Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Very disappointed. As a lot of people pointed out here a lot of recycling has been done. Walls, library, books

This is a major feature and a high selling incentive for the expansion? meh

Quote Originally Posted by djprada View Post
    Very disappointed. As a lot of people pointed out here a lot of recycling has been done. Walls, library, books
    Sarcasm? If not that's probably a bad example, but also if not another example would be the tent from icc tournaments. The mage tower. It's just very underwhelming for an already underwhelming feature, that is the sole feature of Warlords. And by that statement I'm intentionally not including character models as they are not part of the expansion but timed with the release of the expansion and obtainable with or without purchase of the expansion.

Garrisons, zones, level cap raised, and a few minor questing changes with expected max level end game content added on are really all it's got. If Garrisons don't seem any better functionally than this, I'm afraid we're going to have another scenario/challenge mode/farm situation on our hands. Pet battles even, but I think there is still an odd demand for those amongst a select few for some reason. I'm not sure how you can tolerate the boring interface and additional grind of pet battles and leveling, but to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    All those recources that could've been used to do mythic dungeons.
    [2] Agree with you there. I love dungeons, I miss the hard ones.

Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    But this isn't something your race is building. This is a Military Garrison that you are overseeing for your factions military, your MAIN faction, not the one based on your race.
    Actually, its your own garrison... except it isn't... except is it... Blizz is being very dubious about how they promote this. Its kinda shady. its gonna turn out to be another 'farm' like it was in MoP... just some plant art and some click functions... that it. Rather dumbed-down gameplay.

There we go, paying the price of a full game, and getting some bad housing that will get improved during the expansion, become "ok" by the end of it, and obsolete once the expansion ends.

Sigh =S

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by heerobya View Post
    Feel like I'm going to wish my toons were Alliance for garrison... then be upset my toons are Alliance because, you know... Alliance.

Really kind of sad we won't get more race specific architecture, but definitely understand why.
    And you can make one alliance with the boost to 90!

It sounds like there will be npcs in our crafting buildings. Are we only getting our two crafting profession buildings or will there be buildings for all the professions? And if there are buildings for all the professions will we, for example, be able to get the npc to disenchant soulbound stuff we can only sell now? Will our JC npc be able to make gems for us? And what will the garrison mean to the AH? Are they perhaps planning to remove the ingame AH since they have put in their store? Will our garrison replace us having to go to towns at all? Or will there not be a town in Draenor, but only our garrison?

Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    It sounds like there will be npcs in our crafting buildings. Are we only getting our two crafting profession buildings or will there be buildings for all the professions? And if there are buildings for all the professions will we, for example, be able to get the npc to disenchant soulbound stuff we can only sell now? Will our JC npc be able to make gems for us? And what will the garrison mean to the AH? Are they perhaps planning to remove the ingame AH since they have put in their store? Will our garrison replace us having to go to towns at all? Or will there not be a town in Draenor, but only our garrison?
    I believe they said earlier you can have multiple profession buildings, and have even said you'll thusly be able to have limited access to professions your character doesn't even have.

They haven't given any details of what you can do with "other" profession buildings.

I hope you're right that I can get a "dissenchanting" station. Though I'm worried they might limit it to X-number-of-times-a-day/week, or "Can only dissenchant green items" or some such nonsense.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

seems too static, would be nice if you could build it to your preferences, as seen in everquest next landmark.

guess people didn't watch blizzcon panel,
    Garrison will bring new gameplay element in the game, something like a browser strategy games...
    what point of mythic dungeon when there are challenges modes, that have same prupose...you have nothing to cry for?

Reminds me a lot of Warcraft 2 and 3 buildings, will be quite nice to see them in our own Garrisons!

what a fail with this garrisons and races.... need more dungeons and raids!

Mechagnome
    under.....whelmed...... was really looking forward to this, but no that i see its same buildings and decor as what everyone else will have, most likely.. its a bit meh.

Who really gets excited for this? who are they doing this for? Much rather they use the time/money on something more people care about.

I think you can pretty accurately describe WoD already as a missed opportunity. ah what we could have had.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    ah yes.. wildstar, the game that doesn´t have a release date and is still under complete NDA. Obviously that game is much much better because it is all in your imagination.

I remember when people were saying the combat system in AOC would kill WOW.. or Warhammer, or Star Wars.. blah blah ... people are silly to get excited about a game that isn´t going to be released for at least 6 months and has a complete NDA in place so that nobody can even talk about anything in the game. The reason it is ´perfect´ is because it is all ideas and things in your head... just like AOC, Warhammer, SW and all the other failed games were great... right up until they launched.

Don't think he said WildStar was going to kill WoW, only that the "Housing" feature in WildStar is a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Who really gets excited for this? who are they doing this for? Much rather they use the time/money on something more people care about.
    I am super excited about this.

I would much rather they gave me different stuff to do than more 5 mans or more raids.

It so funny so many people complain about WoW being stale and then so many (other) people complain when they do something a little outside the box.

Yet another classic case of they can never please everyone I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    I am super excited about this.

I would much rather they gave me different stuff to do than more 5 mans or more raids.

It so funny so many people complain about WoW being stale and then so many (other) people complain when they do something a little outside the box.

Yet another classic case of they can never please everyone I guess!
    The problem with WoW is that even when they try to do something outside the box, they do it in a clunky way. I might love the concept they are working with for Garrisons, but maybe when they translate to the actual game it feels really bad, simply because those 9 years that the game has can't manage certaing things in a proper way or because they do it simply wrong (a different problem, but they need to be more in touch with us, the players).

First of all, I think it is kinda impressive what Blizz is able to pull out of this old Engine. This Stuff looks really nice.
    Also, Housing is something People wanted, and instead of just a House they give the Players a complete Outpost in which they can customize what they want to build. That´s nice.
    They are updating the PC Models, wich was wanted for a long Time now, and I think that is awesome.

The Story of WoD seems weird to me. It feels like they are trying to make this Thing a big Pile of Fanservice, and that could be nice, but flopped mostly with MoP, so lets hope it works out better this Time.
    I have to admit, I dropped out of the Game with the Beginning of Cata, played till 85, tested the first Raid, and that was it. I came back with MoP, leveld to 90 and dropped out pretty bored.
    I WILL come back with WoD, and it seems like I could stay for a While this Time.
    Why? Well...

There are some Reasons for that.
    The Numbers Squish. The "Button" Squish. The Return to Outland, seeing some of my all Time Favorite Characters again, like Grom, maybe (just maybe) Brox, and the Outlands themselves in a new Way. I think this X Pac is for People like me. Old Day Warcraft and Vanilla/BC Veterans, People that love the Lore and the Warcraft Universe and some of the Characters and Places in it. People that want to get lost in the World, and not just run for the Endgame to repeat Bits of Content until they get bored of it.
    I am looking forward to this "What If..." Storyline, and I think some others are thinking just like me. I am not an Elitist Tryhard that needs to have the highest Gear, also, I don´t think I am that skilled of a Player. My Time is limited, I have a Job and whatnot, so I can only sink so much of my Spare Time into a Game, and I want that Time to be filled with Quality Content. I got that from WoW, until the Colloseum Patch in Wrath, that was the Point in Time for me where the Game started to go the Way of the Dodo. Weeks and Weeks of Progress Raiding in Ulduar, and then this Patch happened. It killed the Game for me, my Motivation to raid. I came back for the LK and had a good Time raiding there though. For Cata I had high Hopes, really. And seeing Azeroth in new Way was great, until I dinged 85. Same with MoP, nothing new, only a new Coat of Paint over the old washed out Car.
    Maybe this Time we are in for a positive Surprise.
    Don´t be so negative about everything.