Voters
102. This poll is closed
  • All the time!

77 75.49%
  • Never!

8 7.84%
  • Depends on my need/mood.

14 13.73%
  • My option is not here so I will complain below and explain.

0 0%
  • Other (explain below without complaint)

5 4.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I used to be 3:

DBM - Most raiding guilds require you to install it.
    Recount - For my own personal use
    RogueBars - Made my life a lot easier keeping track of certain timers.

When I came back I added a 4th:

Spell Flash - I used it to get back up to speed quicker. I hardly pay attention to it but it's still handy every now and then.

Now, if they could ever get Peggle back I will add that sucker in a heartbeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    AtlasLoot(For when I'm lazy leave me alone)
    Chronicle(For my Writing Needs ingame and out of game so it's a cool addon)
    DBM(Gives me all the info I need for raid awareness, sometimes I out of habit don't listen to it because the encounters are like muscles to me now)
    GatherMate2(For node gatherings)
    GryphonHeartItems( Roleplaying/Lore usage)
    Mogit(So I can see all the transmog sets I want and my favorite weapons)
    MyRolePlay(RP Addon so yeah NEEDS TO BE UPDATED ALL THE TIME)
    NeedToKnow(Helps track my Inquisition otherwise not so much)
    Recount( Know the deeps but I forget it's there sometimes)
    SavedInstances(So I know if I'm saved to what and forgetting)

All these addons are needed for me. Addons aren't bad.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
    ...I don't know... can you repeat the question?
    Nope.

(10)

10+ Year Old Account
    I use the RealUI Compilation, with PowerAuras, DBM, and RaidSpellAnnouncer included. I'd pretty much refuse to play without it.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    Addons are for the weak.
    -Usually said by the weak

Majority of addons are mostly QoL. Could i keep track of my bomb? Sure, will my eyes be darting around, unable to focus on the action? Probably, especially on a 27" running 1440p. The only addon that "affects" the game are raid addons, which even then, doesn't really seem to help most people's performance.
    Last edited by Monstercloud; 2014-02-11 at 09:45 PM.

Deleted
    The only ones I like for convenience are atlasloot and mogit. I have a DR tracker but I find myself counting things like trinkets and DRs in my head. DBM is eh, it increases me output with things like spirit shell but I wouldn't care if it never existed.

Deleted
    I couldn't play without Xperl. Really the only one I absolutely want. Any dps/healing/threat meter spices up dungeons and raids for me, but I can survive without such a thing.

Deleted
    I've always used addons since vanilla. Addons I can't play without:
    - Some kind of unit frames, currently using ShadowedUI
    - Boss timers: DBM
    - Bartender

Optional addons:
    - Damage meters: Skada
    - Something to track ores/herbs: Gathermate2 + Gathermate2_data
    - Auctionator
    - Postal

10+ Year Old Account
    I only use 2 addons and that's DBM and Castbars which just changes the look of the castbars and shows an area on the bar where I can begin casting again. I don't even really need that one I just like the way it makes my castbars look. I have no need for any other addons other than those so I don't bother. I'm only on WoW for no more than like 4 or 5 hours, sometimes less, so there's really no need for me to even bother with any other addons.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Elvui, because I like the setup of it.
    Weak Auras, it's good for monitoring buffs and debuffs.
    Skaada, I prefer it to recount because it doesn't use as much memory.
    GTFO, I find a REALLY annoying sound always makes me learn to GTFO.
    DBM, well it's DMB what else can I say.
    Grid and Clique, I like the fairly small and efficient set up you can get.

Deleted
    As a healer in a 25m hardcore guild, my only mandatory addon is Grid because the basic raid frames just lack of options.

I dont want to spend much time on addons, so I use default interface with few script fixes plus some addons depending on situation.

Mostly just healbot titan panel and xperl/bartender but couldn't play without me lol

Deleted
    The only addon I really needed (as any raider) would be DBM. Not for most fights, but some boss encounters work with certain random events and it's close to impossible to time them correctly without an addon. Lich King defile jumps to mind...good luck doing that boss without DBM when progressing on current content. :P

addons that lets you customize stuff is great
    addons like dbm are shit, because blizzard balances encounters around having them

10+ Year Old Account
    Addons are a reason to play WoW imo. Cant stand MMO without addons

Only addons I really use are quality of life addons
    Atlas loot to view loot tables (fuck dungeon journal)
    Recount just to view damage
    Postal so I don't have to click so damned much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    addons that lets you customize stuff is great
    addons like dbm are shit, because blizzard balances encounters around having them
    They balance very few encounters around having them, but I'd say atleast 1 each raid tier. So you would have to get it one way or another.

Deleted
    I don't use it for the moment but I might start using Gladius back, it gives a hudge advantage on 3v3 Arena (And 5v5 aswell I guess). It permits you to have one automatic focus for each opponent that persist through stealth.

I don't use it but some other AddOns such as InterruptBar also gives huge advantages.

Most PvE players are dependable of addons, because using them they can get away with they poor knowledge of the game and situation awareness, so they can focus on encounter mechanics and their buttons instead. PvP players tend to start off with increasing the knowledge of other classes and the game in general + situational awareness. That makes them considerely less dependent on addon, but every player can make a use of addon to improve this results.