Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Equilibrium was really good it just happened to not get the hype it deserved.
    That ending though..so anti-climactic. Kind of like Ultra-violet.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    Alejandro González Iñárritu's 'Babel'.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Eh, I thought it was cool and somewhat fun how easily he killed the other guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blackfish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisker View Post
    Underrated?! In which world? It has 8/10 on imdb, only 0.2 points less than The Sixth Sense, a timeless classic.
    I'm assuming you're talking about In Bruges. It was something of a commercial flop, it's very well loved by all that have seen it, but didn't bring in the money it deserves OR get nearly as many awards as I feel it should have.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I thought Equilibrium was a great movie but Ultra-Violet was terrible. First movie I believe I ever saw a polish firing squad. I realized that both movies aren't all that different which really leads me to believe that Christian Bale is the one that really made the difference.

Brick. High School Murder noir film... it's great.

Watched Cloud Atlas and Knowing. Liked them both. Clould Atlas more than Knowing. I guess I am more of a "happy ending" type of dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Brick. High School Murder noir film... it's great.
    Ooooh shit yeah, Brick is fucking brilliant, Joseph Gordon-levitt is OUTSTANDING in that flic. First thing I saw him in after Third Rock from the Sun, couldn't believe it was the same actor
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Forgot one I saw recently,

Odd Thomas

and another oldie,

Silent Hill.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2014-02-13 at 06:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Benjamin Buttons
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

15+ Year Old Account
    Watchmen (absolute jewel)
    Cloud Atlas
    Jacob's Ladder (where Silent Hill drew inspiration from)
    The Prestige
    Witcher (original Polish movie)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know that this movie would be considered "underrated" per se... More, not well known. K-Pax. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0272152/

To my memory, I've never encountered anyone else who has seen it. But from start to finish, I loved it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranastus View Post
    I don't know that this movie would be considered "underrated" per se... More, not well known. K-Pax. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0272152/

To my memory, I've never encountered anyone else who has seen it. But from start to finish, I loved it.
    Count me in, I've seen it. Liked it.

I know very few people who've seen the man from earth which is an amazing movie.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I know very few people who've seen the man from earth which is an amazing movie.
    Yes, like others, would have listed that one and many, many others which have rarely been seen/not mainstream, but if you check out that movie on most rating sites (or just ask around), it tends to be highly rated by people who have seen it, so cannot really be considered "underrated", just unknown...
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2014-02-13 at 06:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    Cloud Atlas

Because yes
    Maybe, if people would understand what happened. There is no sense in that movie whatsoever.

OT: I like the dry-humour movies. Like Napoleon Dynamite (My all-time favorite), Shark vs eagle, Blades of glory. etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    Knowing starring Nicolas Cage. It's a pretty well thought out movie, especially the last 15 minutes. Fun little "what if" movie.
    I thought it was a decent movie until the ending. I thought the ending was absolutely horrible, but to each their own.

As far as movie that were good getting very poor ratings, I really don't have any that come to mind. If we're talking about really good movies that were overlooked or were a hit briefly but have been long forgotten, I'd have to go with Master and Commander and Lucky Number Slevin. Cloud Atlas is a quite interesting movie as well.

Deleted
    The Fountain. Amazing movie with many great actors. Did get 0 attention in Sweden atleast.

Deleted
    Off the top of my head...

The Adventures of Picasso

The life of an amazing artist in one of the most visually stimulating and maddening movies ever. You owe it to yourself to see this at least once.

Cat City (Aka: Macskafogó)

A big budget cartoon about mice and cats... But from hungary. Trust me, it has it's own taste of crazy.

Dragonheart

It's not unknown, but many people think it less than it actually is. A movie about awesome dragons, amazing (for the time) CGI, and a villian that can make your skin crawl. It was a movie that I loved as a child, and still do to this day. Give it some love.