How disc should be in WoD

Up their dps to 80% ish of a dps class. Nurf their healing into the ground and keep Agis as is or better. Every guild I know is to healer heavy, disc should be a support class with good dps and protection from damage. Make agis even have a % damage reduction while it's up on someone. That would be a fun spec.
    Last edited by Nightstorm; 2014-02-11 at 11:32 AM.

May as well make it a full dps spec then. Disc is popular right because it combines the aspects of dpsing and healing at the same time with over the top scaling which leads into the current situation, doing what you suggested will make ppl abandon it in droves. Support specs don't work in WoW cause either you're top or you're useless that's just how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Support specs don't work in WoW cause either you're top or you're useless that's just how it is.
    That is an issue with the community not the game.

Exactly, none wants to play a support spec that has the main purpose of buffing others. Support specs existed in the early days/years of WoW and almost everyone hated playing one, like playing a spriest to be the mana battery in BC or a paladin to be the blessing buffbot in vanilla.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should up dps by 25% without nerfing Atonement 5% per patch till it barely does anything. I love queueing as a healer for a random dungeon and healing people with dps. One of the few true hybrids in WoW.

Exactly, none wants to play a support spec that has the main purpose of buffing others.
    It really depends on how they do it. Support like the mana battery spriest, yeah that sucked. Support classes like Defenders/Controllers for CoH; those were awesome to play and highly desireable for "raids". But it would require blizz to make a pretty huge shift to make a 4th role (support) when they've stuck with the triad of tank, heals, dps for so long.

Exactly, none wants to play a support spec that has the main purpose of buffing others. Support specs existed in the early days/years of WoW and almost everyone hated playing one, like playing a spriest to be the mana battery in BC or a paladin to be the blessing buffbot in vanilla.
    Said support specs were really boring and didn't have compelling gameplay.

If support specs have compelling gameplay and extremely noticeable, yet balanced effects on the raid, people would want to play them.

And it's not like it hasn't been done in other games, you can have support specs with interesting gameplay and noticeable impacts and people will play them and like to play them.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Do you really only want to spam smite, penance and holy fire all day every day, while topping the healing meters? Disc is already to close to that. Nowadays u spam atonement spells with a lvl 90 talent, SS and a shield here and there, yes abit more spells on heavy dmg/diffrent situations but thats it. Tbh im looking forward to a less heavy atonement spec, not specificly nerfing but rebalancing the class. I agree disc is about combining healing and dps with absorbs, and thats why i love disc, but it´s been over the top...

When i saw the first atonement nerf i wasn´t happy aswell, but i think it did us good and needs more changes.
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2014-02-12 at 08:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    Do you really only want to spam smite, penance and holy fire all day every day, while topping the healing meters? Disc is already to close to that. Nowadays u spam atonement spells with a lvl 90 talent, SS and a shield here and there, yes abit more spells on heavy dmg/diffrent situations but thats it. Tbh im looking forward to a less heavy atonement spec, not specificly nerfing but rebalancing the class. I agree disc is about combining healing and dps with absorbs, and thats why i love disc, but it´s been over the top...

When i saw the first atonement nerf i wasn´t happy aswell, but i think it did us good and needs more changes.
    I don't even mind it that way. Priests also have a pure healing spec. While I agree that atonement on its own is really damn strong (and I do think it's going to be nerfed), I really like the DPSy playstyle of it. Playing a resto for instance can be quite boring at times, disc provides useful tools for those downtimes. Hell, if they nerfed atonement to the ground but left the DPS rotation as "support", I would be fine with that. Switching from DPS to healing and back again is certainly a lot more interesting than being locked to either.

Disc is in an odd place in the game because of the type of heals rather than the strength of their heals. Since absorbs "steal" healing from other healers and get first dibs on damage intake it artificially inflates how good they seem. The resto druid in my guild hates playing with me because I drop his potential healing by so much.

Personally I don't think disc is in a bad spot right now fun/skill wise. Sure you can play disc like a retard and just atonement and pw:s the tank per rapture but there's a lot more you can do than that. Disc has a lot more tools to it's arsenal than say a resto druid who just spam rejuvs the raid keeps efflorescence down and uses wild growth on CD or even a shaman who keeps healing rain down uses healing stream on CD and spams either CH or their single target heal. Comparatively I'd much rather heal with atonement than playing whack-a-mole with rejuv since I can dps as well as heal and do other stuff as well.

So what makes a better disc priest? Having atonement smart heal + our other skills? Or mindlessly spamming pw:s across a couple groups wrath style? Personally I don't see much of a "skill" difference between smite spam and rejuv spam. Topping meters is more of an artificial epeen contest that has nothing to do with a a healers skill and I really think that a disc priest can do a lot of fun stuff that a lot of other healers can't do out there.

One of the biggest problems with healing meter epeen contests is that healing is a finite amount in a raid encounter that as time progresses gets less and less. Dps gets stronger and pushes phases faster. People get more comfortable with fights and stand in less fire. So there's less and less damage to heal as raid progress through encounters as well as healers getting stronger and stronger. Disc is just heal sniping right now and making people thing it's stronger than it is. But, I never saw people complaining about holy when Paragon solo healed Garrosh HC...

10+ Year Old Account
    80% of a DPS, with healing utility? Sounds like Shadow.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.