Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This always makes me chuckle. "Oh, you can't complain about complainers!"

Who's crying? Would would cry over a game? I have plenty of negatives to say about WoW, but plenty of positives too. Then again, do you know what a positive is? Can't say I've ever seen you use one.

You do make me laugh though, thank you!
    You're crying over negative feedback on a discussion forum and I've seen you do it in almost every news thread that has people disliking something. Like someone is saying your child is ugly and you get all defensive and bring out words like "cry" and "whine" when that is hypocritically what you are doing. (And now so am I by doing it back to you, it never ends) It's a discussion thread, some people will like stuff, some won't. Deal with it.

I did give a positive. I linked a Wildstar housing vid because I like it. Sure, it's a positive about another game but this is called MMO champion not WoW champion.

Looks awesome to me. Really looking forward to this!

To all those people out there that do not like: This isn't costing a raid tier. You misread. It would cost a raid gear if they were to make this feature look different for every race.
    Let's say there's 20 buildings. Each has three versions for the upgrades. And a Horde and Alliance variant. That means 120 buildings for Blizzard to make.

Now that takes a lot of time and effort. Now imagine having do to this for every race. That's 120 x 13 = 1560 buildings. I say, let them just make these 120 ones great.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I think it's a great feature and it looks brilliant, but honestly - I would rather wait longer if it meant getting race specific garrisons - It can't be that hard, can it?!

Use completely recycled buildings for all I care and update them later, but give us something! I HATE humans and Orcs in WoW, their cities are so dull and the races are so generic and boring. Please let me have actual interesting architecture, i seriously don't care if EVERYTHING is re-used.
    You hate Humans and orcs?, please tell me why you are playing warcraft lol. This game is basically Orcs vs Humans, and always will be./

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    well looks great and all but I completely lost interest in garrisons when they said they wouldn't make race themed buildings. My blood elf for example doesn't fit in with spiky orc buildings, sorry.
    It might help to look at this as a baby step. I'd love the idea of race themed buildings too (I too have a bevy of non-spiky belfs ), but ... maybe next expansion? You have to admit that the garrison design is waaaaay beyond what we have now with our farms in Halfhill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    Pretty art but wildstar wins the feature award
    absolutely fair to compare a game in development with the engine that is build with housing in mind (let alone the flexibility they have by not being yet fully released) with one of 10 years ago for which the engine was thought to last probably no longer than 5 years, and for which introducing a feature like this is probably 10 times the amount of work just in coding cause you have to work within the existing boundaries (aka introducing it without destroying the rest)

The housing in Wildstar will probably be amazing. Props to them, I'd say, and I will be totally trying the game cause it looks interesting
    However, if we can stop with the silly comparisons and instead judge things on their own merits, that would be great
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2014-02-11 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Cause you know, Stormwind totally didn't get one in catalysm -.-

Show other races some love. Ironforge needs an updates way more than SW. Have you seen some textures there?
    I'm talking textures, not the hole that used to be the Park.

Deleted
    I'm dissapointed with how Horde buildings looks like.
    Alliance has elegant stone building and a paved ground.
    The Horde has shitty wood buildings with bones and mud as a ground.

Damn I know Garrosh is no longer warchief but just give us metallic and spiked structures or something that doesn't look primitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    It's dark iron :P
    I figure it had to be something like that. (Because using Saronite would have been an obviously bad idea.) I'm talking in terms of time periods. This architecture takes place after all the "we need to invest in this saronite stuff" of Wrath.

Great, pretty buildings I won't get to use since I'm stuck playing horde.

Garrisons are a major feature of WoD. All they have to show at this point is some concept art and vague details about how it will all work.

Same thing with the new character models. One or two have animations and the rest seem to be at the stage of concept art.

Blizzard has always worked slowly. And now they have a lot more games they are working on than ever before. I think players are delusional if they believe WoD will release anytime before the Holiday season of this year. And I wouldn't be surprised to see it push off into 2015.

Amazing! So what if the orc peons didn't listen to my design plans when i told them how to make my barracks, the fact that i HAVE barracks of my own is astounding, considering not 5 years ago Blizzard said they would never waste the resources on player housing....now i get my own town!

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Show other races some love. Ironforge needs an updates way more than SW. Have you seen some textures there?
    Just about everything on the Alliance side needs a texture update, yes. Undercity doesn't look bad, because it's already gritty, though it does heavily clash with Brill, now. Don't even mention the BC race areas, because those will NEVER see the business end up an update to bring them up to speed with the rest of the game. D=

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    All those recources that could've been used to do mythic dungeons.
    May I ask....? Have you heard about different opinions, also called "Subjectivity".

I really love garrisons.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol @ people QQing about the horde buildings when all what we've got was 1 building out of many... And it's not finalized...

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    The housing in Wildstar will probably be amazing. Props to them, I'd say, and I will be totally trying the game cause it looks interesting
    However, if we can stop with the silly comparisons and instead judge things on their own merits, that would be great
    I don't like the art style of Wildstar. WoW is "cartoony" realism...Wildstar literally looks like a Saturday morning cartoon a 5 year old would enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by RaenavenBlacksun View Post
    I'm talking textures, not the hole that used to be the Park.
    all of stormwind got new textures in cataclysm

and not just teh roads, most things from walls to buildings to even the lion statues

Pure alliance shit.

Where's the horde love? U_U

Quote Originally Posted by Sinryu View Post
    Amazing! So what if the orc peons didn't listen to my design plans when i told them how to make my barracks, the fact that i HAVE barracks of my own is astounding, considering not 5 years ago Blizzard said they would never waste the resources on player housing....now i get my own town!
    This. All about this.

after a three year hiatus from the game, this feature really does interest me in returning

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaenavenBlacksun View Post
    Which is unfortunate. I really like the gritty direction they're going with the art. To me, it looks BETTER than the cartoony crap that hasn't fit in with the rest of the world since BC.
    problem using recycled stuff is that it looks old and outdated. this is all new art