Deleted

Garrosh 10N - Help wanted.

Hello, a couple months back some friends and I decided to all come back to WoW and make our own guild this time around. This guild is now progressing on normal garrosh, and it's the first time we've actually needed more then a couple hours to kill a boss. To root out problems as fast as we can I'd love it if people with more knowledge of most classes then me would take a look at our logs (it's only half a night sadly and we had some problems with our warlock dc'ing and he couldnt get back online because battle.net was down - so he's not on all attempts).

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-72bkjzchi6qo7hrh/

Don't mind the phase 1 wipes - we've gotten that down and those were just silly mistakes that wiped us, I don't think that should happen much more. The thing I'd love some input on is how we are doing in phase 2, especially after whirlwind gets empowered. We've wiped on 2nd or 3th empowered whirlwind nearly every good attempt. Keep in mind so far we've spent around 4 hours total on this boss so it's not like we're desperate for help yet, just looking for advice to root out problems we might otherwise encounter later on with heroic bosses.

Thanks for reading and hopefully helping us out!

Just going to give some general class tips based on attempt 10. I'm not going to go the whole bla bla 2 heal it route.

H Pala
    - In 10 minutes he used divine favour and GoAK once. He needs to use CD's a LOT more. He also needs to drop divine purpose and take holy avenger. It's a God lie cooldown
    - Hes talented EF but hes casting LoD all the time. It's bad practice and needs to stop.
    - His holy shock (use it on cooldown!!!!) is terribly low. Its roughly 1/3 of what it could be
    - No devo aura used?

Disc
    - Archangel usage is a bit meh.
    - Don't use glyph of power word:shield or reflective shield.
    - Zero spirit shells used. Use them for iron star impact, shield people before a whirling corruption and so on.
    - He should use holy fire on CD. 10 sec CD and he got 14 off in 10 min. Should be closer to 100.

Mages
    - Both can improve their incanters ward uptime. omgbbqpls needs to improve it (less than 50%)

Don't know enough about the other classes to comment but make sure you get less dps on adds and more on the boss, esp the monk tank http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...5213&target=10

The EWC's come down to using cooldowns smartly and not standing in the purple swirly crap that spawns adds when it lands (they hurt). Use devo for one, spirit shell for every seconds one, get the shammy to do whatever they do and so on.

Gl.

Deleted
    Hey,
    I see you are running 2 tank 3 heals 5 dps. I would drop a healer and get 1 more dps in. Your simply dont wanna get all those emp swirlies in p2, so basically your DPS is too low atm.

This is your current comp: http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

Lacking melee haste and spell haste. First make the resto sham go ele. Getting 5% spellhaste, getting a hybrid (elehsam with strong healer CDs) should somewhat compensate for loosing a healer.

Tell one the mages to play a BM hunter. It will provide awesome burst in phase 3. And bring a pet that gives 10% attack speed. An enhance shammy should work as well. As would a rogue.

Otherwise its just about watching enough videos and guides on the subject. This should cover most:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbCKI2Ad_6A

Good Luck.
    Last edited by mmocf433f86948; 2014-02-12 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukola View Post
    We've wiped on 2nd or 3th empowered whirlwind nearly every good attempt.
    Cut a heal.
    Win.

It should take you some tries to relearn the beginning of p2 (but it's totally worth it, imo):
    - you need a good raid cooldown rotation for the three Whirlwind;
    - in transition, you need to be sure that everyone (or close enough) gets the damage reduction buff.

The fight is also 3-healable so you may choose to keep going with your strat, but going with 2 heals allow you to skip the third Empowered Whirlwind (and therefore the third transition) and even the second if your dps is good enough. That also helps with Empowered MC (they get done faster) and should allow you to kill the boss before the second Empowered MC.

So yeah, going 3-healers actually add A LOT of things to handle. We started progress on this boss with 3-heal, and reaching this point we decided to go for 2-healers. We started to wipe again on p2 and transition phase so it took some time to reach the second Empowered Whirlwind again, but then the end of the fight is really easy. Bloodlust, pewpewpew, boss dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azylo View Post
    Lacking melee haste and spell haste. First make the resto sham go ele. Getting 5% spellhaste, getting a hybrid (elehsam with strong healer CDs) should somewhat compensate for loosing a healer.

Tell one the mages to play a BM hunter. It will provide awesome burst in phase 3. And bring a pet that gives 10% attack speed. An enhance shammy should work as well. As would a rogue.
    If they're reaching Garrosh now, they're probably a casual/friend guild who can't allow to switch their comp as they'd like.
    In NM, you usually bring the player, not the class.
    Last edited by Senen; 2014-02-12 at 01:33 PM.

Deleted
    Senen,
    As they just started out(you probably missed that part), and since garrosh normal is probably not the final milestone for them... I think it's still the better choice to make 1 of the mages reroll now rather than later. 10man in soo doesnt really allow for any kind of stacking - unless its hunters or warlocks

Lacking a raid buff as vital as 10% melee AS or 5% spell is gonna be a tough coookie later on. Probably the equivalent of a couple resets of gear.

To avoid switching classes, they could have the Paladin and Monk heal. Priest to Shadow for +5% spell haste and Shaman to Enhance for 10% melee haste. That'd be a lot of role/gear swapping though, but at least you'd keep your Cloaks.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can see none of your healers are above 100k HPS which means they are fighting for things to heal. Switch 1 to DPS.

Priest would probably be better. They can still provide Vampiric Embrace as a healing cooldown during 1 whirlwind. Plus if you give the Shadow Priest Symbiosis you get a Tranquility. Don't be afraid to double up the 3 min cooldowns on the first non empowered whirlwinds to save mana.

Raid cooldowns. Rallying Cry not being used by Jedi. Hunter not using Deterrence during empowered whirlwinds. Could glyph camo and pop that also. There's lots of ways to mitigate damage so you can easily drop a healer which isn't being done.

People standing in purple puddles during whirlwinds as well. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10&s=18&e=631

Switch to warcraftlogs.com. It's faster and much easier to read.

You guys are insane if you think a passive buff is gonna net them a kill on normal garrosh. Sure, it'll be harder to do some of the bosses without them, but you're being insane suggesting re-rolling. Its mechanics>everything else. Your dps might be a bit low or you might be missing buffs but that isn't going to make or break any of the immediate heroics, and definitely no normals. First fight I can think of that a buff can make/break a fight is Thok and having spell haste or not, and they nerfed that fight anyway.
    Regardless, as stated, 2 heal it, people need to keep themselves alive though, can't just faceroll dps - do mechanics right, use personals appropriately, and you'll kill it. Its not like the other 13 bosses when you can stand there and DPS and it does, there's a little bit of coordination involved, but definitely doesn't call for re-rolls.

You need to two heal it, your resto shaman is doing nothing the whole fight but still leading the hps it's quite funny looking at his logs. he rarely casts a single target heal because there is simply no need to ever cast one. Your dps as a whole is quite low, people should be pulling more at this gear level.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    . Plus if you give the Shadow Priest Symbiosis you get a Tranquility.
    SP symbi tranq is about as powerful as fart in a hurricane.

as others have said 2 healing is really the way to go, you think it will be too much but as a healer in an average guild of mostly friends i can tell you its really not much more stressful due to suiting the fight much better.

with 2 heals you shouldnt get empowered whirlys till phase 3, and with a normal group its fine to kill 1 round of adds in phase 3 whirling and then off tank pick them up on the second. Save timewarp till phase 3 as due to having an extra DPS its usually quite a bit short of 10 mins so cant use it twice.

Your monks damage is insanely low. He needs to look over a couple things for his class.

He shouldn't take Rushing Jade Wind as there is no purpose for it beyond P1 adds. Might as well take Xuen to help single target damage push.

His Tiger Power uptime is insanely low. It should be around 95% at least. Even during whirlwinds monks are able to stand on garrosh and keep dpsing. Diffuse the first whirl and Fort Brew+Karma the second.

He also needs to look over his stat priorities. There is absolutely no reason to have pure haste yellow gems in. We want agility on every piece we can get it. This means in reds we want Agil, yellows we want Agil/Crit or Agil/Haste, and blue we want Agil/Hit.

He needs to work on his rotation a bit more and his dps can improve significantly.

If he wants to tips, feel free to message me on here and I can help with w/e
    Last edited by Nanonite98; 2014-02-13 at 02:07 AM.

Deleted
    Hi guys!

I`m also having problems with Garrosh 10 Normal.

I don't know why we can't Kill Garry while other 13 bosses we killed one or two shot. Now Garry is our nightmare.
    Can you help me whats wrong with our team?

Here are logs from 11 wipes where i was Parry specced Blood DK http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bzoin3h09nlxx3so/
    And here with Mastery Gear http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9uj5u420hr67j8u0/

Deleted
    I think you should really not make someone reroll just not to stack 2 mages ( which are always!! stackable ) . we killed siegecrafter, thok and klaxxi with 3 melees and garrosh hc with 2 hunters, having fewer pulls than the average guild. So its really not a good idea to make someone reroll just to have a slightly better setup..

Quote Originally Posted by wredzik View Post
    Hi guys!

I`m also having problems with Garrosh 10 Normal.

I don't know why we can't Kill Garry while other 13 bosses we killed one or two shot. Now Garry is our nightmare.
    Can you help me whats wrong with our team?

Here are logs from 11 wipes where i was Parry specced Blood DK http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bzoin3h09nlxx3so/
    And here with Mastery Gear http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9uj5u420hr67j8u0/
    You've only had like 3 wipes that were long enough to matter (8 min plus) It all comes down to how you handle the empowered whirling corruption / MC's and the killing of adds. Theres literally a thousand posts that go over it on the boards, just search for them.