Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    You guys remember when we could cast Chaos Bolt on the run!?!?!? That was the shit right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Axxym View Post
    You guys remember when we could cast Chaos Bolt on the run!?!?!? That was the shit right there.
    Not so much on the run...on the crawl perhaps...on the limp? That was never the "fun" spell IMO at least never in pvp. Still feel like demo w' UVLS was the most fun but not due to damage...the abundance of DF and the choices on how to spend it kept the spec in the "interesting" mode longer. Which is to say that a fast in/fast out playstyle for demo might be a better direction for WoD than a slower build into a seldom used DF dump. That is also better due to not having sooo much emphasis on the perfect storm of buffs to spend so seldom on.

10+ Year Old Account
    What made UVLS fun was the sheer number of Imps, and in a way the control it gave over managing them. I'd love if they could come up with some kind of mechanic that led to that kind of result, but in a less RNG + mad reaction to 4 second proc kind of way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    It's fair to say that there has never been a better time to be a warlock.
    SL/SL locks say hi.

Its amazing how much complaining I see when Warlocks have been the best damage class to bring to a raid for all three tiers this expansion.

I play a rogue so I don't have it much worse, but it still amazes me nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Its amazing how much complaining I see when Warlocks have been the best damage class to bring to a raid for all three tiers this expansion.

I play a rogue so I don't have it much worse, but it still amazes me nonetheless.
    Don't think anyone is saying it's bad now; just that it's been even better before.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    most warlocks that i know say tbc was the best . i only played lock in mop .

Depends on what you define as golden age. Vanilla was terrible PvE. We were support class that provided HS, SS and imp to the tank group. Other than that, damage was not that great. In PvP fear spamming was ultra strong. But still undead rogues kept our back holes wide enough to remember our places.

Last patch of vanilla while preparing for TBC we saw tremendous lock power at BGs sine dots ate up all opposition easily. Same with drain life. I remember drawing aggro with drain life in NAxx 25 back then. The nerfed our dots before TBC. But that meant nothing. We were tremendous at TBC damage wise but we were really boring. SL/SL was very good for arenas. Before they make Mortal Strike affect drain life healing you just stood there drain tanking. That was the time when the first jokes on how to fight a warlock as a raid appeared! Good time but it was broken.

WotlK was ok, Cataclysm was NOT ok imo. But now. I feel we are by far the most complete class ever created :P Unparalleled utility, very good damage, very distinct specs that (at least pre 5.3) were equal and very nice, very good soloing, ok PvP. In general a very well designed class. Imo this is our golden era.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post

I know, right? Fuck us who prefer game mechanics instead of numbers.

In BC we were kings. AMAZING. I loved sacrificing succubus and spamming crazy shadowbolts. Oh man good old days!!!

Deleted
    Cataclysm demo was not just a spec it was an art form, felt like I was bashing out the 9th symphony every raid.
    Much better these days, mechanics/gameplay-wise.