, etc) on highest or near highest settings. My budget is around 1200-1400$.

I am currently looking at http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/F...ming_Notebook/ although I can't figure out how to get it to link with the changes I have made but right now I am looking at:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Mobile Processor 2.40 GHz 6M Smart Cache, Max Turbo Freq. 3.40 GHz
    MoBo: Mobile Intel HM87 Express Chipset Mainboard
    RAM: 8GB (8GBx1) DDR3-1600 SODIMM Memory or 4GBx2 (I figured with one 8GB I could put another 8GB in eventually if I wanted to go to 16 at 8GBx2? but i wasn't sure)
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX 770M 3GB PCIe Video (NB-FANGB-201)
    HDD: 1 TB 7200RPM SATA300 Hard Drive

I think those are all the important parts I need to link. I had a few questions about them, first being obviously if that would be more than good enough for what I want to use it for and ideally continue to be good enough for the next few years. I have about another 100$ I was looking to put into it and I wasn't sure where I should put it (or if it was worth putting in at all lol) but I was looking at upgrading the CPU or GPU to this...

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4800MQ Mobile Processor 2.70 GHz 6M Smart Cache, Max Turbo Freq. 3.70 GHz (110$ more)
    or
    GPU: Mobile AMD Radeon HD R9 M290X 2GB PCIe Video (NB-FANG-250) (120$ more)

Or I could go with 16GB of RAM but that seemed really unnecessary right now and the GPU or CPU upgrade seemed like it would do a lot more for basically the same price (92 instead of 110/120). I am guessing it would be worth it to go with getting a better GPU but I don't know too much about these things so I wanted to get some advice from people who do haha.

thanks for your time and help

10+ Year Old Account
    You definetly want an SSD in that system, the best upgrade you can do around 100$

120GB Samsung 840 EVO Series SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 540MB/s Read & 410MB/s Write (Single Drive) [+126]

Just make sure the SSD is the primary one

Also don't forget to pick your free games
    Last edited by Cyrops; 2014-02-11 at 06:44 AM.
    PM me weird stuff :3