Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    BTW, to whomever was talking about the DK

Death strike/Blood shield doesn't scale with vengeance :|

Just sayin'

Zen med for first 8sec, then fortify brew and dampen harm for last 12sec. When your dampen harm charges is gone after 3 melee, guard yourself for 1.5million shield. You won't even need any heals from healers.

Quote Originally Posted by archkiller View Post
    Zen med for first 8sec, then fortify brew and dampen harm for last 12sec. When your dampen harm charges is gone after 3 melee, guard yourself for 1.5million shield. You won't even need any heals from healers.

Pretty much this-- I solo tank as a BrM as well. It does help I run with the AOE trinket and the CD reduction trinket to solo both p2's, while my bear tank runs around like crazy. I don't even need heals the entire duration. It was doable before I had these trinkets, but they def make it easier.

Only Tips I can think of is to make sure you pull boss(you don't want the stacks while solo'ing), make sure heals get u a green shield just before p2 starts, and try to have a 5 chi entering that phase. As he's done sucking all the miasma in, taunt him away from raid, pop zen before first hit and chill. U shouldnt even have a red stagger until the 6th hit goes thru. It does suck if you are slow to zen and you get a red stagger while zenning, but just eat it. Should be able to keep yourself alive with minimal healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    BTW, to whomever was talking about the DK

Death strike/Blood shield doesn't scale with vengeance :|

Just sayin'
    I thought it scaled with vengeance through the fact Death Strike and it's shield is based on weapon damage, which is increased through AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Flawless101 View Post
    I thought it scaled with vengeance through the fact Death Strike and it's shield is based on weapon damage, which is increased through AP.
    No, it only scales with damage taken and modifies that with your mastery level. It does correlate that big hits = big blood shields but not due to any link with vengeance levels.

On topic: either of your tanks should be able to solo tank it and unless your DK is an engineer I would suggest that he tanks it while you run around popping orbs. Unless your dps is really weak you really should not be taking a second bloodrage phase, so dump all your cooldowns into it. Also bear in mind, that while it is not ideal you can use other players with strong defensives as a sort of ghetto-cooldown for the tank. For example you have a rogue who can feint to help out a bit, and don't forget that having a disc priest means you can use both pain suppression and the aoe bubble since unless people screw up, you will not need it for the raid.

If you do decide to use the DK, this is the cooldown order I use; save a 12 stack bone shield and open with it along with priest bubble and warriors' vigilance. Icebound when the bubble falls. When vigilance falls, call pain suppression and use vampiric blood along with rune weapon for more death strikes, when those are gone, empowered rune weapon for more death strikes. Have a ghoul ready to sacrifice if you go low. I survive it quite easily so I don't use Rook's trinket or AOTD, (I pop that afterwards for more dps) but if you're having problems, use them early on in place of the vigilance.

our monk solo tanks this without any external cds on 10m, it seems really easy.. no reason to not do it.

Deleted
    As a monk tank there's no reason why you shouldn't be solo soaking bloodrage, zen med -> fort brew + dampen harm -> guard and you're done, just make sure you go into the phase with some chi for purifying and at least 20secs of shuffle and hell we're so good at it you might not even see your health move.

Deleted
    You can't necessarily rely on only having to soak one Blood Rage phase. For a guild that is just now working on Malkorok, it's perfectly possible that you'll need to survive two. It's not good if you have a great attempt and wipe just because your tank popped everything for the first blood rage. Not that you'll necessarily die anyway, but you should be prepared for a 2nd bloodrage just in case.

Zen Meditation should be used before the first hit. That way you'll be in green stagger for nearly the entire duration of Zen Meditation, taking basically no damage for the duration.
    Last edited by mmoc7960b93d6c; 2014-02-15 at 01:59 PM.

2 tank it, just solo soak the blood rage with the brewmaster. ur brewmaster will probly be first in dmg done too.

Deleted
    There's absolutely no reason to not solo tank P2 ... it's harder to 2 tank it. We do it with a druid, and he just facerolls it. I'm not sure he's ever died to it, even in progression. Easiest part of the fight by far.

Use fort brew and dampen harm before a first hit, continue it with protectors trinket = almost none damage taken.

As a monk?
    Rook trinket + Dampen + Zen Med + Fort Brew and any externals. By far the class that has the easiest time soaking it solo. There is very low risk of you dying as long as the cooldowns don't get botched.

Even as a warrior, I opted to solo soak it over splitting it with our paladin (he was not comfortable doing it the first kill) and it was fine. I never died to solo soaking in any of our almost 80 wipes. Cloak is a good failsafe, and you should be using all externals. Two-tanking it complicates everything by forcing healers to split their healing and cds, which is frankly not worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, with the Malkorok trinket, most cds should be up for second blood rage as well so the same tank can go again (not sure if all monk cds will be up, I know that as warrior I can soak both, as can our pally tank). If all else fails on the second blood rage, you can get a hunter/spriest/paladin/druid with symbi on hunter/mage/etc. to come stand with you to soak the last few hits through an immunity.

As a monk its cake to solo tank in 10 man. Rook's trinket helps, but what I usually do is pop Fort Brew + Rook's trinket at the start, and as that runs out, Dampen Harm to eat the last few. Throw in a well timed guard and maybe a healer cooldown if needed and you wont even need Zen Med. I prefer not to use Zen Med if I can avoid it, because thats then another 8 seconds you can spend dpsing while you're stacking up crazy vengeance. Every little bit helps!

Also means if everything goes south, and someone dies and you're struggling to meet the dps requirements and hit a second Blood Rage, you've got some cooldowns up to get through it and save the day. Sure, ideally, that will never happen, but it doesn't hurt to have it up your sleeve just in case.

Oh and I should add, I'm crit build too, so its not like you need to go all out with any sort of EH/Mastery build. I was stressing out before I tanked it for the first time, wondering if I'd be able to survive, worrying about lining all the cooldowns up, but its actually much easier than you'd expect.
    Last edited by Zyranthian; 2014-02-19 at 01:51 AM.