15+ Year Old Account

[Windows 7][AMD][GPU] Help me please

So, my gf was playing wow on my pc. No big deal.

5 year old comes in and bumps the reset button on the front of the case leaning to tell her something. That is when hell started.

The PC reboots, and we reboot into windows, aaaaaaaaaaand the computer no longer recognizes my GPU. It is a 280x, no issues to date. It is getting power (though no way to be sure if enough) as the fans power up. It is listed as "Standard VGA Adapter" in just about everything from hardware list to afterburner.

I reseated it, tried the second pci-e slot, same results. I restored my PC to a week ago, no dice.

Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed from here? Without this GPU working my computer is a dead duck, and I'd rather not have to try to RMA it if possible as I'm not even sure it is the card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Re-install your drivers, same thing happen with my GPU, kinda got me a little worried until I re-installed the drivers. Should do the trick.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    Re-install your drivers, same thing happen with my GPU, kinda got me a little worried until I re-installed the drivers. Should do the trick.
    Derp. after a 14 hour day simple protocol slipped mind. attempting now.

- - - Updated - - -

God it is entirely too difficult to remove and reinstall Catalyst -___-

- - - Updated - - -

uninstall, reinstall, uninstall, delete files, reboot, install, uninstall, delete some more, reboot, finally card is recognized and ccc is installing properly. Damn AMD get your crap together with your drivers >_> <_< -_-

Deleted
    Best, easiest, fastest, AMD/Nvidia un-installer I've used.

http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

15+ Year Old Account
    OK, now another problem. Anything plugged into the HDMI slot does that thing where it shrinks the display. Tried a different HDMI cable to ensure there wasn't some issue there, same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

All fixed, apparently the display was set to underscan to 10% for some ungodly reason.

ffs I'm exhausted, been up for like 17.5 hours now, bed plzkthx.

Deleted
    lol, been there done that... go sleep