Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    This picture sums up Shadow in MoP:

On the left you see the shadow priest looking pretty.

On the right you see some random garbage which looks really cool but doesn't do anything useful.

End of vanilla when BC talents came in, naked shadow priest could kill anyone.

Entire BC was far and away the best time when was performance based return on vamp, even though we weren't chart toppers most fights.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I remember the best time to be Shadow in PvP is the TBC, because I am not a Gladiator. I did a lot of BGs in that time though. I would watch PvP vids all day. too.

I wouldn't trade one TBC Glad for 20 gladiators from this expac. I use to watch Noxn vids and stuff. So much has changed...

Anyways, I found an old vid that I use to watch. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8oiKf1Xgvw
    Last edited by mindp; 2014-03-02 at 04:49 AM. Reason: I can't computer

painfully horrible trying to watch any pvp in that resolution, how can you say "Enjoy."?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's the thought that counts? The vid is six years old...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    On the left you see the shadow priest looking pretty.

On the right you see some random garbage which looks really cool but doesn't do anything useful.
    Admittedly, I'd probably use a Minor Glyph that did that to my Shadowform...

Probably the scariest, most intimidating form I've ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing since Wrath, but didn't roll a Priest til Cata, but I really loved Spriest in Cata. Honestly one of the biggest selling points for me was Dark Archangel. The biggest issue I had was orb generation could be rather frustrating. I really don't like Shadow now, I've barely played me priest in MoP.

Deleted
    Shadow priest in 3.3.5 PvE was really good though once you started getting heroic gear. The only 3 classes we had that the shadow priest(s) couldn't beat was Boomkins, mages and warriors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mindp View Post
    I remember the best time to be Shadow in PvP is the TBC, because I am not a Gladiator. I did a lot of BGs in that time though. I would watch PvP vids all day. too.

I wouldn't trade one TBC Glad for 20 gladiators from this expac. I use to watch Noxn vids and stuff. So much has changed...

Anyways, I found an old vid that I use to watch. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8oiKf1Xgvw
    I love that you remember Noxn. She was actually the one who made me roll a shadowpriest in the first place, back in the season 2 days, hence my name is somewhat inspired.

Noxn 2 was pretty much one of the best pvp videos of that era! Brings me back

End of wrath/ICC. Our haste scaling was insane, damage was highest around then. I didn't enjoy Cata much at all. MoP was a step in the right direction for less ramp.

Anyone remembers Beckon, the god of all shadowpriests. Forever.
    <inactive>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Anyone remembers Beckon, the god of all shadowpriests. Forever.
    I remember Beckon (And Noxn)

TBC Shadow was very fun ^^ TBC Shadowplay remains as possibly my favourite comp to play in any expansion, the other contender being WotLK RPS before the Bloodlust/Dispel Magic nerfs.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not played CATA therefore I cannot tell if it was that great as some mentioned here. But as I have started my priest as a twink in early BC I kinda fell into him. I was an undead back then - with devouring plague being a racial noone else had. (I think that was changed with the beginning of WotLK?)

TBC was not about damage, cause you did only a little more than a Ret-Pala - but still everybody wanted you and not the Ret. You were essential. Boss fights were mana battles and without 2-3 Shadows the BT would be terribly hard as a healer, even for caster DPS we were needed.

I kinda liked the supporting role in the raid - but others like to top the DPS charts. Also you had a nice way of passive heal with Vampiric Embrace as a "all time" effect.

I came back now with the ending of MoP to a completely new game - you don't have essential classes anymore and that is something which hurt the shadow specc pretty much. You're not even a good supporter anymore.. Sure it is easier to be more flexible in your encounters, and now with spell damage and spell heal combined it's also easier to get off specc gear..

But I still think TBC was the best I've played so far. You were the battery, do little damage but help the whole raid to do even moreso!

Quote Originally Posted by gry View Post
    TBC was not about damage, cause you did only a little more than a Ret-Pala - but still everybody wanted you and not the Ret. You were essential. Boss fights were mana battles and without 2-3 Shadows the BT would be terribly hard as a healer, even for caster DPS we were needed.
    This is what I hated about MoP. It's the first time since I play shadow that I have actually said: "You know what? I could be much more useful with a X for this fight" on at least 70% of the boss fights from MV to SoO. Never before had I felt like a burden on my group (I raid 10-man and shadow IS a burden there), because I always knew the utility I provided more than justified my inclusion even If I wasn't topping damage meters. /end of rant

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Cata was good, then ghostcrawler saw one mage crying; so he nerfed priests to oblivion.
    Well he's been fired--- err "Moved on to better things" so maybe they will improve.