Some questions about demo banner

I'm a healer and I had some things I wanted to understand about this move (especially in this tier) and I have 0 knowledge of warriors other that they can shield wall without shields throw flags 120 feet in front of them and make you freeze while they run at you with magic

since bosses have abilities that do damage over time, I wanted to know if these abilities constantly checked for the debuff

for instance, a warrior using demo banner on dark shamans when dots go out would permanently make that round of dots 10% weaker?
    and would he use it when the meteor lands or before the meteor is summoned
    for protectors could it make a garrotte 10% weaker

also for boss channels:
    for instance does garrosh whirl check when he starts doing the 2second prep cast, when he starts the channel, or constantly?
    same thing for jin'rokh's storms and other such abilities

I wanted to know when I should call for it as most other defensive abilities don't apply to the boss I find the way it works kind of odd.

A lot of these don't really matter can be easily healed through regardless, but I'm curious how it works and wanted to know how boss abilities snapshot.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) demobanner needs something to debuff. Won´t affect dots on you since Dots are no entity being debuffed.
    - no effect on dots
    - not sure if meteor is a clickable entity, if not, no effect
    - works only on initial damage of garrotte since its an direct attack from the debuffed enemy. won´t work on the tics
    2) Damage reduction works on the fly. If he throws it midwhirl, the second half of the whirl will deal reduced damage.
    - works on the fly as long as the damage source can be targeted

Use Rallying Cry for everything else, if you need to call for a cd.. It´s more versatile, since it buffs the group instead of debuffing the enemy. Also, don´t forget that warriors got a almost-pain surpression with the new vigilance. Useful for targets of Hee´s desperate measures, soaking bombs at juggernaut and alike.
    Last edited by Valech; 2014-02-11 at 07:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Doesn't demo banner work exactly like disc barrier? It buffs the player that is within 30 yards of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyra View Post
    Doesn't demo banner work exactly like disc barrier? It buffs the player that is within 30 yards of it?
    It's a "debuff" on enemies like Disc Bubble is a buff on allies if that's what you mean. It doesn't ever target a player. It does it's mitigation through weakening an enemy.

It's a banner version of Demo shout.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    It's a banner version of Demo shout.
    Not exactly. One is raid cd the other is personal only. Demo shout only affects yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    1) demobanner needs something to debuff. Won´t affect dots on you since Dots are no entity being debuffed.
    - no effect on dots
    - not sure if meteor is a clickable entity, if not, no effect
    - works only on initial damage of garrotte since its an direct attack from the debuffed enemy. won´t work on the tics
    2) Damage reduction works on the fly. If he throws it midwhirl, the second half of the whirl will deal reduced damage.
    - works on the fly as long as the damage source can be targeted

Use Rallying Cry for everything else, if you need to call for a cd.. It´s more versatile, since it buffs the group instead of debuffing the enemy. Also, don´t forget that warriors got a almost-pain surpression with the new vigilance. Useful for targets of Hee´s desperate measures, soaking bombs at juggernaut and alike.
    Pretty much this. It can have a weird interaction with certain boss abilities, the only way to be sure is to check logs for the damage source. Any damage listed as "environment" or applied by anything other than the debuffed target will not be reduced. Lei Shen was a good example. Likewise any time a boss goes immune while dealing damage, and can't be effected by debuffs, the banner is useless.

Lastly, there is also a range associated to the banner. It only effects targets within 30 yards, which is decent, but for moving/far off targets, it can use some usefulness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Not exactly. One is raid cd the other is personal only. Demo shout only affects yourself.
    They work similarly. Demo Banner puts a debuff that reduces damage dealt period. Demo Shout puts a debuff that reduces damage dealt only to the Warrior that used it. It works much more like a buff on the Warrior would.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post

Lastly, there is also a range associated to the banner. It only effects targets within 30 yards, which is decent, but for moving/far off targets, it can use some usefulness.
    This is especially worth knowing at juggernaut´s, if you are going to use the knockback tactic. Since the warrior won´t be in range of the juggernaut he can only reduce the damage of the first shockwave. The banner won´t have any effect if he places it mid-group while being far away from the boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    They work similarly. Demo Banner puts a debuff that reduces damage dealt period. Demo Shout puts a debuff that reduces damage dealt only to the Warrior that used it. It works much more like a buff on the Warrior would.
    Just a small correction, Demo Shout applies both a debuff and a buff when you cast it. The debuff reduces the damage the target deals to anyone effected by the buff, so if Warrior tank A uses Demo Shout on one pack of mobs, and Warrior tank B uses it on another pack, then both of them will benefit from the debuff on either of the packs.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Just a small correction, Demo Shout applies both a debuff and a buff when you cast it. The debuff reduces the damage the target deals to anyone effected by the buff, so if Warrior tank A uses Demo Shout on one pack of mobs, and Warrior tank B uses it on another pack, then both of them will benefit from the debuff on either of the packs.
    You are correct sir.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    You are sure about that ?
    Would mean the game internally does not differ between the source of buff on warrie A and the source of the buff on Warrie B. Which i could understand because it simplyfies things.

If thats the case nice find. Thanks for sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moxie21 View Post
    You are sure about that ?
    Would mean the game internally does not differ between the source of buff on warrie A and the source of the buff on Warrie B. Which i could understand because it simplyfies things.

If thats the case nice find. Thanks for sharing it.
    He is right, I overlooked it but after he pointed out I remember seeing it before. All the game does is look at the debuff and look for the buff. Adding a check to look for the source of the (de)buff would be needless extra, since it's a pretty situational ability.