Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if the feature proves successful enough they will more than likely expand it in future expansions. Customization based on race will likely come one day if there is enough interest for it and they have nothing better to do with their development time.

The artwork is still nice, but definitely tired of seeing the human/orc style all over the place. Still a good job for what it is, just not appealing after being bombarded with it and being stuck in SW/Org for so long. Just want to get away from it. I feel worse for horde players though, the log forts with spikes are even less appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Look guys, another horde building has been revealed.

snip

Prepare your anuses, next time they will reveal concept art for suck-the-orc-dick stall.
    That looks a little too fancy to be a Horde building.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Although i have publicly had reservations about dev's devoting precious raid and dungeon creation time to this, I have to admit....they look really nice.
    I'm hoping I'll be shocked and happy at the outcome. Still not gonna hold my breath for it though.
    (read as I remember disapointment in path of the titans)

I laughed at the outhouse pic Verdugo, thanks haha
    omg, could you imagine if they had to remove Garrisons or "put them on hold" so they could release the expansion in a timely manner?! Wow, the tears would flow in amazing fashion!!

So glad they decided to throw the dungeon art team at this instead of you know...dungeons.

I'm so changing my main to alliance.

Btw kudos to them, I feared these would be slightly updated buildings, but it seems like after 10 years they for the first time bothered to make something highly detailed.

PS.: Garrisons are still not player housing, stop calling it that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    So everything in that video was a lie? Care to explain?
    I can't say if it was a lie or not, but it looked genuinely terrible to me. No variety at all in the look, just slight changes to the arrangement.

As player housing goes, Wildstar does not impress me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Impressive. They managed to one up MoPs level of detail, and i seriously thought wow had reached the peak of what was possible.

They did not do Garrisons instead of an additional raid tier. Doing all the different racial buildings, 13 races instead of two, would have meant more than six times as much artwork needed on Garrisons and that would have cost a raid tier. Less than 1/6th the work does not cost a raid tier, stop claiming that it does.

Deleted
    I'm getting nerdgasm. I love the art style. All the items etc in the buildings. Can't wait to get to work on my own Garrison!

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, the artwork and models look fantastic. Really amazing. However, from what they've shown so far, its only one theme sadly. The Alliance isn't just humans. While humans are great and all, we've seen plenty of them. I'm not asking for your garrison to be ENTIRELY race specific. Just actually faction specific. Have a few buildings of each of the races. Wouldn't even have taken more dev time. Make the town hall Dwarven, the lumber mill human, the mine gnomish, the defense towers NE, etc etc. That way everyone is happy because their race AND faction is present in your garrison. I really don't see why it has to be Alliance = human only. I'm sure horde players feel the same way about all the orc huts and tents and crap.

Details, details everywhere. And I thought MoP was rich on details. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by toon181 View Post
    I couldn't give less of a fuck about this feature.
    You sir took the words right out of my mouth. Gameplay>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Art. I've been playing WoW for 8+ years (something like that) not because I enjoy its crappy graphics but because of the immersive and fluid gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud2038 View Post
    First off, the artwork and models look fantastic. Really amazing. However, from what they've shown so far, its only one theme sadly. The Alliance isn't just humans. While humans are great and all, we've seen plenty of them. I'm not asking for your garrison to be ENTIRELY race specific. Just actually faction specific. Have a few buildings of each of the races. Wouldn't even have taken more dev time. Make the town hall Dwarven, the lumber mill human, the mine gnomish, the defense towers NE, etc etc. That way everyone is happy because their race AND faction is present in your garrison. I really don't see why it has to be Alliance = human only. I'm sure horde players feel the same way about all the orc huts and tents and crap.
    imo - that would look ridiculous. Uniformity is key, especially in military garrisons. They aren't going for style. IF they ever make them more racially based, i would expect you choose the race or it's based on your current race and all the buildings fit. I couldn't see them mixing it up like you have suggested.

At this point, they are going for simplicity to get it implemented and working right. I think we can all safely assume that they will at a later date add cosmetic changes to the Garrison feature, but for now they just want them working and fully functional. Someone previously posted a form of "transmog" for your Garrison, which i think would be a good way to personalize them later if Blizzard decided that was worth doing. However, again, you have to understand this is a MILITARY garrison, not a personal keep for you and the rest of the players to decorate.

Think of it this way, it's your own personal "Honor Hold"/"Thrallmar" you are in charge of and is still under the construction umbrella of Stormwind/Orgrimmar depending on your main faction. Kinda looks to me like Blizzard is trying to give us and our characters a more "Hero" feel by putting us in charge of a military outpost and making decisions for said outpost, they give us a blueprint, we put it together.

2004 called and they want their art back.

Ok, maybe there are 10x the number of polys in those objects now, and you have to maintain a consistent art style that matches the design of the game, but sheesh, the same flag, the same color blue, the same color red. You guys all just sit around drinking and then spend an hour or so a day cutting and pasting art assets that were developed a decade ago right? "Here, we should have a wall around the garrison, I'll just grab, oh, Menethil Harbor say and make a few... hey it looks good as it is! Now lets see, how about a cool library full of books! Oh, here's one in Scarlet Monastery (copy, paste). Looks good!"

How about doing something that feels, ya know, new?

PF.

i like it, it looks pretty nice

Love everything, pretty much. The detail is exquisite, and the whole concept of the design is simply amazing.

Can't wait for the next Artcraft! These guys really love their work, and it shows!

God damn that art looks sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    2004 called and they want their art back.
    If I'd seen this art in 2004 my jaw would've fallen right off my face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Well, let's hope it lives up to Blizzards hype. Because as we saw in the current expansion, they were most excited about challenge modes and it didn't turn out to be very popular at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    well looks great and all but I completely lost interest in garrisons when they said they wouldn't make race themed buildings. My blood elf for example doesn't fit in with spiky orc buildings, sorry.
    that was exactly my concern
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.