Unhappy Demonic Gateway / Teleport

Ever since SoO was introduced both of my teleport and gateway keep disappearing in mid of boss fight (happens on Thok, Blackfuse, Immersius, Galakras, Spoils*before we even enter second room) making my toolkit for Blackfuse Heroic absolutely useless...
    Wrote on official forums, on twitter, no response.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Gateway despawns when you move more than 100 yards away from one of the two gates.

On Blackfuse portals despawn when the boss is engaged to prevent a clever use of game mechanics that let warlocks up on the belt every time.

It first had the 100 yard limit. Then it was fixed so that it had a zone limit but no range limit. Then they broke it in some patch again to have a 100 yard limit, except in battlegrounds where it still works at any distance.

I'm starting to think the 100 yard limit is intentional now...

I wish they would fix it. We hardly use them anymore because they just despawn all the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Gateway despawns when you move more than 100 yards away from one of the two gates.

On Blackfuse portals despawn when the boss is engaged to prevent a clever use of game mechanics that let warlocks up on the belt every time.
    i just recently joined a raid guild after being offline for a few months and guess who didn´t know that gates and portals despawn at the start

"mayhem you´re next" - "aye" "uuuuhhmmmm, problem!"
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    move a100 yards from the one furthest to you and it will despawn.
    makes it about as useful and a wet flannel trying to stop a flood.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has to only be an issue in PvE, right? I place my Gateways up in RBGs and BGs and step away much further than 100 yards. I've never seen any of them despawn unless I die.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousPvP View Post
    This has to only be an issue in PvE, right? I place my Gateways up in RBGs and BGs and step away much further than 100 yards. I've never seen any of them despawn unless I die.
    Apparently they only work correctly in BGs. Try setting one up in the world and it should despawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Fun Fact: The Monk's Trancendance does not despawn, even if it is almost the same mechanic and allows him, to do every belt...

I noticed BlizzardCS has posted info on Demonic Gateway's Wowhead page a while ago. Seems like its not intentional and they are aware of this. Quoting from wowhead's page:

"Hey guys,
    We wanted to let you know that there’s a known issue with the Demonic Gateway. If the Warlock that casts it moves away from either end (more than 100 yards), it will disappear. This issue is being investigated at the moment, hope it doesn’t impact you a lot. "

Deleted
    Well the 100 yard limit does allow me to stay near Thok and let others kite. As soon as I kite myself I run out of gateway range, it poofs and our kiting tactic goes to shit. So I get to stay near him and dps like mad, not worrying about running from a dino.

It's very annoying on all the other fights where I want to use it though. I maybe get 1 use out of it on some fights like Immerseus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Celastalon tweeted about it a couple of weeks ago, they had to change it because of bugs/exploits.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Andarius ‏@Andarius4 Feb 17

@Celestalon Could you have a look into the demonic gateway? It wouldn't despawn at 100 yards previously, but since 5.4 it does so again.

Celestalon ‏@Celestalon Feb 17

@Andarius4 Unfortunately, we had to make it despawn like other player creations, for exploit prevention/bugs. Trying to solve in the future.
    Linky

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaroch View Post
    I noticed BlizzardCS has posted info on Demonic Gateway's Wowhead page a while ago. Seems like its not intentional and they are aware of this. Quoting from wowhead's page:

"Hey guys,
    We wanted to let you know that there’s a known issue with the Demonic Gateway. If the Warlock that casts it moves away from either end (more than 100 yards), it will disappear. This issue is being investigated at the moment, hope it doesn’t impact you a lot. "
    Fix faster it's quite a useful tool in a lot of fights. Not necessary, but useful.
    I don't want my team yelling at me anymore because "go home portals, you're drunk"

Sadly though, they intended this "despawn" to happen in a more recent post by Blizz.
    Blizz said they will try to fix "in future".

Edit: Nevermind, poster above me linked Blue Post, didn't scroll down yet lol

My Pet Battle Website: GirlsDontPetBattle!