Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I am aware that this is posted on the Hunter forums, but it is just as important for Elemental Shamans. Being able to move while throwing Lightning Bolt is the very reason I made an Elemental Shaman as my ranged dps (PvE) choice.
    How about focusing on classes such as Hunters and Frost Mages with all their instant spells? At least Shamans has to THROW the spell, which is around 1,5 sec depending on your haste.

I'm not happy with the fact that they want to change Lightning Bolt while running, but at least give us a passive talent that makes us able to do so, and perhaps throw Chain Lightning too (I mean, it's a talent after all).

The problem with implementing Fox again is that they've made us so damn dependent on Hawk. Switching out of Hawk is close to a 30% dps loss now.

If they do bring back fox and make Cobra not castable on the move, I can almost see how people would rather stand in the fire and finishing casting Cobra/SS than lose dps by switching out of Hawk.

i simply cannot play this class anymore without moving its just tooooo much fun !!!!

Take it away and i play a melee again (being a hunter since beta 04 )

Deleted
    Please no!! Removal of fox was the only reason I enjoy my hunter again. 100% on the move = fun and makes it unique as a ranged melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    With or without casting while moving won't make a too big of a difference when all of our spells are instant
    At the moment. No reason they couldn't change a few things.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a surprising amount of "Noooo don't make us move again!!!" responses to a blue post that states that they like hunters having the mobility niche.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're killing off aspect dancing there's no way that fox makes a return. It was bad in cataclysm that's why it's gone now. Look at the other classes like warriors, aspect dancing is a dead concept. Aspects are a good candidate for removal due to button bloat too.

I believe this one particular thing MUST be homogenized. Either noone casts on the move, or everybody cast on the move. I'm not speaking about hunters here, I speak about manausers. Also, resourse (mana) management should be back for manausers too.

Aspect dancing was bad, you could just macro Fox+Cobra to a separate bind and use that while moving and then have Hawk+everything else on normal binds.

Deleted
    I've never liked the 100% dps on move model. What is suppose to be our niche and strenght just means bein subpar DPS wise compared to other pures. Because in the real game there is not a single encounter where being able to do 100% of your dps on the move -but nothing else on our DPS toolkit- outweights the benefits of being multidoting classes with a much more steady scaling and alternative tools/mechanics to cast time spells which in the end allows them to outperform hunters even in the scenarios where hunters should reign.
    And then there's the PvP size, which makes hunters the hardest class to balance by far.

Even with Steady/cobra not being able to cast on the move, our dps on the move would be 100% or really close to 100% with the current model on focus regen and costs. Even back in cata the mere auto-shot on the move change made us already the more mobile class by far, even when playing on a model with strict 6 sec cycles.
    Last edited by mmoc2c179830db; 2014-02-11 at 11:03 AM.

Deleted
    Brace yourselves. Class homogenization is coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what's the big deal of us being able to cast while moving? Just because it's actually making a class fun to play is a reason to nerf? It sure doesn't make us overpowered in raids, we got pets with travel time to give us enough dps loss when it comes to switching targets and any other ranged class doesn't have that problem.

Aspect of the Fox was akward mechanic and I sure don't want it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyok View Post
    Brace yourselves. Class homogenization is coming.
    Celestalon made a tweet a few days ago regarding AS being common skill for all classes and that its one of the issues they're considering to change in WoD. Sooo..

I HOPE YOU'RE WRONG!!!!!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    I mean they can run and do full damage
    Why cant casters run and do full damage then?
    And yet its been many, many years since hunters were top of the dps pile. How can this be?!

Leave hunters alone!!

From mechanics PoV I always thought about hunters as being "mele that attack from range" - meaning that they can do 100% of their DPS while running around (just like meles can). That's indeed a niche that hunters have, that balance with the fact that they are a pet class, that do require more micro management and dealing with bugs with pets on some encounters.
    What's more, that opens a room for another physical ranged class - as a class that's pet-less and require more standing (more like a sniper taking careful, aimed shots from behind) to fulfill their role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Idon't think they get it. So what if lightening bolt is cast everytime on the run, it's like that in many games there's no problem there, why would it be a problem here. They should've made KJC something else instead of nerfing it. And now they're talking about too many instants which is stupid. If they're going to nerf the instants they should allow casting on the move.

it'll make pvp bette, pve better in general. They're just stupid.

Hopefully some of these new games take millions of subscribers away so they can sit down and assess why people no longer like the game. they keep changing things all the time but it's usually something fun or that could be iterated on in a positive way.

They need new blood there imo.

I never had a problem with Aspect of the Fox because I learnt how to stance dance properly. There is/was a lot of qq about it but if you learn't how to do it it was a piece of piss.

Hunters being better in arena in MoP has little to do with the removal of Fox imho, just made more f the middle ability Hunters become competitive.

Personally I would like to see sniper training come back. I liked that mechanic. You weren't penalised for movement but rewarded for planning your movement. much more interesting mechanic and I really miss it.

Deleted
    I highly doubt that anything will happen to hunter casting on the move.

1) We aren't casters, we are physical ranged.
    2) Our filler spell hits a lot less than lighting bolt and Incinerate, shadow bolt, malefic grasp.
    3) They removed the stance to bake it in, which I doubt they'll bring back, as that would make sense on revert.

To me I think it's Lore talking bullshit as always, he obviously hasn't got a clue, nor has he ever had a clue to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Even tho this is in Hunter forums, The ability to cast and move is the biggest step to making PvP Balanced for everyone. Its the main reason that classes such as Melee + Hunters are Always OP every season.

I mean they can run and do full damage
    Why cant casters run and do full damage then?
    Hunters aren't that op atm. The only thing a hunter is very op against is mages.

Just give us back sniper training:

6 seconds of not moving gives us xx% more damage. Good hunters will do top dps because they will know how to position themselves and average hunters will do ok dps and can retain full mobility.

For pvp we were never the class that brought the damage anyway (apart from buggy episodes like stampede glitch) so it won't matter that much.