A 'pet' tank class wouldn't work, simply because you need to be able to move as a tank to not stand in/ let other people not stand in/ get the boss out of buffing stuff, line of sight and so on. For this to work you would either have to have the tinker pilot the golem, essentially making it a shapeshift or give the player direct control over the golem making the players tinker essentially the pet. Your ability bar would still be that of your Tinker but it would visually allow the tinker to stand back and cast stuff on his golem without loosing the mobility a tank needs.
(Servant's Pleasure : The master's wellbeing pleases the Golem. whenever Golemologist is healed 100%/80%/60%/40% of the healing will be redirected towards the golem depending on the master's health (if master has 20% health Golem will receive 20% of healing done to it's master and the remaining 80% will heal the Golemologist.). this is the main source of Golem’s healing, by targeting the Golemologist directly healers heal both the golemologist and their servants. The heal will be distributed among the two automatically.)
This is pretty much a bad idea unless the master and golem both share the same HP. If the golem is tanking at full HP and the master stands in fire and nearly offs himself or both are hit by a large raid wide aoe his pet, the one in active and constant danger is going to get very little healing until the master is back to full. Healers need to be able to burst heal on tanks, not have half of it disappear to some nitwit who cant watch his feet.
If the tank pet kept the usual 90% aoe reduction, you of course alter the scenario of raid wide aoe being as dramatic a problem, but it still poses an issue as healing will still be cut to the active tank of the pair for a time. On top of the system creating an issue for the player where they have to manage 2 HP bars that unlike a normal pet class, are both going to be flying up and down.
Last edited by Zymn; 2014-02-12 at 02:59 AM.
An ability to switch from tanking and healing on the fly would be way too good in PvE though. Tricky to solve!
For the Tinker class, I'd prefer us piloting Golems instead of controlling them.
For example, if we could pilot Blackfuse's golem into combat, that would be awesome.
If you look at the Sky Golem mount, they're actually not that large. If getting through doorways and such is a problem, just make them smaller.
Golemologist?... yeah poorly worded mouthful there.
Also a Tinker wouldnt build a Golem, thats the realm of Witch Doctors, Necromancers and the like.
A tinker who wanted to protect himself builds Steam Armor.
LFR Saved "Single Player PVE that had enough of dungeons" WoW.
There, I said it.