Corsair M95 mouse (Need some help)

I think I made a thread a few days ago asking for people to recommend me a new mouse. My old mouse was a Razer Nagga and it broke on me in 5 months. So I went with a different brand because many people suggested the M95. At last I have a problem with it and need some expert help if possible.

The mouse isn't accurate at slow speeds. What I mean is if I need to click on a very small icon on my screen, it's very hard to accurately aim at it. When I'm moving the mouse quickly, it's fine. It's just when I'm moving the mouse slowly that it's hard to click on things. Any idea what could be causing this? Could it be my mouse pad? Or some settings I don't know about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you either have a bad mouse mat, (try cleaning it) or you are in-advertently moving the mouse when clicking.

I can't say I've ever tried using a mouse at "slow speed" beyond setting up a precision macro for sniping in games. But even then I tended not to use it because I couldn't get on very well with having to move the mouse halfway across the

How are you slowing the speed down to achieve precision "targeting"? Are you adjusting the mouse DPI or are you using the microsoft speed settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Sounds like you either have a bad mouse mat, (try cleaning it) or you are in-advertently moving the mouse when clicking.

I can't say I've ever tried using a mouse at "slow speed" beyond setting up a precision macro for sniping in games. But even then I tended not to use it because I couldn't get on very well with having to move the mouse halfway across the

How are you slowing the speed down to achieve precision "targeting"? Are you adjusting the mouse DPI or are you using the microsoft speed settings?
    What I mean by slow speeds is when I slowly move the mouse. I have the DPI set at 2000 through the software for the mouse from Corsair. It's like the mouse ever so slightly skips across my screen or lags when I attempt to accurately click on small icons. It's hard to explain.

Can you repeat this behavior on different surfaces ?

Check the sensor any dust or dirt.
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedOne View Post
    Can you repeat this behavior on different surfaces ?

Check the sensor any dust or dirt.
    I tried it on the my desk without the mouse pad and it was much better. I wonder if cloth mouse pads are not good with Corsair mice. I currently have a small razer cloth mouse pad that I bought with my Razer mouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the behaviour is different based on the surface. (I seem to remember suggesting you clean your mouse mat before this in your original thread when you asked for recommendations actually) I'd still go and suggest again that you clean your mouse mat or just replace it.

By far the best mouse mat I have ever used is: SteelSeries QcK Heavy Gaming Surface and is the one I am currently using with my own Corsair M95.

To clean it, I just take it in the shower and use "regular" shower gel and wipe it down with my hands, then leave it to dry flat on the airer.

Remember that the better the quality mouse you have the better quality mouse mat you require. Higher DPI also means that you need to use a smoother surface to avoid any unwanted "jumps"
    Last edited by Djinni; 2014-02-12 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Since the behaviour is different based on the surface. (I seem to remember suggesting you clean your mouse mat before this in your original thread when you asked for recommendations actually) I'd still go and suggest again that you clean your mouse mat or just replace it.

By far the best mouse mat I have ever used is: SteelSeries QcK Heavy Gaming Surface and is the one I am currently using with my own Corsair M95.

To clean it, I just take it in the shower and use "regular" shower gel and wipe it down with my hands, then leave it to dry flat on the airer.

Remember that the better the quality mouse you have the better quality mouse mat you require. Higher DPI also means that you need to use a smoother surface to avoid any unwanted "jumps"
    I clean my mouse and mouse pad every night when I shut down the computer. Can't say the same about my keyboard though, LOL!.. Then again I have a basic windows keyboard, nothing special. Maybe the mouse pad I have isn't that good. I have a Kabuto one from Razer. I'm going to check my local best buy to see if they have the mouse pad you suggested. If not I shall order one on the internet.

Shot in the dark, but Corsair mice require that you disable USB selective suspend. You'll find it in your Power Options under advanced settings > USB settings > USB Selective Suspend.

Disabling it solved my issue of my Corsair M60 moving terrible at slow speed upon boot, as well as some random movement lag.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceG87 View Post
    Shot in the dark, but Corsair mice require that you disable USB selective suspend. You'll find it in your Power Options under advanced settings > USB settings > USB Selective Suspend.

Disabling it solved my issue of my Corsair M60 moving terrible at slow speed upon boot, as well as some random movement lag.
    Ah Thanks for that, I was starting to wonder what that was... (Why it would sometimes be really slow like it had dropped 2 speed settings after boot up. - in truth I have only restarted my PC maybe 5 times since I bought the mouse so not become a real problem for me yet)
    Maybe with any luck it might also solve the issue with the microsoft keyboard keys lagging.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I clean my mouse and mouse pad every night when I shut down the computer. Can't say the same about my keyboard though, LOL!..
    Every day is a little excessive....

Take note of the dimensions, they catch a lot of people out. This is a very large mouse mat (or pad).
    But I love the stuff, I keep thinking about covering my desk with them. But I wouldn't be able to stick it down and the leather needs to breathe (or so i'm told)

Still yet, I found I had some minor tracking issues when using my M60 on some cloth style surfaces such as my Steelseries QcK+.

Though that is no longer an issue as I absolutely love my Sensei and 9HD pad combo. :P
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

Deleted
    I have the exact same issue as the OP with a M65 on a QcK

I'd like to know if the selective usb option did anything for the OP.
    Last edited by mmoc948eb691ab; 2014-02-13 at 09:48 AM.