Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Scroll of Resurrection Retires & Hello Pre-Order Warlords of Draenor maybe?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/128...res-11-02-2014

The time has come to bid adieu to the Scroll of Resurrection. It’s served its divine purpose, but like most scrolls, it only has so many charges before it loses its magic and crumbles into ethereal dust. For those who’d still like a chance to use the scroll, you have until February 18 before players are no longer able to send invitations. For those who have an invitation outstanding, that’s still good for 30 days from the time it was sent, after which point the invitation will expire and the benefits can no longer be claimed.

For additional information on the Scroll of Resurrection, please visit our FAQ.

Deleted
    It's the week of the pvp season ending as well / rumoured patch date?

Certainly seems like something is brewing for that week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the connection between the two.

Last PTR build update was the 6th, yeah? I could see the 18th being the day the pre-order offer launches for sure.

Glad I got my spectral mount from the SoR offer.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

....why would they retire the concept? I thought it served its purpose - to get the audience to bring customers back.

Something smells off - methinks they're about to implement something new that basically replaces the SoR system.

Quote Originally Posted by Edoran View Post
    If you sent an old player a Scroll, and they bought WoD, they'd get a free 80 (or was it 85?) plus a free 90.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ....why would they retire the concept? I thought it served its purpose - to get the audience to bring customers back.

Something smells off - methinks they're about to implement something new that basically replaces the SoR system.
    It's in the store on the PTR...
    WOW simply evolved to remove tedium that for some people celebrate as difficulty or work from the game so that people spent more time enjoying the game instead of seeing it as a job. -ZeroWashu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    If you sent an old player a Scroll, and they bought WoD, they'd get a free 80 (or was it 85?) plus a free 90.
    So? If they're truly considering buying 90s in the future (not just with WoD purchase) I doubt they'd care about that.

I agree with mvallas, they might be doing a new program altogether. Seems like a strange time for this announcement. With a lot of players likely returning for the pre-patch, it seems like it would be smart to keep SoR around.

Makes sense. The purpose of the SoR is essentially the same as the boost-to-90 that comes with a WoD purchase or pre-order- you can get a character that's only 10 levels below current content on your friend's server if and when you return to the game.

It doesn't mean the pre-orders will appear immediately on the 18th (don't forget that RaF was inactive for a while before it rolled over to the new system), but it certainly implies that they're impending within the next month.

Of course they're killing off the Resurrection Scroll. You can get a free 80 out of that.

How're they going to make $$$ off of selling 90s if you guys are getting free 80s? Psh.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

So? If they're truly considering buying 90s in the future (not just with WoD purchase) I doubt they'd care about that.

I agree with mvallas, they might be doing a new program altogether. Seems like a strange time for this announcement. With a lot of players likely returning for the pre-patch, it seems like it would be smart to keep SoR around.
    I imagine they don't want people getting two free high level characters per account, since they either want people to pre-purchase Warlords, or will want to encourage additional 90 purchases if that's what they decide to sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    18th is Tuesday . patch release date confirmed . hl3 confirmed. hope they give 1 month sub along with lvl90 boost for those who buy the game

Deleted
    SoR was used quite a lot by the chinese gold sellers - you can get a cheap 1m subscription bonus for as low as 5-10k gold. I believe that this is the main reason they are shutting it down.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Beta announcement Feb 18th. Beta starts 24th of Feb. WoD released 24th of June. Yep seems confirmed.

Scroll of Resurrection's purpose was to bring veteran players back to World of Warcraft with the option of granting one character to level 85.
    Warlords of Draenor's "purpose" is to bring veteran players back to World of Warcraft with the option of granting one character to level 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of a bummer, but i suppose it makes sense. Just glad i got the mount.

It desperately needed an update. If you still had friends eligible to invite they can't have subscribed since March 2012. I expect it coming back very soon to accommodate newly retired players.

Time to unsub!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    SoR was to bring back old players and allow them to 1) skip leveling and allow to play current content or play with friends at current content (or near current content) 2) create the character on realm where SoR was sent.

The level 90 boost does exactly the same.

No need for both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never used a scroll. Not surprising to see it go away with purchasable 90s and free 90 boost.

Also last chance to get that beautiful spectral Gryphon!