Jeweled Onyx Panther for 25K?

Is it just me, or does this appear to be too cheap?

I've seen 2 people selling them, but others are selling for 50K plus. Was there a nerf in price? Or are people up to no good again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from duping, there could be other factors

- Demand is probably a bit lower (if not significantly lower) at this point in MoP
    - Since there's a gold cap when transferring realms, some players will make/buy these in an effort to bring some additional gold to their new realm. Usually they'll want to get rid of it quickly and are willing to lose a little bit of gold in the process. (This is actually something I did when I transferred, think I ended up selling it for 70k, wasn't much of a market for it and I just wanted to get rid of it)

With the above reasons, I can understand selling it for maybe a few thousand gold less than the mat prices, but going as far as a third of the mat prices seems a bit fishy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Except those people typically xfer with a guild circumventing that cap. These are dupes unless you see them on the AH or can get them COD'd to you.
    Thers still a 1,050,000 cap if you xfer with a guild. Though I agree that affects almost no one lol

On topic, def duped no one takes a 80% loss on an item to move it quicker. OR a miss post if its on the ah and they ment like 250k or somthing weird

Notice you almost NEVER see one on the AH, they are almost always being sold my level 1's who wont respond when you tell them you will buy it for 15k more than 25k if they list it on the AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    How would you dupe it?

Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    How would you dupe it?
    Bugs in the WoW software. Specific methods are (a) not going to last very long, and (b) get you banned, and (c) not permitted to discuss here.

Theoretically, while these likely would be dupes anyways, I believe you can get those orbs from Blingtron? Thus being able to sell them lower than their cost and make a profit.

99.99% of the time, they are duping.

I can see getting some orbs from blingtron but you would need 3 of them to make any profit at 25k. 10+ players selling them at 25k or lower daily is weird, lowest I have seen was 9k. There is no way the players selling them obtained them legitimately.
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2014-02-12 at 12:20 AM.

Only buy panthers from the AH. The ones sold in trade are duped and will not work, when you right-click they say "not enough charges".

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Only buy panthers from the AH. The ones sold in trade are duped and will not work, when you right-click they say "not enough charges".

I purchased a few from trade chat and never had a problem

For 25k? Definitely duped at that price, but maybe there's a dupe that produces working items?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Bugs in the WoW software. Specific methods are (a) not going to last very long, and (b) get you banned, and (c) not permitted to discuss here.
    Definitely ^THIS.

You don't want to know how, or be involved in anything to do with the dupes. Much safer that way.

#FlightIsImportant

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone unknowingly bought a duped Jeweled Onyx Panther for 25k gold would they get in trouble?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    If someone unknowingly bought a duped Jeweled Onyx Panther for 25k gold would they get in trouble?
    they just won't get the money back as soon as Blizz fixes the bug, bans the seller and remove the duped items

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    They'd likely lose their mount, and not be reimbursed.

Always buy from the ah that way you can plead ignorance and say you thought it was a sellers mistake and blizz might be kind to you

Never buy anything expensive from a guildless level 1

If it's 25k on the AH, snap it right up and enjoy your new mount, likely from a realm transfer transferring gold/wants a quick sale/whatever. I believe you are protected buying via the AH too, like say, someone hacked an account, and the account had a panther on it, the hacker puts it on AH, the buyer is none the wiser and not at any fault, but your innocence can be questioned more if its via a level 1.

Kinda like paying via paypal, and paying via cash, one is much safer and traceable, to a degree.

From trade chat?

Yeah...you know the if it's too good to be true saying?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinksworth View Post
    They'd likely lose their mount, and not be reimbursed.
    If via a successful AH transaction, the mount is unlikely to get taken away.