Malkorok HM - Displaced energy

Hey everyone,

We are currently wiping (lot of 3-5% wipes :/ ) on Malkorok HM, and something is still not clear enough for us.

Why the hell is displaced energy sometimes not dispelled by stampeding roar ?

Sometimes, both players get dispelled, sometimes only one, sometimes no one.

I've check WoL, and:

- no speed boost is currently active when roar is cast
    - both roar have the same problem (on the first displaced energy AND the second one).
    - our first roar isnt "too late". It isnt still active when the second one is cast
    - nobody use a root removal before roar
    - everyone is in range

On the log, it says:

- X and Y get displaced energy
    - X and Y get roar
    - X displaced energy fades
    - Y displaced energy is not removed

Does anybody know why?
    Thx in advance

shaman totem/other speed boost/out of range is only things that screw it dispelling
    even if some people pretend they didn't pop it , is often a lie
    people a mentaly press speed things to run to stacking phase not even noticing it for themself

I'm not terribly familiar with using stampeding roar for this sort of thing, so I may be completely wrong here and this is purely speculation.

But stampeding roar has a base distance of only 10 yards and i'm assuming it's being glyphed to increase the range to 40 yards. Perhaps, and again this is just speculation based on the facts presented, maybe the speed boost aspect is getting the increased distance but the dispel aspect is not?

Should be easy enough to test this theory out in the world and confirm whether or not that is the case.

But aside from very obvious answers that i'm sure you've already thought of, it's the only thing that comes to mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I suppose you guys are stacking for blood rage? I have always solo tanked it myself, everyone else was always spread out by default all over the room and grabbing orbs. If that's the case, I have no idea. I wondered why you would do such a thing. XD
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Yes, but WoL dont lie (i hope xD).

It happened to me too (i'm a mage). And nothing was active. (And i got roar, so i was in range):
    - no PW:S (with body and soul)
    - no blazing speed
    - no windwalk totem
    - etc

I really dont understand whats happening with this.

This was our yestersay comp:
    Tank:
    pal (no HoF), dk

Heal:
    Disc (no PW:S), Druid

Dps:
    Mage (no blazing speed), Hunt (no master call), sham (no windwalk), dk, feral, balance

Maybe ive missed a spell? Or a passive?

Nothing that ive listed were cast (in WoL). I received Roar buff and i didnt get dispelled. Wtf?

Edit:
    @dasani:
    We dont stack in p2 (solo tank). We tank it in the middle, and both drood goes in the middle too. They glyphed their roar so 40y covers every part of the plateform. Maybe you're right about root removable not beeing applied on 40y?
    Last edited by Sakku; 2014-02-11 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    Are you using roar a second or two too early? I play a guardian druid and my roar never fails. Wait for Displaced Energy to be cast, THEN roar. It only removes it on cast.

Deleted
    Yeah we found that using the roars 2 seconds after the application of the debuff fixed the problems, you have plenty of room for error so wait a bit longer. Don't know why this happens but we had the same problems when using the roar straight after the displaced energy was applied.

Oh just seen your edit that you spread for blood rage, im pretty sure that platform is bigger then 40 yards?

If everyone is spread out, why not just dispel it by any means available to you, as well as healers? lol

I don't understand.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2014-02-11 at 11:20 AM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

because if you're near somebody not having the debuff while clearing the room, he will get killed.
    The room isnt more than 40y. I've tested it before pull: To be out of Malkorok range, I have to be in the stairs at the entrance. Since our druid are in the middle, they cant be out of range. Oh, and we HAVE Roar, that means we are in range of them

Roar didnt seem to be used too early, but we will try to wait 2 sec (our first druid use it after 1 sec (brain lag ):

[21:51:19.663] Malkorok casts Displaced Energy
    [21:51:20.258] Malkorok Displaced Energy Sakkû Immune <= I was under glyphed Iceblock, cleaning room
    [21:51:20.258] Malkorok Displaced Energy Dariusz Immune <= He was under symbiosis-Divine shield, clearing room
    (no debuff, so no roar used)

[21:51:30.380] Malkorok casts Displaced Energy
    [21:51:30.793] Mammgozh afflicted by Displaced Energy from Malkorok
    [21:51:31.020] Sakkû afflicted by Displaced Energy from Malkorok
    [21:51:32.890] Malkorok's Displaced Energy fades from Mammgozh
    [21:51:32.890] Mammgozh gains Stampeding Roar from Mammgozh <= he got it!
    [21:51:32.890] Mammgozh casts Stampeding Roar
    [21:51:33.266] Sakkû gains Stampeding Roar from Mammgozh <= I got it too!
    [21:51:34.062] Malkorok Displaced Energy Sakkû 326729 (A: 7396) <= not dispelled
    [21:51:36.325] Malkorok's Displaced Energy fades from Sakkû <= manually dispelled

[21:51:41.084] Mammgozh's Stampeding Roar fades from Mammgozh
    [21:51:41.300] Mammgozh's Stampeding Roar fades from Sakkû
    Last edited by Sakku; 2014-02-11 at 11:44 AM.

During progression we initially tried getting rid of the root effect using roar or the totem. We noticed the same thing that it was less than consistent. I'm fully willing to concede that this is likely due to timing. However, we stopped even worrying about it. Everyone spreads during blood rage. A couple of us go around to clear orbs. When someone gets the debuff, they're just cleansed. Noone is ever near others to kill them because of the root. In this way the root actually works to our advantage. Now, admittedly, it's really frustrating when I pop rocket boots and deterrence and then I get the debuff and am rooted in place, effectively neutering my epic orb clearing adventures. However, this rarely happens.

Just spread and have them cleansed when they happen. Find the simplest way to survive, and then focus on having enough dps to beat the enrage.