Motherboard HDMI problem

Hi all,

so I build myself a gaming rig, and when I connected all the cables in it and turn it on, the screen always says No Signal Detected.
    I figured out that my motherboard probably has ( HDMI ) it disabled or something, since it works threw the DVI port, but not HDMI.
    So I'm asking, does anyone know how to enable it if that is the case, since in bios it doesn't say HDMI / Disabled.

MB : AsRock z87 Extreme3
    CPU : I5 4670k
    GPU : Gigabyte GTX 760 DirectCU OC

And I noticed that my GPU according to bios is set to PCIe. Should I try and change in bios to PCI?

Thank for ur helps!

Deleted
    Why are you connection your screen to the motherboard? Or maybe I'm just not understanding correctly.

Connect it your video card.

Could be a bad quality HDMI cable. Either way you can just use DVI.

PCIe is is correct.

1. The GPU has 2 DVI ports, a HDMI port and a Display port. I want to use HDMI.
    2. Now I'm using DVI connected to GPU, and not connected to motherboard.
    3. It's pretty new the cable and works fine with everything else, and I want to return the DVI cable, since it was 60$, but I have HDMI at home. No reason to keep it. And I have a monitor with speakers, so I could use the sound aswel..

Deleted
    Can you borrow a cable from someone to test with? maybe have a different cable to test it with at home?

My one HDMI port I thought didn't work and I tested with 4 different cables then after returning the monitors for repairs twice it turns out it was just crappy HDMI cables, brought it to the store and tried with a new cable and it worked. TL;DR HDMI sucks...

For about half of what your cable cost you can buy speakers that are much better than your monitor crappy speakers:

Logitech Z313 $35 not amazing but will get the job done and much nice than any screen speaker.

HDMI input on Monitor enabled..?

I have a few cables at home, will try with different ones aswell. Speakers on monitor are for my wife, if she ever wants to watch a show or something, and they're not that bad actually. I have headphones for gaming. Will try with diff. cables.

Ty

Try connecting your hdmi cable to the hdmi port on the motherboard, this way you can tell if its the cable. If it still doesn't work, try another cable with that same mobo port. If it still doesn't work, it probably means your monitor has an issue. If that works, use that cable with your gpu. If that fails, then its your gpu.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmyk View Post
    HDMI input on Monitor enabled..?
    Ye, I'm a retard. This was it. Thank you everyone for your help!