Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Spirit Shelling 5 seconds or so before the phase starts helps. Also everyone using their healthstones at once is pretty much equivalent to a big raid cooldown.

Loosely spreading after you get knocked back is also a big deal.

Nebs we'll try that out. Thank you.

Our pally is new to healing still, he was primarily one of the tanks until one of the healers went MIA.

Here is how our raid do it with 3 healers (Shaman, Druid and DPriest)

We start the fight where it is at the start and stack up as soon as transition is happening and drop a barrier before knock back to the far East side of the area

Once landed Shaman drop HTT and spread out we usually pop personal cd on the 2nd one as well as lock stone and right after the 2nd one hit we tranq

We will then wait for the boss to come to our area and dps there until the next transition phase come and knock us back the other way (this hasnt been happening much as we usually kill it before it can hit 2nd transition now)

From the look of the log, your pally is trying to blanket everyone with EF, I have never really done that even before the nerf to it so I can't tell how efficient it is now after the nerf.

I think I completely ditch this talent and switch to selfless healer for more HP generation and cheaper cast. As all pally heal put a shield on the raid so I usually just put the beacon on one of the lower geared tank and do judgement, holy shock, holy radiance, light of dawn. This rotation will generate 3 HP and then completely consumed by LoD.

I will switch out of my "rotation" when situation requires but that is how I generally blanket the raid with the pally shield.

I could be wrong as I haven't been raiding with my pally much since 5.4
    Last edited by Emily314; 2014-02-11 at 11:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    you didn't fix anything.
    the damage from that ability is unavoidable. what is avoidable is the # of people getting hit by it.
    actaully the barrage is completely avoidable if you get knocked back to the far right wall (when looking at the boss from the entrance)

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    actaully the barrage is completely avoidable if you get knocked back to the far right wall (when looking at the boss from the entrance)
    Completely different ability than the one I was talking about.

In almost every H Juggernaut thread there is confusion about his cannon abilities. He has three; two in normal mode, plus an additional one in heroic.

Mortar Cannon - This is present during P1, and it is the thing that makes a big red circle on the ground. It is completely avoidable provided the player(s) moves quickly enough.

Mortar Barrage - This is the new heroic mechanic, only present in P2. This makes the big red circles on the ground in P2, and this is completely avoidable if you're getting knocked into a far corner and using the outrange tactic.

Demolisher Cannon - This mechanic is present in both phases. There is some confusion about it not being present in P2, but it is, in fact, there and requires people to be spread out 6 yards in order to avoid splash damage. So, a good rule of thumb for this fight is to always be spread 6 yards except when stacking on markers for knockback. This is unavoidable by the player that gets targeted. Technically, if you listened for the sound that accompanies this ability, and shift your camera to look up to see the actual cannon ball heading towards you, you could avoid it. However, this is difficult and impractical to do. This won't one shot you unless you're getting hit by something avoidable at the same time. All you need to worry about for this ability is to be 6 yards apart.

Question: If we have two priests should both go disc or one disc and one holy?

Deleted
    It's really easy with your comp.

1. Pulse: Barrier, AMZ, Smoke Bomb, Banner
    2. Pulse: Rallying Cry, Resto Tranq (right after pulse)
    3. Pulse: Rallying Cry, Aura, Feral HotW Tranq (right after pulse)

I don't see how anyone could die through this.

Deleted
    We use the following setup for this fight ->

Blood DK
    Guardian Druid

Mistweaver Monk
    Holy Paladin
    Restoration Druid

Destruction Warlock
    Elemental Shaman/Arcane Mage (These can vary from week to week)
    Survival Hunter
    Arms Warrior
    Retribution Paladin

This is what we use ->

1. Shock Pulse: AMZ + Ret Devotion Aura + Healthstones if required.
    2. Shock Pulse: Hpal Devotion Aura + Rallying Cry + Healing Tide/Guardian Tranquility
    3. Shock Pulse: Revival + Moving Tranquility (Resto) + Banner/Personals

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Not sure.

Even 1 disc is amazing, When we first started killing him the disc we had was going 230k+ HPS with absorbs making up like 60% of his healing.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2014-02-12 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    This is what we use ->

1. Shock Pulse: AMZ + Ret Devotion Aura + Healthstones if required.
    2. Shock Pulse: Hpal Devotion Aura + Rallying Cry + Healing Tide/Guardian Tranquility
    3. Shock Pulse: Revival + Moving Tranquility (Resto) + Banner/Personals
    I know you're already killing him but I would recommend switching the ret devo and banner because of possible range issues with the banner effecting the boss

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    both disc.
    You cant heal stupid, but you sure can shield it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexii View Post
    4 healers isn't remotely needed. If you need 4 healers then you have bad healers. Many guilds 2 heal H IJ once they get it on farm status.
    This is correct. And I know I might sound like I'm a dick but we 1 shot iron juggernaut hc on our first 10 man try with a 2 healer tactic. Then again me (resto druid) and our Shaman healer were around 568 ilevel so we pretty much over geared it, maybe the fact that we had 3 locks helped as well with the damage. Nowadays we usually 1 shot him unless you get a nice laser/drill boar/Ricochet combo on someone and the tanks go full retard 7 stacks.

The tips I can give you is that you should use your defensive's aggressively in this fight. Don't save them, just continuously use them as the damage is very high at all times. The hardest part is the transition into the siege phase and out of it in terms of damage from my experience, surviving the siege phase itself is rather easy as you can pop a lot of personal cds and the shock doesn't hit THAT hard. We usually make sure to stack on 1 point during the transition and move to another point behind it once the tar allocates to our position while popping a Tranq/Healing tide/ascendance if something goes wrong. Stacking up is also a bad think seeing as you have a higher chance of getting ricocheted twice in a row. Position yourself in a line inside healing rain/Efflorescensce so you minimize the chances of getting double hit. Moving away from the bore drills by completely turning your character around helps a lot. Don't worry about the dps as everyone else here as said, the enrage timer is a complete joke.

This is indeed just a survive fight and you should go in with a survival mind set. I hope my tips will be of some use for you and your raid team, good luck!

Edit: It is possible to time the Mushroom Bloom once you get knocked back to heal you up before you even land. Just make sure the raid stands on the edge of it and pop it as soon as you fly back. It's a bit tricky at first but it saves you from getting killed afterward for any reason.
    Last edited by mmoc2f1e52f43f; 2014-02-13 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmaranthineSR View Post
    When knocked back off Shock Pulse, you are calling for the raid to spread out around the back wall, and separating your healers across the spread right?

Most guilds assume when knocked back you've got to stay stacked, this is an absolute no no.
    This will help you out so much.

We stacked very tight when we progressed it and it was horrible. When we are loosely spread you will not have the random bombs do as much if any splash dmg ( it can close to 1 gcd people).

Although we made 2 makers, the first one used untill we get the second tar. Healing rain on it, raid spreading Out in the healing rain. Just makes it easier to two heal it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebs View Post
    EDIT: Don't bother with Spirit Shell. The pulsing nature damage will often strip it before the knockback.
    Whaaaaat? Spirit Shell gives you a buffer to help make sure everyone gets topped back up and there's no reason not to use it.

I pop SS when we land from the first knockback, and then we cycle through our other healer's CDs. Also, we found stacking at any time other than the first knockback to be more risk than it was worth. Three demolisher cannons on anyone is an instagib, and we had it timing VERY close to the pulse. We use our smoke bomb and my barrier together for the first pulse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zynth View Post
    Moving away from the bore drills by completely turning your character around helps a lot. Don't worry about the dps as everyone else here as said, the enrage timer is a complete joke.
    Bad DPS means a second siege phase and a much harder fight. You can strafe away from the boss at full speed at almost 180 degrees so there is almost never a reason for DPS to turn their back in a target. Unless you don't have a facing requirement during the movement (applying most dots, for example) facing away is terrible. Move sideways or position correctly, instead.

honestly, the hps seems really low on those logs, this might not be a problem with your strat.. the druid has 50% harmony uptime, the paladin is doing = hps to the tank.

he has 88% rejuv uptime, he's not using sotf+wg 65% lifelboom uptime, he's not using natures vigil.

bloomed his shroom once for zero total healing, you could just spread out until tar goes out, stack in shroom+pop it before shockpulse goes out.

as far as gear goes, he's running with over 17k spirit for some reason, which leaves him with around 4k mastery which is another massive output loss.

while your strat might also be bad, 2/3 of your healers are SERIOUSLY underperforming.

my druids ilevel is around 574 (4 higher than yours) my hps on jugg is around 235k-240k on average, and that's 3 healing, 95k is far far far too low.
    Last edited by asil; 2014-02-15 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    while your strat might also be bad, 2/3 of your healers are SERIOUSLY underperforming.

my druids ilevel is around 574 (4 higher than yours) my hps on jugg is around 235k-240k on average, and that's 3 healing, 95k is far far far too low.
    No way. Not unless your raid is standing in borer drills constantly or you're healing with the two biggest scrubs in heroic raiding. Total HPS requirement for this fight is around 500k and you're claiming to do half of it while three-healing, never mind tank and DPS self-heals. Our third healer was dead for a third of the fight this week and I did 155k while our shaman did 142k. Even if you added our dead healer's HPS to mine, I wouldn't be at 235k.

235-240k is ranking territory and looking at logs at those numbers they all seem to be two-healed with the druid leading the second healer by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Adhemar View Post
    No way. Not unless your raid is standing in borer drills constantly or you're healing with the two biggest scrubs in heroic raiding. Total HPS requirement for this fight is around 500k and you're claiming to do half of it while three-healing, never mind tank and DPS self-heals. Our third healer was dead for a third of the fight this week and I did 155k while our shaman did 142k. Even if you added our dead healer's HPS to mine, I wouldn't be at 235k.

235-240k is ranking territory and looking at logs at those numbers they all seem to be two-healed with the druid leading the second healer by a mile.
    over the average hps i do on this fight is around 220k, with a max of 235k-240k.

our 3rd healer is an off spec shaman we use for spirit link, he does like 85-95k hps, our other core healer is another resto druid that does around 145k.

it's not hard to do high hps on iron jugg, it's honestly easier to do high hps on that fight for me than any other fight, i sit at around 330k on malk, 250-260k on thok depending on where in the fight we're at.

i'm not expecting this guy to do as much as i'm doing, but 95k is VERY low, and it's because he has 17k spirit and 50% harmony uptime and no sotf.

he could easily go up another 50k hps with proper play and make the fight far easier for them.

i've also ranked on iron jugg 3 healing like 3 times now i think, but i quit running logs when i realized 95% of them were 30 second logs with bloodlust.
    Last edited by asil; 2014-02-15 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post

i've also ranked on iron jugg 3 healing like 3 times now i think, but i quit running logs when i realized 95% of them were 30 second logs with bloodlust.
    Healing rankings are pretty irrelevant. They are so easy to cheese but if you rank while 3 healing this fight then
    1) The other healers are underperforming
    2) People are standing in shit

It's nothing to be proud of overall.

We got Heroic Iron Juggernaut down tonight. Thank you for all the help.

10+ Year Old Account
    GZ buddy, now lets hope we can get him Sunday night.