Garrison wish list

I know implementation of some things for garrisons would be impractical or time consuming. But assuming we could get a say in what goes into our garrison what would you like to see?

1 . My other characters wandering around. Maybe they are playing hearthstone. Maybe they are at profession areas that they themselves can do ( my alt Druid jc is actually cutting jewels). It would be cool if I could see those chars as npcs.

2. A display hall. Podiums where you can put armor sets or weapons that you love on display. It could be like the etherals holographic stuff. Just a place to show off cool gears and mounts.

I think a system where the banners on your Garrison buildings are different based on your race (you can change it if you want), using the assets of the Argent Tournament (maybe slightly updated) would be great. Maybe even allow there to be a way to get banners of certain factions, like items that turn all the banners on your buildings into Ebon Blade or Argent Crusade banners.

Example

Alliance:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=45018
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=45019
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=45021
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=45020

Horde:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=45013
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=45016
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=45015
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=45017

And then the same for Worgen, Pandaren and Goblins. Goblins and Pandaren have a lot of banner assets already, only Worgen lack them. The Pandaren could have different banners (either in color: Tushui and Huojin) or shape (ragged and regal) or even both. I think that's a good idea, imo.

And

I hope they go beyond just trophies too. Sort of like how they expanded on non-combat pets when they made battle pets, by also using older content, instead of just Pandaren content (like pets dropping from older raids), they could add different kids of items from older and WoD content that they could show in the Garrisons. An example would be something like one of those Pandaren beds, or perhaps a Worgen rug or those pillories/stocks, or.. like one of those Goblin beach chairs, a goblin pin-up calendar to hang on the walls, maybe even those Goblin swimming pools and golf terrains.

I mean.. those assets are rotting/wasting away in the files anyway, may as well get some cool uses out of it. I know I would kill for a Goblin swimming pool in my Garrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    2. A display hall. Podiums where you can put armor sets or weapons that you love on display. It could be like the etherals holographic stuff. Just a place to show off cool gears and mounts.
    We're sort of getting that. For the mounts and pets at least, also for certain achievements and boss trophies.

I'd love to have my alts inside my garrison, with their professions available to my main when I visit.
    I would also appreciate AH, but it is impossible Blizzard would serve such an option.

1) Race-based architecture and structures.

2) GOTO 1
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I have a few things I'd like to see done with Garrisons eventually.

1. Since new buildings cost a raid tier, why not translate this new interest in props into race-based props? Put a Draenei in the Blacksmith slot, get draenei props in your Blacksmith. Your enchanter is a Pandaren? Pandaren props in the Enchanting hut.

2. Keep the followers beyond WoD. Even if Garrisons get upgraded, let our followers follow us to whatever continent is next.

3. Make Garrisons feel alive. Un-assigned followers? Have them wander the Garrison. And for the love of god don't leave the working followers standing around as merchants. Have them doing their job!

4. Building. Variety. Not all buildings need an associated profession, some can be (gasp) cosmetic.

5. Don't force us to build in the zone closest to the raids. Zeppelins, flight paths, even portals. Give us a way to make a Garrison in Nagrand viable if our raid is in Gorgrond.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make Gul'dan and Grom come and attack the garrison every so often

Have interesting lore events and/or cutscenes occur at our garrison. (Varian arrives to survey the garrison's progress)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well, I have a few things I'd like to see done with Garrisons eventually.

1. Since new buildings cost a raid tier, why not translate this new interest in props into race-based props? Put a Draenei in the Blacksmith slot, get draenei props in your Blacksmith. Your enchanter is a Pandaren? Pandaren props in the Enchanting hut.

2. Keep the followers beyond WoD. Even if Garrisons get upgraded, let our followers follow us to whatever continent is next.

3. Make Garrisons feel alive. Un-assigned followers? Have them wander the Garrison. And for the love of god don't leave the working followers standing around as merchants. Have them doing their job!

4. Building. Variety. Not all buildings need an associated profession, some can be (gasp) cosmetic.

5. Don't force us to build in the zone closest to the raids. Zeppelins, flight paths, even portals. Give us a way to make a Garrison in Nagrand viable if our raid is in Gorgrond.
    Those are all excellent Ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    Make Gul'dan and Grom come and attack the garrison every so often

Have interesting lore events and/or cutscenes occur at our garrison. (Varian arrives to survey the garrison's progress)
    That would be awesome as long as it doesn't force me to sink loads of gold in repairments (like BIG loeads)

Deleted
    Class buildings

I would love to have a necropolis all over my garrison

Racial buildings is my biggest wish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde buildings that aren't orc-themed, plz.

I'm very tired of spikes and death-stables. They're definitely not the first things that pop into my head when I think of the Horde.

Draenei architecture.

That's probably unlikely though. I'd at the very least like the "draenei" JC building to actually be a draenei building instead of a human building with purple crystals.

Also, I really want to be able to change out the human banners and colors for draenei ones.

Oh, and if I have to slum it in the human dump I better get a follower that will clean the chamber pot for me.
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2014-02-12 at 09:22 AM.

Deleted
    Racial themed architecture for the next expansion. Followers to actually have a personality - So my inkeeper is different to my friend's inkeeper, stuff like that. Also for followers to do their job and not just stand around selling stuff. A Zeppelin Tower for the Horde and an airstrip for the Alliance would be pretty cool, though probably best saved for when we're not stuck on another planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalcrab View Post
    Horde buildings that aren't orc-themed, plz.

I'm very tired of spikes and death-stables. They're definitely not the first things that pop into my head when I think of the Horde.
    When I think of horde I see filthy savages in huts. Pretty spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I would also appreciate AH, but it is impossible Blizzard would serve such an option.
    Would make it easier for AH bots to go on unnoticed.

- - - Updated - - -

¤ Let us create our own followers(looks and names).
    ¤ Race specific buildings.
    ¤ When we reach exalted with a faction a representative quartermaster from that faction will sell their items at our Garrison.
    ¤ Garrison achievements that will unlock portals to older expansion capitals aswell as all race capitals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    ¤ When we reach exalted with a faction a representative quartermaster from that faction will sell their items at our Garrison.
    ¤ Garrison achievements that will unlock portals to older expansion capitals aswell as all race capitals.
    These get my vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Racial themed architecture for the next expansion. Followers to actually have a personality - So my inkeeper is different to my friend's inkeeper, stuff like that. Also for followers to do their job and not just stand around selling stuff. A Zeppelin Tower for the Horde and an airstrip for the Alliance would be pretty cool, though probably best saved for when we're not stuck on another planet.
    We think quite alike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ploppable buildings anywhere we want, not just on specific "building hubs".

Racial-themed buildings

Seeing your alts in your garrison

Ploppable decorations like fountains, plants, banners.

I expect none of this.

BONUS EDIT: I also want NPCs and so-called "mercenaries" to have names, personalities and conversation points. If I get "Orc Shaman Mercenary" following me instead of "Dumblud Fistseer" I'll be upset.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2014-02-12 at 06:52 PM.

Id like:
    Zepplin Towers (at least 1 level 100, skill capped engineer),
    Portals (player has at least 1 level 100 mage),
    Auction house, and Bank ( player has over 1mil combined gold on their characters)
    Alts to be present in my Garrison if they are level 100, and offer their Services if they are profession capped.
    Garrison Themes, aka. Orc, Forsaken, Troll, Tauren, Blood Elf, Goblin, Pandaren. ... appropriate building graphics for each theme. (player alt with appropriate race)
    If player has a Miner, Offer A Mine with ore. If player has an Herbalist, offer fields with herbs. (Limited Resources with upkeep price)
    Your Mounts appear at stables, a Couple random pets hang out around the Garrison, possible random interactions depending on pets/mounts you own.
    Garrison Invasions! ... Mini game, your followers and party members help defend your base.

Garrisons have so many possibilites. I really hope these become a ongoing feature of future expansions/patches
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Transmoggable followers

Have your alts be random NPCs walking around your garrisons.

Mounts in stables.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    If player has a Miner, Offer A Mine with ore. If player has an Herbalist, offer fields with herbs. (Limited Resources with upkeep price)
    Your Mounts appear at stables, a Couple random pets hang out around the Garrison, possible random interactions depending on pets/mounts you own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post

Mounts in stables.
    Already been confirmed. In the case of the mine, it's supposedly going to be a default building you get along with your Town Hall.