Deleted

Rogue/DK/Mistweaver comp?

So, my friends and I finally decided on comp for the coming patch. We're going with rogue/frost DK/mistweaver. The idea is the rogue and DK nuke one of the enemy members, hoping they go after the mistweaver, who's able to tank 2 dps.

Do you think this will be viable? Any tips for us?

I don't think it will be that viable. Most smart teams won't go for the healer without peeling for their healer. Its more complicated than that. I have a feeling hunter teams will destroy ur comp. You should give it a try though definitly would like it to succeed!

It might be viable, but you will suffer massively from havng your rogue/DK being kited into oblivion, especially since there's no freedom. Nonetheless, your general strat should consist of training the healer.

Again, as stated above, hunters will you give a hard time, but you will cringe as the sight of a mage.

Nobody with half a brain would ever attack the mistweaver, they're the hardest healer to kill and DK's/Rogues aren't exactly tanky.

That being said, it depends what your goal is. If you just want to dick around with your friends at like 1600 then any comp would work, just play whatever classes you like, triple DPS would even be fine. If you want to push rating and try to get Glad or something, then you need to find a different comp because if I had to guess I'd say Rogue/DK/MW would get stuck somewhere around 1800.

But I mean, if you guys just want to play for fun and don't care about rating play whatever you want. Generally though, if your strategy involves "Hoping they attack X" then you're gonna have a hard time, because most teams aren't stupid enough to attack the target you want them to attack.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would say trade the rogue out for a range. Maybe a mage or warlock for ccs. Not saying that is it not playable but you may hit a point where you can not advance anymore.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    So, my friends and I finally decided on comp for the coming patch. We're going with rogue/frost DK/mistweaver. The idea is the rogue and DK nuke one of the enemy members, hoping they go after the mistweaver, who's able to tank 2 dps.

Do you think this will be viable? Any tips for us?
    lol, is this seriously? No one would go after the mistweaver but train the squishy frost dk. What you can do with this setup is using brains, put the frost dk always in blood presence + death's advance and see how they go after him, the mw only has to heal him while dk kites and the rogue can act freely to do whatever he wants to do.

But to be honest it would make much more sense with an unholy dk, who still will be the main tunnel target, but at least, he can do some dmg while in blood presence.

I think it might be even hard to cap with such a setup if the dk stays frost.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    my favorite comps are duel melee cleaves. smoke bomb cleave, vanguard cleave, tsg. but sadly are pretty easily countered 1500+

ive personally healed smokebomb cleave to 2k but thats the best ive ever done.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.