Small Group Instancing

Good Day. Just want to write down a potential structure for Small Group Instancing for the future of WoW.

Current MoP Structure:
    Name iLvl Loot Matchmaking Lockout #Players
    Random Scenario X chance of 1 per run Yes none 3
    Random HC Scenario Y; Y > X chance of 1 per run No none 3
    Random Dungeon X`; X` ~= X per boss Yes none 5
    Challenge Modes Transmog - No none 5

Assumed WoD Structure
    :
    Random HC Dungeon Z; Z > Y per boss Yes (?) none 5

Potential Structure
    :
    Random HC Dungeon Z; Z > Y per boss Yes (?) none 5
    Mythical Dungeon A > Z per boss No Daily 5

Does anyone see a discrepancy with the above?

With the WoD structure w/o Mythicals in, there is a given group of people that are left out of the loop - i.e. those that want hard runs and good rewards.

I think a daily lockout with no Matchmaking would be really good for this type of runs. I think a gear scaling system like Challenge Modes might also make sense (the challenge is never lost via gear then).

Personally, I believe that it would be more awesome if Mythical dungeons drop unique loot that can only be used in there. But there are drawbacks to this: bagspace ; time spent by devs to create / balance this loot / philosophical problems of people wanting their loot to work everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

To clarify the unique loot statement about Mythicals:

I think that rather than scaling, it would be awesome if anyone entering Mythicals starts with some standard gear (perhaps a vendor gives it out per class for some resource cost : quest+gold, gold only, some other currency). Any other gear (raids, questing, pvp, etc) are not usable inside. As a way of progression and reward, gear that drops in Mythicals would also only be usable in the Mythical instances allowing seasoned players to tackle further challenges / tiers within the Mythical dungeons, but would not be a needed requirement for Raiding.

The potential issues of such a thing would include, but not be limited to:
    • Bagspace
    • Extra time needed by the Devs to balance / create this unique loot
    • Philosophical problems of people wanting their loot to work everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could just make challenge modes about actually playing smart with CC and stuff like TBC Heroics or Cata Heroics before they got nerfed and not about rushing through an instance in the fastest way possible.

i agree while im not sure the "majority" of players would appreciate this kind of thing i know i and my friends would actually enjoy this kind of content. now im not sure id like them to drop specific gear that can only be used in them, perhaps a new kind of badge system with a vender that allows you to buy certain pieces of gear that drop from LFR like the tier sets for example. . .and exclude things like trinkets and weps so people would still run LFR. adding to that i think to make sure there is enough incentive to run them they could add some vanity items like pets and toys or even a tabard that only drop in this kind of dungeon, but id be fine with just the LFR teir set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    They could just make challenge modes about actually playing smart with CC and stuff like TBC Heroics or Cata Heroics before they got nerfed and not about rushing through an instance in the fastest way possible.
    The problem with that is they'd be removing another playstyle. Going through a difficult dungeon as fast as possible is challenging in its own right. Likewise Heroic Shattered Halls was difficult as well, but in a different way. Why can't we have both?

Personally, I think tying in the Mythical Dungeons too the current loot system would just exacerbate the loot progression problem.

By decoupling it, albeit at the cost of higher Blizzard manpower, it would solve the following potential issues:
    • Raiders don't feel obligated to do this content for reasons of progress (similar to the challenge mode Transmog solution)
    • The content can stay ear relevant for a longer period (raiding gear won't trivialize it)
    • It doesn't reduce the usefulness of other means of Raid gearing (LFR / Flex / Normals / crafting / etc.)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, another possibility is to have it work exactly like challenge mode gear scaling. Except, by fulfilling some set criteria within the Mythical dungeons (clearing an entire Tier of them, collecting a full set of gear from Mythicals*, collecting # of currency from within them, defeating # of bosses, etc.) the ceiling for the gear scaling can be increased. This would limit the need to create a separate set of gear.

* 5man set like during TBC / Vanilla (0.5) would be awesome, imo