Deleted

DPS requirement for Siege Heroic (10).

Hello!

We're currently progressing on Siegecrafter HC 10 man.
    We are trying to figure out if our dps is enough for this fight. (I reckon it's enough but it may be a longer fight than we want it to be.)

We're doing the "kill mines on belt" tactic.
    On belt 2-3 where there's alooot of damage going out we decided to ignore boss and simply focus on survival to get trough it with all 10 guys alive.
    Do you think it will be a requirement for us to dps during that phase?

Here's some logs for anyone who knows how to read em!
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m0du770zfl44xcnm/

*edit* Our composition is the following -
    Pala tank
    Monk tank

Pala heal
    Druid heal

Hunter
    2x locks
    2x mage
    Druid moonkin

We have the hunter soloing the first belt, and then we got the hunter and moonkin going on all of the belts.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mmoc785098bf0a; 2014-02-11 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Forgot to add info!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanktas View Post
    Hello!

We're currently progressing on Siegecrafter HC 10 man.
    We are trying to figure out if our dps is enough for this fight. (I reckon it's enough but it may be a longer fight than we want it to be.)

We're doing the "kill mines on belt" tactic.
    On belt 2-3 where there's alooot of damage going out we decided to ignore boss and simply focus on survival to get trough it with all 10 guys alive.
    Do you think it will be a requirement for us to dps during that phase?

Here's some logs for anyone who knows how to read em!
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m0du770zfl44xcnm/

Thanks in advance.

Have your hunter spec into Spirit Bond and Glyph Disengage, send him up on every single belt.

Have your warrior to take 1st belt and your warlock or boomkin on 2nd.

Should fix alot of dps loss on boss

Deleted
    Forgot to mention that, hunter solos the 1st one. Then the hunter and boomkinn does the rest.

- I'll just add it in my main post, together with composition, forgot about that!

Unless you are falling significantly behind due to Missiles / Mines, there is no DPS requirement for the fight. It shouldn't even be an issue this late in the game with ilvls above 570. Plus, you probably killed Thok I'm assuming? So your DPS can't be too terrible. Siegecrafter is entirely about execution (for the non-belt team). Even if you have absolutely amazing DPS you're still going to die if people can't dodge saw blades or place lasers properly. Focus on that, not DPS, IMO.

For us, the 3rd belt is empowered lasers / normal mines and the damage going out is very low. The 4th belt is the empowered magnet / normal lasers - also, low damage going out if your team can dodge saw blades. People one heal this fight. Focus on execution of a solid strategy and you won't need to worry about healing or DPS requirements.

Deleted
    Yes you need to dps (still focus on survival though). Anyway that is by far the hardest part of the fight, so once you progress past that (50%) you'll be quite close to a kill. Have people cycle through their personal and raid cooldowns during that phase, as you'll only need them again for the ninth belt.

Deleted
    Yes this is what i thought. Just wanted to confirm with others that has experience. I figured since there's 12 belts before enrage hits, we should be fine provided that we can survive.

Thanks for the replies

We've killed siege twice now our last kill was 7 min (9 min enrage??) and our dps was between 200-280k. Your dps looks alright lock and monk tank a bit low, but monk tank dps should go up once he's doing the shredders.
    We use a different tactic killing most missiles on the belt and only on overcharged magnet+normal mines I just focus on the mines and dps drops a bit. With lock aoe/stuns and mage RoF you should be able to handle mines as well. But if you just keep up what you're doing the boss should fall over after 7-8 min.

We kill Siegecrafter in just over 4min now. The DPS requirement on this fight has never been tight. Getting enough damage on the weapons while leaving enough people on the platform to handle mechanics was always the problem. With nerfs and gear, they usually die before the second beam now, which allows for loads of additional boss uptime for belt DPS.