Addon that shows combo points when not targeting something?

Here I am again. I thought I'd keep my separate questions in separate threads.
    I need an addon that will display how many combo points I have available even when I don;t have anything targeted. So far all the addons I've downloaded don't work unless I'm targeting something. Any ideas?
    Last edited by djcoin; 2014-02-11 at 08:09 AM.

Rogue combo points. I just want to know how many I have accumulated without having to target the person.

That's not possible, you are only able to show your anticipations charges without having a target. Rogue and druid combo points are on the target, therefore you have to have a target for you to see any combo points.

If you had a way to show you that you had 4 cp's on any target, how would you know which target they were on? Think of the Horridon fight, it would be an awful mess.

This is for arena. I have everything on arena123 macros so I don't need target anything and the need for targeting binds is just slowing me down at this point.

You can display combo points on nameplates. I haven't checked into these for awhile, but Threat Plates used to do it and Tidy Plates might also. I think that might be the closest you can get to what you want. All other options I know of require you to have a target.

Yeah. tidy plates requires a target to see combo points sadly.

That is because you require a target to have combo points. That's how the game works.
    There is no such things as combo points without a target.
    What you are asking for is not possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakhyt View Post
    That is because you require a target to have combo points. That's how the game works.
    There is no such things as combo points without a target.
    What you are asking for is not possible.
    It might not be possible, but there ARE combo points without a target. Just try a rogue. Selfcast and nontargeted stuff like slice and dice, crimson storm will work without having a target - if you have combo points in some target somewhere. It can even be dead. Not long dead but recently died.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    It might not be possible, but there ARE combo points without a target. Just try a rogue. Selfcast and nontargeted stuff like slice and dice, crimson storm will work without having a target - if you have combo points in some target somewhere. It can even be dead. Not long dead but recently died.
    I main a rogue..
    You might be able to use combo points without having a target, but you still are not able to show them without having a target. The combo points come from somewhere = the target you had them on, even if its dead or not.
    This is also why Honor Among Thieves require you to have a target to generate combo points and not just generate them out of the blue for you to use as you like.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakhyt View Post
    You might be able to use combo points without having a target, but you still are not able to show them without having a target.
    Of course. But this doesn't mean that the combo points don't exist. They do. It's just that the game client can't show them without having a target. The server exactly knows wheter you have CPs and how much and where. But apparently addons cannot query this freely.

I assume it could be done, but no one has done it because it makes no sense. For example, you can change an addon that shows the combo points to not delete them from the UI if you clear the target... I suppose the logic there is something like this "is target select? if so does it have combo point? really? then paint circles" and also "is there no target selected? delete all the circles".

Just throwing this as a wild idea:

ForteXorcist can track DoTs on multiple enemies as progress bars.
    Maybe it can be configured/changed in some way to track combo points in addition to DoTs.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    look for the event PLAYER_TARGET_CHANGED in the addon, it should be registered on a function used to show/hide the combo frame when the target is changed, write this as first of the function line and see if it works (might not work properly if the function does something else other than updating the visibility of the frame):
    if not UnitExists("target") then return end

Here's a rough WeakAura:

Code:
    dCehiaGif8ifs6sQkv(KiknkjiNscQzjrDlje7scPHPQ4yseltHsptHyAOQCnLkTnLcFtHuJtHQZjb6EOk2NisCqjslucvpuP0fLaSrrK6JkK4KsaTsKzkIIBkIQ2Psf)ucLHQu1sfrLNkQPIkUQcfFvPO3kIq3verTxv(RQyWWHfPflGhlqtwv1LfAZsQ(SKYOrv1PvYQvvkETQsPzlc3gvA3s53kA4QsTCj55s10r56cA7Qs(UicgVQsopQsRxvPQ3lIi3xejTF6RKJZL5E5)l)FCUC9zJLxFF82zKnU8)Q)nHTGS1R4v8l)V6VtKYlN4xSl)DbLUCWWoBYLt8l2LRh2cYwZwHkArlAHLecHyvxSzPpBNCdmF2pxnwxWdpI2kHGXFSjjecHqieBw6Z2j3aZN9ZvJ1f8i(ijecrS9ljecHKqievrwyvtWMDw1QvRqBw6Z2j3aZN9ZvJ1lSuS9ljjjjjjjjjjjjjD5QyT1SXH33XlZIFXUC6))ITMT0epSQvTAXQ(X52PKJZLzvRA1IvhNlZ49D8YDwklSF5Ww8vSXUCAiBE5Gjs79lNCfBugtbC54RyJD5X0wmXw(tRsdYIvRoBfSF5EyG4RyJTVkwF91LZ7lGKjzUCyp(emrAVFf)YHTf7YVtKYBS6Y9WaXxXglhwV(6Rl)ST0mNNmNstooxoShFcBl2v8lhmSZMCFy8(oE5olLf2p2LdBSQvTAXQJZXo2XU86)YBNCdmf7NRgRF5KW6NX)L0JE8rxWXh5dFBuWpJpsjJSXvVi8n(LBHC5uTQvlw1VDg7L5pUQXp7s6D)SXg7Y347(z0F4RGfCC(U6fHVnUCIz6)X5YvZeXJZL5gMGTooh7yh7YSQvTAXQJZLz8(oE5GHD2K7LJVIn2L3YFktK8XEpTw8YXxXgRF5XStbY5zBXs(IxSN9fRa3Ht(YHT4RyJD50q28Ybd7Sj3hgVVJxo(k2yxoyyNn5E56HTGS1SvOyzryBXkSKqiescHqSQlcBlMGhEej77eP8gRswbJ)ytsiecHqiksre5GPnrAIeI3ZEFfiruS(Jn2Q(knqIOiSTy9IkjecHqiejMbtticBlwxWJijjjecHqiecHqmWsRQfzdLLecHqiecHqigQpdg2hkljecHqiecHqmWDg2JZxXQHYscHqiecHqiedbM9EjdLLecHqiecHqigcm79XouwsiecHqiecHyiWS3hzOSKqiecHqiecXqGzVZ3qzjHqiecHqieIHaZEF3HYscHqiecHqiedPvXwAjdLLecHqiecHqigsRIT0XouwsiecHqiecHyiTk2shzOSKqiecHqiecXqAvSLY3qzjHqiecHqieIH0QylD3bjHqiecHiPkjecHqiescHqiecXML(SDYnW8z)C1yDbpIpscHqiecHKqiecHquFwjwcEeLuwmQHTfRl(NscHqiecHqieR6Inl9z7KBG5Z(5QX6IKI4JGXFSjjecHqiecHqiecrGQy63kjecHqiecHqeB)scHqiecHqiescHqiecHqieBw6Z2j3aZN9ZvJ1f8igLiB7KBG5(5QX6fA4DIuEJvdLfHTfRNexj5cljecHqieX2VKqieX2VKqiesX2VKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK0Ldg2ztUp8V(JxMT4g)p2XUC)YvJ85YVUDkHVs(CS7a
    We watch UNIT_COMBO_POINTS for notification that we've generated or consumed combo point(s). When that happens, Trigger #1 will scan through all relevant unit IDs and check for combo points on the unit. If we find any, we stop searching and store it in a variable to use for the display.

Trigger #2 is just there so that the # is always visible.

I think the only situation where this would not work well is if you have any macros that target a person by name (i.e., "/cast [@Legolissxyz] Sinister Strike"), which would be really weird for a combo point generator. Also, it's ugly, but you could tweak it and make it pretty if you wanted to.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    He means, if he's generated combo points on a target and he is no longer targeting that target.

Monk Shaman

I had a bowl of nails for breakfast......without any milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafua View Post
    He means, if he's generated combo points on a target and he is no longer targeting that target.
    Is that addressed to me? Because the WA I posted addresses that.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Deleted
    nug combo bar extremely good and you doesn't need any other addons for it to work and it is compatible with all other addons I know due to the fact that it is a free standing addon. Meaning it doesn't have to erase anything of blizzards default UI. Another useful addon is either PitbullUI which will change your whole UI you could also use TidyPlates or PlateBuffs but I don't think PlateBuffs shows combo point but I still recommend you use either PlateBuffs or TidyPlates due to the fact that they will really come in handy.

I use IceHUD - its literally the only module I have running on it with everything else deactivated and it does everything I need so dont see the point in finding a dedicated addon.

Plus occasionally when Im designing a new UI there are other elements of IceHUD that come in handy (I never use the health bars though - ugly!!)