Deleted

I am planning to buy Guild Wars 2

I am conna level a necromancer. Sooo.. what is the best storyline optsion for the (human) necromancer?? I wanna kill a lot of monsters and bosses..

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no clue if there are actually better story options performance wise. What I do know is that you simply have to choose which storyline you want to pick yourself. It's no use if somebody else decides for you ;P

All the story lines converge to being the same. So it doesn't matter what you choose at creation.

The early parts of the story are the only thing effected by those early options. There is nothing special about any one of the three backgrounds to choose from in terms of what a player will do. All three are basically the same gameplay-wise, only the narrative set up differs.

Class choice is inconsequential to the story as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    All three are basically the same gameplay-wise, only the narrative set up differs.
    ahem, you got different missions / different set-pieces for each path in the early levels before starting with the pact storyline. You also have unique missions for the minor-races choices.

look at this, each box a different mission

http://i.imgur.com/OxIDh.jpg

Last edited by Maarius; 2014-02-11 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    ahem, you got different missions / different set-pieces for each path in the early levels before starting with the pact storyline. You also have unique missions for the minor-races choices.
    I did not say the missions were the same. I said the gameplay was basically the same- which it is.

Killing roue centaurs, sons of svanir and inquest are different missions. Their gameplay is basically the same though.

The PS mission gameplay doesn't vary much till the factions come calling upon you. After which, all the stories are more or less the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quakefan View Post
    I am conna level a necromancer. Sooo.. what is the best storyline optsion for the (human) necromancer?? I wanna kill a lot of monsters and bosses..
    A whole thread for this :S Just gamble with it, its hardly going to affect your game, you'll just have the odd deviation here or there.

Well, the 'street rat' option is definitely the most challenging of the 3 for human. I don't remember enough about the second option though.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    The only real decision I`d say in picking a side, is for which armour you want in the end.

Check out the different armours for each version & see which you`d prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    The only real decision I`d say in picking a side, is for which armour you want in the end.

Check out the different armours for each version & see which you`d prefer.
    Mostly, yeah, though I didn't really like the Vigil guy, the Priory and Whispers characters were much more fun.

Sometimes I think I'm the only one who liked Forgal.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Your character creation choices will all lead to fighting monsters in personal story. However, if you want to focus on fighting, then you'd want to choose the Vigil for your Order membership later on in your personal story.

However, I find the Order of Whispers to have the coolest looking gear of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Sometimes I think I'm the only one who liked Forgal.
    You were. We had a vote, the entire internet agreed.

Technically, I liked him well enough the first time. Repeating wise, meh. It also has to do with the questing area involved.

It's because his competition are Tybalt and Sieran. :P It is impossible to not love Tybalt and Sieran was a riot.

I still like Forgal though. His surprised/exasperated declarations amused me. He also started out as kind of a reluctant fatherly figure who in the end wished you were his kin (which made me kind of ;_; ).

I also thought that out of all of the mentors his sacrifice made the most sense. Tybalt kind of did. Sieran seemed completely out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    It's because his competition are Tybalt and Sieran. :P It is impossible to not love Tybalt and Sieran was a riot.
    It's like I said in the other thread, if the personal story had stopped at 40 or 50, I think folks would have remembered it a lot better.

Deleted
    go for it!