View Poll Results: Wich one you do prefer the most?

Voters
22. This poll is closed
  • I like box games

16 72.73%
  • I like free games

2 9.09%
  • I dont play games any more

2 9.09%
  • Something else or no comment

2 9.09%
    10+ Year Old Account

Post Box games vs free to play games

Wich one you prefer?

Box game (GAMES WICH YOU NEED TO PURCHASE):
    *from a box purchased on shells

*download for money (with no box)

*mobile games (telephone)

*console games (download or box)
    http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/...351253-000.jpg
    *gameboy and generations games
    http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...l_%28NA%29.jpg
    *handheld games (china junk)

*stuff i forgot

Free to play games (GAMES WICH ARE TOTALY FREE TO DOWNLOAD AND PLAY):
    *flash games
    http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__..._Fantasy_3.png
    *downloadeable free to play games (like lol)
    http://static1.businessinsider.com/i...ong-others.jpg
    *free games that run out of sale time (c&c gold for example)

*facebook games

*stuff i forgot

Anyway in other words, box games you pay. FTPG you dont pay a cent (however there is always a option to buy stuff from them).

Let the war (voting) begins).
    Last edited by Yunru; 2014-02-12 at 04:46 PM.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh it's not black and white for me.

I enjoy the game, not the payment method behind it.

If a game is good, and it has a reasonable price for its experience, I don't mind if it's F2P, B2P, P2P or whatever.

There's bad and overpriced games for every payment method
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Kinda weird options here. The OP and poll are like totally different premises. Even so far as to lump hardware specific games together in the context of payment model.

Like, what makes a Pokemon game for the Nintendo DS less of a buy to play game than Last of Us? How is that even contextual to "box games vs. free to play games" with the current poll options? Or the differing of a "Facebook game" and "flash game".

This is like not a sensible set of questions. Really should have framed and worded the premise better. This is literal nonsense.

Addressing the perceived premise of the thread title: Payment model is a irrelevant concern to the art. So long as the video game is well designed and executed the method of payment used should have no bearing on qualitative or quantitative critique.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-02-12 at 02:25 PM.

Deleted
    I prefer boxed games. Though I mostly buy console games sooo boxed ftw. Though on PC everything is digital \o/ Got a digital zelda version on my Wii U when I got a bundle which sucks as I'll have to buy the boxed version later.

Btw I noticed your question is pretty fucked up.

Poll = if you like boxed games (paid I take it) & if you like free to play games. Then in the thread you write if ppl like boxed over digital so Im not sure what answer you are after.

So the poll doesnt have anything to do with your question in the thread.
    Last edited by mmocbc4c51efd3; 2014-02-12 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Box games. Generally less money grabbing attempts going on while actually inside the game even if there been incidents with that as well involving EA and Dead Space 3.

Deleted
    Ugh... I don't want to sound harsh but this thread is a big freaking mess. I don't even know what to answer to what. The poll makes no sense or connection to the thread itself.

If it catches my eye, I will play it, don't care if it costs me or not.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    If possible/convenient, I always buy boxed games. However, the same game can have a price difference of £15 here in Norway if you buy boxed as opposed to digital download, so most of my games are digital.

But I still prefer to have an actual, physical product that no computer virus/server hiccup can take away from me. And a collection will always look better than a list :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Ugh... I don't want to sound harsh but this thread is a big freaking mess. I don't even know what to answer to what. The poll makes no sense or connection to the thread itself.
    yeah im not entirely sure whats going on here myself....if i even remotely understand the question; if a game is good i care little of the payment model but I have yet to play a ftp game thats really grabbed my attention for more then a day or two.

if your asking if i prefer a hard copy or a digital download? depends entirely on the game really though the only boxes i really care about are CE

10+ Year Old Account
    Horrible poll. Horrible OP. Why you would lump certain things like digital into "boxed" is beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Horrible poll. Horrible OP. Why you would lump certain things like digital into "boxed" is beyond me.
    There isnt any good word in english for it. If i said payeable games vs free to play it would be a totaly diferent topic. Deal with it.
    But if i asked a question do you prefer to play a game free or not it would be totaly diferent again (due to some games being free to play with payment, while others being with sub), so i went with this option:
    *Pay for game to play
    *Dont pay for game stil play

Unles you guys want another 90 page treads of whining that free to play game is superior to sub game and backwards.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Wth boxes have to f2p games? I dont get this poll and topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I much prefer models where the basic shell of the game is playable at any point, and you decide if you want to invest further for the "full" game. I'm tired of paying $30-60 for stuff I don't end up enjoying very much and forget about within a month.

That said, I don't mind paying for obviously-high-quality 'box' games like FarCry 3, etc.

Closing this thread. You are free to remake the thread when your initial post corresponds to the poll. Right now it's just seems like random items thrown into a bowl resulting into a huge mess. If you are going to create a poll please try to be a bit more constructive and either string out your polling answers or reduce your categories.