Deleted

At what point should i go for Mastery>crit

Hi I have a 572 balance druid currently at 37.94% crit and I was wondering at what % should I switch over to going mastery instead of excess crit.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...druid/advanced

*Sorry for title error I mean Mastery>Crit*
    Last edited by mmoc458fc2ab5d; 2014-02-11 at 07:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't main a Balance Druid, but from what I've heard, I believe that if you can maintain at least 12k crit you should be solid.

Deleted
    As far as I know you can't really reach the point where mastery becomes better than crit with the gear that's available so just keep stacking crit.

Correct me if I'm wrong on that one, though.

Btw, you're over hitcap by almost 4% ... that is a massive waste of stats!
    Last edited by mmocb172fa1607; 2014-02-11 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zen0x View Post
    As far as I know you can't really reach the point where mastery becomes better than crit with the gear that's available so just keep stacking crit.
    on paper ive seen a bunch of instances even for myself where mastery sims higher and whatnot but in practice i think most are in agreement that crit is still better for other benefits

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zen0x View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong on that one, though.

Btw, you're over hitcap by almost 4% ... that is a massive waste of stats!
    Yeah their is nothing I can do to reduce that hit with my current gear.

And it's just what i've heard that at a certain level of crit you will be getting so many SS procs that you wont be able to utilize them so it is just wasted as opposed to if you went mastery instead.

Mastery is never better than crit in real DPS situations.

You reforge Mastery only on pieces of gear that already have Crit and are not needed for capping Haste or Hit. In other words, when AMR/Reforgelite say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Mastery is never better than crit in real DPS situations.
    There's a point where it does. There's one point when your starsurge starts overwriting each other too much resulting in an average DPS loss making mastery a bit better. There's also a point where your crit is soo high that you comes out of lunar eclipse too fast losing alot of potential DPS on your starfall especially on 2+ targets.

To me, 16.5-17.2k crit is the perfect balance and rest mastery while making sure you have 10289-10296 haste. At this time you can maintain 100% uptime on nature's grace with ease.

Edit: But hard to tell how this gonna be once we lose the meta which helps switching eclipse faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Boticha View Post
    There's a point where it does.
    You don't reach such gear levels at this moment. Maybe at Protectors and other heavy multidotting fights, mastery beats crit but even that is debatable.

Simulations show that mastery is very close to crit with full BiS gear (practically equal) but because you need SS procs to DPS while moving, it is and will be this entire expansion a better stat. Having something to press while moving is just too essential.

And that 16-17k crit you mentioned, that is where the best in slot gear will roughly end at. Most of the high crit items are with spirit and getting rid of all of that is difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    You don't reach such gear levels at this moment. Maybe at Protectors and other heavy multidotting fights, mastery beats crit but even that is debatable.

Simulations show that mastery is very close to crit with full BiS gear (practically equal) but because you need SS procs to DPS while moving, it is and will be this entire expansion a better stat. Having something to press while moving is just too essential.

And that 16-17k crit you mentioned, that is where the best in slot gear will roughly end at. Most of the high crit items are with spirit and getting rid of all of that is difficult.
    I think it's more about the feeling when you play than pure maths. I agree mastery beats crit on some fight and vice versa so chosing a good balance between both pretty mu
    ch relies on your raid composition and the strats you're using but pretty sure we can both agree (to answer the OP) that 16k crit is a must. Past that, going for mastery or crit depends on his personal preferance.
    Last edited by Boticha; 2014-02-11 at 05:43 PM. Reason: typo

It's not like crit only gives you starsurge procs.. it gives you double damage as well, not exactly bad on it's own. Even if your starsurges overwrite eachother, youll still get more starsurges in the end.

Just go full crit, haste cap then the rest mastery, no reason to ever go mastery above crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Boticha View Post
    There's a point where it does. There's one point when your starsurge starts overwriting each other too much resulting in an average DPS loss making mastery a bit better. There's also a point where your crit is soo high that you comes out of lunar eclipse too fast losing alot of potential DPS on your starfall especially on 2+ targets.

To me, 16.5-17.2k crit is the perfect balance and rest mastery while making sure you have 10289-10296 haste. At this time you can maintain 100% uptime on nature's grace with ease.

Edit: But hard to tell how this gonna be once we lose the meta which helps switching eclipse faster.
    Anyone who has done a fight like heroic Thok, both with regard to chasing the boss and getting starsurges and simply getting procs between the interrupts, can understand why the simulation values aren't practical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regem those spirit/crit with stam/crit, shitty value>no value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

There's no reason to ever target mastery.
    Mastery becomes better than haste @ 10296.

I would never consider it over crit. Crit, crit, crit, and past 10296 haste, let extra stats flow into Mastery. But don't go seeking it.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.