Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cloak Proc...why woukd I even change it

Just a foresight here on cloaks. Im not sure what Blizzard is planning regarding these but why would I swap anything at all over my legendary when it gives me a 20% reduction. Surely this will be superior to anything they can offer after the fact?

"The effect does not work on player above level 99."

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Which is pretty lame.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Which is pretty lame.
    Mmh, not really. I don't wanna have to do the legendary quest all over again on a lvl 100 char... that does not make sense at all.

Homophobia is so gay.

I don't wanna have to do the legendary quest all over again on a lvl 100 char.
    Nobody said you will have to do it. They are getting nerfed. Perhaps not in the way you said,but that is a fact. Perhaps the effects diminish over the course of 10 levels. But the nerfing is a fact, I saw it somewhere a while back, can't find a link atm, soz, but I can assure you, you won't need to have a cloak at 100.

Where doss it say this ... never seen it for the life of me

Quote Originally Posted by JestersShadow View Post
    Where doss it say this ... never seen it for the life of me
    Blizz said that the effects will diminsh when you level past level 90, to be pretty much useless at 100..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortaeron View Post
    Nobody said you will have to do it. They are getting nerfed. Perhaps not in the way you said,but that is a fact. Perhaps the effects diminish over the course of 10 levels. But the nerfing is a fact, I saw it somewhere a while back, can't find a link atm, soz, but I can assure you, you won't need to have a cloak at 100.
    I just hope they don't turn all loot for x equipment slot into "of the disenchant" like they did to cloaks-.-
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Mmh, not really. I don't wanna have to do the legendary quest all over again on a lvl 100 char... that does not make sense at all.
    Guess you weren't around TBC era... Oh the memories, some guildie of mine were actually using Thunderfury in Sunwell. I guess if blizzard would allow MoP legendaries to be fully used in WoD, kind of bring back some nostalgia.

And on the other hand, most of us gonna level up our mains, which we don't actually "have to go back and re-do them". Free legendary for an entire expansion, think about it

Blizzard said in gamingstation pod cast that the effects of the cloak would be gone by 93-94 and should defineatly be replaced by 95.

It was implemented to force people into removing the legendary in place of a higher cloak.

Is no one going to point out that the 20% reduction is from the meta and not the cloak?

anyways both will stop work/be bad by 100

Deleted
    Same reason you dont see Raiders running running round with Dragonswrath.
    it will get hit by the nerf bat.

Meta gems will be removed in WoD... Just putting that out there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Guess you weren't around TBC era... Oh the memories, some guildie of mine were actually using Thunderfury in Sunwell. I guess if blizzard would allow MoP legendaries to be fully used in WoD, kind of bring back some nostalgia.

And on the other hand, most of us gonna level up our mains, which we don't actually "have to go back and re-do them". Free legendary for an entire expansion, think about it
    People did that to be fancy, not because of the debuff..since it didn't work on bosses anyway if I recall correctly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post

Yeah that sounds really dumb and boring when you actually mold it over. You should try it.

People used Thunderfury more for nostalgia then real effectiveness if we are honest. It was a cool weapon, with arguably one of the coolest wow designs for all time .

EDIT: Not saying the cape has a bad design btw. But you know, its a cape...
    Last edited by mmoc161019c902; 2014-02-11 at 09:24 AM.

Deleted
    Would love to know how you can transmog a legendary, and no, the AoE threat TF produced was second to none and only really lost value as a weapon with Black Temple it wasn't just nostalgia, it's proc was that good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flawless101 View Post
    Would love to know how you can transmog a legendary, and no, the AoE threat TF produced was second to none and only really lost value as a weapon with Black Temple it wasn't just nostalgia, it's proc was that good.
    Its proc was good but it wasnt needed. If you had issues with aoe threat you where doing it wrong. The other stats it offered where bad, and it lost in single target dps + threat.

The only legendary they'll have to specifically change will be the tank cloak, because the death prevention effect would be equally useful at level 100 as it is at level 90, so it would have use where the effect could be used as a cooldown. The other cloaks/meta gems will just proc less often for characters above level 90 until they have basically (or perhaps literally) 0% chance at level 100, so those are easy.

The Tank cloaks will probably be changed to something like:
    "Equip: The Endurance of Niuzao fully absorbs the damage of one attack that would normally kill you. This effect has a 2 min cooldown. Does not function for non-Tank-specialized characters or characters over level 95".

there will be no meta gem socket in WoD and the cloak wont work on higher level i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    Its proc was good but it wasnt needed. If you had issues with aoe threat you where doing it wrong. The other stats it offered where bad, and it lost in single target dps + threat.
    Didn't it reduce the attack speed of enemies affected by the proc?