Deleted

Disc priest could use some tips/tricks. 570 Ilvl!

So as the title says I could need some tips/tricks, atm I'm 570/569 and I feel like I could do more healing then I am currently doing, and if not so, it's always worth a try to improve!

My log from our last raid - worldoflogs.com/reports/eep7a9v7ie3u4v5l/

The name of my character is Orrelover - eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/outland/Orrelover/advanced

Thanks!

(And I'm not a Keyboard Turner! :>)
    Last edited by mmoc516226b860; 2014-03-03 at 01:16 PM.

Int/Crit in red when bonus is worth it and Spirit/Crit in blue when bonus is worth it. Otherwise 320crit gems. Stop the mastery stacking. Change chest and leg enchant.

Edit: Glyph of holy nova? wut?
    Last edited by Henriksson; 2014-03-03 at 01:42 PM.

Deleted
    Edit: That ^ too

Have you tried dropping a healer? :P
    Really, there's only so much damage going out and if people aren't dying, there's not that much to fix.

Could you be a bit more specific maybe?

Deleted
    Well I used Glyph of Holy nova for Thok which sometimes gave us 50k healing when I couldn't cast anything else. Mainly just trying it out (for the first time).

I used to play full crit but I do not fill that it's that effeicent, criting 700k with a PW:S is sometimes.... good.

Well I think that my rotation and the maximizing of my character is good but I sometimes feel like I should be able to put out even more healing, and since I do not really see a problem with what I'm doing it's pretty hard to be specific about what I could use some help with! Mainly just want to see if there's anyone out there who could find something for me to change or do instead of what I'm doing currently!

Thanks
    Last edited by mmoc516226b860; 2014-03-03 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Fixed some spelling errors....

Deleted
    its not all about you & topping the meters.

Deleted
    You gear is lovely. I would be happy to have so many pieces that are itemised well and not absolutely drowning in spirit and haste. So, since it is lovely, you should treat it as such. There are a few gem slots where you can switch out to pure crit gems and your second serpent's eye will better serve you if it is pure crit.

Jina-Kang performs poorly with Discipline. Xing-Ho is generally a better choice.

I'm not really too sure what your concern is though. At a quick glance, the output numbers look fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amezea View Post
    You gear is lovely. I would be happy to have so many pieces that are itemised well and not absolutely drowning in spirit and haste. So, since it is lovely, you should treat it as such. There are a few gem slots where you can switch out to pure crit gems and your second serpent's eye will better serve you if it is pure crit.

Jina-Kang performs poorly with Discipline. Xing-Ho is generally a better choice.

I'm not really too sure what your concern is though. At a quick glance, the output numbers look fine.
    I switch between the two cloaks depending on what type of fight it is, for example, I use DPS one on Sha/Nazgrim and the HEALING one on lets say, Thok for example!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    its not all about you & topping the meters.
    No but it's all about me improving my healing.

Deleted
    You say you want to improve your healing, but my first question would be: how do YOU benchmark healing?

Greetings! First of all, you do have some oddly itemized gear, but we can work with it. Remember that means your stat budget won't be as ideal to work from as say someone who has pieces itemized for Crit/Mastery rather than things like Hit and Haste.

Gearing:

-You are using the Spirit/Int enchant on your legs. Change this with the Int/Crit version.
    -Glorious Stats to Chest, not spirit.
    -Gem for Int/Crit, not Int/Mastery; Crit/Spirit not Crit/Mastery
    -Gem both Serpent's Eyes for Crit (It's a not a 2:1 but a 3:2 tradeoff, but at this point JC gems can be secondaries for Disc)
    -Do not reforge out of mastery as you did on your ring. Reforge only out of Spirit, or Haste (or Hit)

Please Refer to this write-up pertaining to Mastery vs Crit: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=3690

If you are having trouble with Spirit, you will want to meet spirit socket bonuses for now using Crit/Spi gems, which is still more overall stats than ignoring those socket bonuses as a whole. You will want to ignore them when spirit has no value for you what-so-ever, IE you've reforged out of spirit on every piece.

-Reforge out of Haste and into Crit on your healer Cloak, and out of haste and into spirit on the DPS cloak

Glyphs:

-Glyph of Holy Nova isn't worth it, even on Thok. You will want to be using those GCD's for PW: S, PoM. You will do far more healing this way.
    -Glyph of PoM is mostly situational, and in general isn't that great of a choice. You should consider instead: Glyph of Fade, Glyph of Binding Heal, Glyph of Inner Sanctum.

Logs:

Overall, you need more HF usage. It's more important than smite, and additionally can be used to trigger ToF on adds that are about to hit the sub 35% threshold. You're using it about 2-3 x per minute, when you can easily be using it 4-5/minute.

You generally use exactly as mana PW:S's as needed for rapture. That being said, you aren't making good use of your Healing LMG. Try to get a few PW: S casts out during this time-- prioritize targets with bleeds, ticking dots, or anyone who could be in danger soon (people who soak on Malkorok.) If you are not currently tracking your LMG, you should set up a WA to track it.

Your FH usage is not ideal. On Protectors I see it has nearly a 50% overheal. Instead, consider PW:S that target and waiting for Divine Star to pick up the slack. Using FH when it'll only lead to great overheal is quite a waste. I prefer glyphed binding heal in 10's for this reason, as if it's led into with Borrowed Time from PW: S, it's faster than FH and does more eHPS even with full overheal on yourself.

Make sure to always lead into spirit shell casts with Borrowed Time from PW:S. This will allow you to get at least 3 (or 4, depending on haste) casts out during the Spirit Shell duration.

Game your ToF proc. on Norushen you only had 47%. It should be easy to get upwards of 65-70% on this fight, and yes, that throughput makes a huge difference. Game the ToF proc with HF whenever possible. In other situations where HF is on CD, SW: P is always an option.

Don't let your Archangel uptime drop below 48-55% ever. With the 2pc, there are very few times in which you would want to hold off on AA.

More atonement on movement heavy fights like IJ. I also suggest Halo depending on strat. It's very powerful, don't shy away from it because of mana cost.

In general, it's going to be more effective healing to use atonement over PoH. On IJ, you were only casting HF 2x per minute, and barely smite or penance'ing. It's hard to believe it but Penance is critical especially. It's the most important of all atonements. It is a smart AoE heal.

Glyph of PW: S is trash and never ever use it again. It takes your total absorb amount, say 100, and subtracts the heal amount from it. So you get 80 Absorb, 20 Heal. It often leads to high overheal and really serves no real purpose.

Make sure to not let yourself drop too low, it'll lead to less healing because your atonement heals are doing to heal you for less but prioritize you because they are smart heals.

On fights like Nazgrim, you can fairly accurately depict what ability he will be using based on his rage (which is on his frame.) You would do well to Spirit Shell at post 65-75 rage, since a war-song is imminent.

Again less FH. Less FH. less. FH.

Hope this helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orrelover View Post
    Well I used Glyph of Holy nova for Thok which sometimes gave us 50k healing when I couldn't cast anything else. Mainly just trying it out (for the first time).

I used to play full crit but I do not fill that it's that effeicent, criting 700k with a PW:S is sometimes.... good.

Well I think that my rotation and the maximizing of my character is good but I sometimes feel like I should be able to put out even more healing, and since I do not really see a problem with what I'm doing it's pretty hard to be specific about what I could use some help with! Mainly just want to see if there's anyone out there who could find something for me to change or do instead of what I'm doing currently!

Thanks
    If people tell you how to gear optimally for healing and then you say things like that I don't think we can help you.

thanks .. that helps