Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Knight and Day was pretty good id probally give it a 7.

My underrated movies(ones that imdb lists under 7):
    Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
    Bunraku
    The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
    Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
    Hellboy
    Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
    The Forbidden Kingdom and pretty much all of Jackie Chans films.
    The Brothers Grimm
    Oz the Great and Powerful
    Monkeybone
    What planet are you from?
    The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    Dragonheart

Contrary to the above list I do watch things other than Science Fiction/Fantasy but everything I've enjoyed/remembered was a 7 or over.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is one of the most underrated movies ever.

Also I really like Colour of Night and Hudson Hawk. And I recently saw Bonfire of the Vanities and really liked it, apparently it's very poorly regarded.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Children of Men. I fucking love that film.
    That was pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
    The first 10 minutes or so of this movie are incredible, then the rest is a mess. Apparently it was originally a short and then got stretched into a full movie.

Monkeybone
    *Shudder*

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    This was much better than I was expecting. Only thing I didn't really like was Mos Def's Ford, but Sam Rockwell's Zaphod was awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Propably not as much underrated as it is unnoticed

Disconnect

Because fuck happy endings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Equilibrium was really good it just happened to not get the hype it deserved.
    This, a thousand fkin time this, Equilibrium was awesome, it had a bit of a matrix flair to it but didn't make it cheesy, well written and has Christian Bale as the role lead.

Definitely recommended
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    Waterworld! ... Strange Days, Dark City, Children of Men, Equilibrium.
    Well, there's a few. Strange Days has the rare honor of being one of only two movies, that I have ever gone to watch twice in a movie theatre.

** Since this was mentioned above: "Also I really like Colour of Night and Hudson Hawk."

The other movie I watched twice in a theater was The Last Boy Scout. What can I say, I like Bruce Willis.
    Last edited by tumppu; 2014-02-13 at 07:07 AM.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Blood In Blood Out.

It gets panned a lot partly due to some terrible acting but besides that everyone I know that's seen it, myself included think it's great.

First im not sure how many of this list is underrated but these are movies you dont hear about too often.

Stardust - Fun fantasy movie with an awsome cast
    Sunshine - But fuck the last 30 mins :/
    The Frightners - Peter Jackson pre LotR + Michael J Fox + Ghostbusters = win
    A Scanner Darkly - Woody Harrelson and Downey Jr are fantastic in this.
    Attack the Block
    Beowulf
    Evolution - Fun scifi. Nice to see David Duchovany post Xfiles back in the day.
    Law Abiding Citizen - Not a fan of Jamie Foxx but awsome movie all the same.
    Robot and Frank
    The Last Castle
    Fantastic Mr Fox
    The Relic
    The Troll Hunter
    Deep Rising

Stardust - a great classical fantasy story with great actors as mentioned above.

I Am Legend - I am not sure if this one ranks as underrated, but I think it is underrated at least. It sort of set the tone of how a quality zombie-apocalypse could look like on film years before The Walking Dead was introduced as a TV-series.

A Knight's Tale, my favourite film of all time!
    IMA CHARGIN MY FIREBALL!!!!!

The Last Castle was *AMAZING*. I don't know how it was critically received, but it couldn't be good enough, imo.
    Stardust was a must-see too, but I think it got decent reviews ? don't remember.
    I Am Legend - don't know why reviews said it didn't compare to the original. I watched the original later. It was awful in comparison, and I generally dig classic scifi/fantasy.
    Cloud Atlas - delivered on every angle. Its also one of those movies that has depth the second viewing as well.

My addition - "The Man Who Knew Too Little" - just a campy little spy comedy, but damn if I havent watched it a dozen times whenever I felt like laughing.

This is very easy, Shoot 'em up!

Fun, smart, sexy and possibly the most unrealistic movie ever made. They don't just poke fun at action, they do it at 400mph and end up with an action flick parody that is better than any action film ever made.

Another one is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, what a ride! No redeeming qualities what so ever but just one glorious ride!

Why are you watching Tom Cruise movies btw? I refuse to have part of the money I spend on a ticket go to the "church" of scientology so they can use it to destroy more lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ang Lee's Hulk gets routinely badmouthed but I really liked that movie.

RocknRolla got mixed reviews, and I don't know anyone that saw it, but I LOVE that film.

Sucker Punch got ripped to pieces and called a myriad of bad names, but I thought it was good.

Not Another Teen Movie bombed and critics took a dump on it but I've lost track of how many times I've watched it. It's hilarious! Also, it introduced me to Chris Evans. /hubba

Constantine also got mixed reviews, and just doesn't seem that popular/well known, but loved it.
    Last edited by Bavol; 2014-02-14 at 03:11 AM.

- A Knights Tale
    - Sunshine is decent
    - Moon
    - Balls of Fury
    - The Island, this is one of my favorite movies
    - The Incredible Hulk

Little Nicky for me. I laughed quite a bit at all the jokes.

Deleted
    Oh here's another two,

Contact (1997)
    To Die For
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2014-02-15 at 03:57 AM.

Stardust - fantasy tale for adults.
    Equilibrium - duh...
    and... Daybreakers... - I realy did like the idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bumping this thread back up because it's got a lot of movie suggestions I haven't checked out yet.

Adding one: Falling Down.

Cabin in the Woods - Hilarious satire, but I think a lot of people passed it up thinking it was just another summer slasher flick
    Reign of Fire - Good action movie with dragons in a modern setting. Also some nice appearances from Gerard Butler and an oddly bald, buff Matthew McConaughey. It didn't get a lot of critical love, but it's a fun movie if you like dragons and post-apocalyptic
    Fire in the Sky - Forgot to add this one. It got pretty well panned, but it had good characters and suspense. And the abduction sequence is horrifying and trippy.
    Last edited by speehs; 2014-03-04 at 06:03 AM.