Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnasty View Post
    Life isn't an "event" its a series, a infinitesimal amount of moments/events/happenings/ect. This is but one small chapter in what will be the story of his life... he should make it count.
    No dood, life is the shit that happens in between your plans.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    ...or, you know, maybe the commitment. That is the real point of a marriage - you make a commitment to stay with that person for the rest of your life. When you are just BF/GF there is none of that, neither has committed anything, leaving it open ended.

When you get married, love stops simply being something that happens, it becomes a choice you make.

I lol'd at the irony of this...

If you believe that you need to be married to have a lifetime commitment that is on you, but divorce rate would greatly disagree with you.

Deleted
    Not to mention I've messed around with married women and married men. Once the woman, she chose the devil she knew and threw us cheating, she repaired her marriage.

The other time, the guy chose to be with me and not his wife, and I didn't want him...and saw the damage I did on both ends.

Like I said, life really is to short. Do what you have to do and live it the way that makes sense to you.
    You can defend your attitude, but really mate, you're a shithead. Life is too short and you're ruining it for other people for your own sake.
    If everyone had the same attitude as you do, the world would NOT be a good place, nor a safe one to live in.

15+ Year Old Account
    You should block all communication with her instantly.

Had several friends/guildies who did the same, all of their relationships ended horribly.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    I "stole" my girlfriend from her husband nearly 8 years ago, never looked back.

If you're doing it for the right reasons (and lets not forget she has a choice in all this) then I don't see what the problem is.
    Sure you didnt look back, or you would have seen all the hate you have caused, Since that doesnt feel nice beeing confronted with the own evil doings and it´s outcome, it is quite naturally that People with a poor character dont look back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    I "stole" my girlfriend from her husband nearly 8 years ago, never looked back.

If you're doing it for the right reasons (and lets not forget she has a choice in all this) then I don't see what the problem is.
    You must be proud!

I love these kind of people.

Mooboy, these kind of women have no clue what a true relationship is, they jump from man to man climbing the steps to "better".

Your next, she's always looking for something better and when she finds another "step", bye bye..

Deleted
    Life isn't an "event" its a series, a infinitesimal amount of moments/events/happenings/ect. This is but one small chapter in what will be the story of his life... he should make it count.
    Really? Sometimes I think that I'm the perfect guy out there. The perfect ideals and proper judgement of things. I'm a good guy, I really am. But this kind of grandeur that I feel has been given to me by the likes of you. The more assholes that contribute to asshole decisions and "assholery" in general is feeding my god damn delusions of grandeur, and I really like it. But the better I feel about myself, the more annoyed I get when I see that people don't work the way I do.

In my eyes, defending scum actions draws you close to rock bottom of human scum. If you're telling him, if what I just read isn't misinterpreted, that he should go for it and ruin every chance they have of repairing their relationship naturally, or ending it naturally, you belong in the cesspool I just described above.

I hope you know how to swim.

Quote Originally Posted by aggs View Post
    I don't think the word means what you think it does.
    I think I made an overly simplistic, yet applicable, point.
    'Being in love' is your brain responding to another person's pheromones in a way that is rather stronger than just being turned on or attracted.

Quote Originally Posted by caelius View Post
    Tell her how you feel - it's her own decision how she handles it and if she's faithful.
    But be warned: If she leaves him for you, she'll probably leave you for someone else in the future. It's a question of principles.
    Heed this persons advice Ron once a cheater always a cheater..she cheats on him with you she'll cheat on you with someone else

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    I think I made an overly simplistic, yet applicable, point.
    'Being in love' is your brain responding to another person's pheromones in a way that is rather stronger than just being turned on or attracted.
    Saying that it is being overly simplistic is still being VERY overly simplistic. Something that can lead to an initial attraction and being the source of love is far different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah its a sad day when you already know who the OP is just by the title.
    Aye mate

How do you KNOW she returns those feelings? Unless you two have talked about it before- you don't. What if you were to tell her and it be a complete surprise to her? You just lost someone you cared about. I think you should tell her, if she was a good woman, you WOULD be out a person you cared about and you could go on to try to wreck another home. If she's an awful person, the man will lose something he never needed and you two will deserve each other! Be careful though, I have heard a lot of instances where men have been killed for fooling around when other men's wives; I can't say that I blame them. I urge you to think about the golden rule though "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" (inb4 all the "take your bible somewhere else!" bull, it's simply a matter of ones morals). If you had a wife, and someone was making a move on her how would that make YOU feel? You haven't even said if they have kids together or not, and if they do I hope he does shoot you... in the kneecaps so you suffer for the rest of your life. Maybe her husband is abusing her, though, in which case I would try to get her help instead of trying to get into her pants! If it's one of those sexless relationships, they need to work that out, that's between THEM. If I were you, and they had a semi-healthy relationship I would cut all ties with her and move on. Any man that has ever been in a relationship with a woman who has another man in the friend zone will tell you how much of a scum piece-of-shit you're being. That's all I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Greenbean View Post
    Really? Sometimes I think that I'm the perfect guy out there. The perfect ideals and proper judgement of things. I'm a good guy, I really am. But this kind of grandeur that I feel has been given to me by the likes of you. The more assholes that contribute to asshole decisions and "assholery" in general is feeding my god damn delusions of grandeur, and I really like it. But the better I feel about myself, the more annoyed I get when I see that people don't work the way I do.

In my eyes, defending scum actions draws you close to rock bottom of human scum. If you're telling him, if what I just read isn't misinterpreted, that he should go for it and ruin every chance they have of repairing their relationship naturally, or ending it naturally, you belong in the cesspool I just described above.

I hope you know how to swim.
    Funny I suffer from the same delusions. I am an amazing person, a humble, kind, caring, thoughtful, loving human being. I'm also a hedonist, if you choose sorrow thats your personal preference... I choose happiness.

I grew up in south florida, and was on a swim team... you bet your ass i know how to swim.... WOOOHOOOO GOOOO POLLIWOGS!

Deleted
    Funny I suffer from the same delusions. I am an amazing person, a humble, kind, caring, thoughtful, loving human being. I'm also a hedonist, if you choose sorrow thats your personal preference... I choose happiness.

I grew up in south florida, and was on a swim team... you bet your ass i know how to swim.... WOOOHOOOO GOOOO POLLIWOGS!
    Based on your thoughts, I'm given the impression that you suffer from a very severe case of delusions of grandeur.
    You're choosing happiness over sorrow, but you happily doom others to feel sorrow because of you.
    This alone makes you an arrogant, selfish piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Greenbean View Post
    In my eyes, defending scum actions draws you close to rock bottom of human scum. .
    Me and you could be very good friends.

Saying that it is being overly simplistic is still being VERY overly simplistic. Something that can lead to an initial attraction and being the source of love is far different.
    I guess that's partly to do with what one believes. I don't believe in love as anything other than a biological function. It's a great function, and I'm enjoying it greatly, but it's still just a function. A function that you can build a romantic relationhip on, of course, but not a function that should impede on someone else's romantic relationships.
    There's also a problem of context, of course. The love for one's parents and syblings is different from the love for one's friends, and both are different from the love for a mate. Yet we use the word 'love' for all of them. We even use the word to describe the joy we receive from certain activities, and even objects.
    It's important to note, then, that 'being in love' in this context (and always in this context when 'being in love' is the phrasing used) is nothing more than being strongly attracted to a certain individual.

Are you crazy or what asking for advices on a matter like that on a mmo forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    I guess that's partly to do with what one believes. I don't believe in love as anything other than a biological function. It's a great function, and I'm enjoying it greatly, but it's still just a function. A function that you can build a romantic relationhip on, of course, but not a function that should impede on someone else's romantic relationships.
    There's also a problem of context, of course. The love for one's parents and syblings is different from the love for one's friends, and both are different from the love for a mate. Yet we use the word 'love' for all of them. We even use the word to describe the joy we receive from certain activities, and even objects.
    It's important to note, then, that 'being in love' in this context (and always in this context when 'being in love' is the phrasing used) is nothing more than being strongly attracted to a certain individual.

It is ok to just be wrong. It in fact has nothing to do with the context in which you are using it. There is no saving this one.

Deleted
    lol @ all the people saying it's wrong to date her.. you realize if both have feelings for each other and the woman no longer loves her husband there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that? marriage doesn't mean you have to stay with your husband til you die, people change, people's feelings change, get real guys.

It is ok to just be wrong. It in fact has nothing to do with the context in which you are using it. There is no saving this one.
    I know it is okay to be wrong. I am merely of the opinion that you are. :P
    No, seriously though... I am. I think people's romantic views on the whole 'love' thing are clouding people's judgement on what is actually going on, and I think that, in cases like this, it's better to realize that it's just a mechanic you can (and should, in this particular case) ignore than it is to cause harm to yourself and others because you didn't think things through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    lol @ all the people saying it's wrong to date her.. you realize if both have feelings for each other and the woman no longer loves her husband there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that? marriage doesn't mean you have to stay with your husband til you die, people change, people's feelings change, get real guys.
    I agree; there is, indeed, nothing wrong with that.
    But the third party shouldn't ruin things for everyone. If that couple isn't working out, then that is their problem. Not the OP's. These are separate issues.