Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Disc] 25 heroic: is low Spirit build viable?

Hello,

As title suggests, I'd like to know if the low (7.5-9k) Spirit build is effective in 25 man heroic; we're switching from 10 to 25 soon and I'd like to know if I should go for more Spirit.

Thanks!

Yes definitely, Even more so if you run with multiple shamans or other priests that like to hymn

Absolutely! We made the switch from 10 to 25 about 2 months ago. We currently run 4 priests (2 shadow, 2 disc) and 1-2 resto shamans. I personally run 6329 spirit with my non-4pc gear set, then probably closer to 7k with the 4pc. If you have the mana regen trinket from blackfuse, it almost makes it negligible.

Awesome Thanks for the information, I'll try it out! If you have any other general advice, I've never healed on 25..

It's probably much stronger in 25m. I run with 6.6k-7k spirit (dat itemization) at the moment in 10m, which sees significantly more PoH, Spirit Shell and PWS use, and even on Thok I come out of the first transition at 50-75% mana (double amp trinkets). 25m is really just attonement + DS/Halo on CD for the majority of the time. I think atonement can be sustained with only 3-4k spirit, so as long as you don't do a lot of superfluous healing you're good.

On progression fights you ought to run with slightly more as a cushion, but it's not necessary.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-02-13 at 05:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I run 13k spirit and usually reforge out of spirit when I can.

That's rather high but it comes with gear.

11k and you are golden. Will be able to pump big numbers and still have the ability to say fuck it to rapture.
    <Midnight Sanctuary> US#66 14/14HM
    PRE POT WITH PROTEIN SHAKES

Deleted
    Im running 7/8k mana (8k when i have spirit flask for intensive fights). In 25man when so many people are stacked the whole time the low mana cost of Divine star makes it easy to use on CD without it chunking your mana too much. Halo will give you a bit more problems but with a standard 25man comp which usually has somewhere inbetween 4-8 mana cds for you to call for you will be fine with a low spirit build.

Im pretty sure you will be ok with 7k might be risky at first but all in all its been done enough and seems viable.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm running with less spirit since going 25 than I had in 10, I have about 7.3k with blackfuse trinket and hardly have any issues whatsoever. Also @Shadohw, why would you gimp yourself by using a spirit flask? You're better off simply reforging for more spirit than by using a flask for it.

We don't really have a MTT but we do have a fair amount of hymns. To be honest, the first time I've felt I wanted more spirit is heroic paragons. And even then, I'm probably going to stay at my current spirit levels anyways, because I do not want to sacrifice any mastery for spirit.

I also do not run any regen trinkets, I run double amp. So roughly 8k with 2 amp trinkets is pretty low.

Deleted
    I think it would be worthwhile stating which trinkets are being used with the amount of spirit you are finding comfortable. For example, Naer using 8657 spirit with double amp is considerably different from someone using 8657 spirit with Samophlange.

As a rule, you should be able to get away with lower spirit builds in a 25 man situation more often than in a 10 man environment.

I run around 5.5k spirit in 25man and am absolutely fine for mana. But we always have at least one restoration shaman, sometimes two or three and I run single amp and samophlange.

Deleted
    I switch flasks out depending on the fight and the healers i get per week. Since the guild i raid on my priest with has to pug a few people each week since they raid 1 day a week sometimes i need more/less spirit per fight and a flask is easy enough to change. Its not optimal but it works well to cover mistakes of others as well as theirs/my inexperience.

I run amp+samophlange and I currently have ~8600 spirit. I too would from more to around the 7500 range if I could. I don't see how people are claiming to run ~6500 with double amp...I just really don't see how you could sustain on a fight like Malk or Thok HC especially if you got unlucky on meta procs.

Thanks everyone for the input. I've tried going at 8k Spirit for the whole week, and it has been awesome. I used Siegecrafter trinket. Then, last night I used double amp to see how it went, and mana was never an issue on heroic Garrosh. So I'm definitely going to play around with it to see how low can I go on Spirit. Btw, does white damage from melee still proc the Immerseus trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by Klive View Post
    Thanks everyone for the input. I've tried going at 8k Spirit for the whole week, and it has been awesome. I used Siegecrafter trinket. Then, last night I used double amp to see how it went, and mana was never an issue on heroic Garrosh. So I'm definitely going to play around with it to see how low can I go on Spirit. Btw, does white damage from melee still proc the Immerseus trinket?
    Yes. I have a paragon's heroic dagger in my bags that I switch to when I want to proc Immerseus trinket, as it has a much faster swingtimer than my 2H staff.

Are you sure about that? I've been whacking away at the training dummy in SW for the past 3 minutes and it still hasn't proc'd :S

Edit: using the spoils wand
    Last edited by Klive; 2014-02-17 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klive View Post
    Are you sure about that? I've been whacking away at the training dummy in SW for the past 3 minutes and it still hasn't proc'd :S

Edit: using the spoils wand
    100%. Just forced mine to proc in 4 swings with my dagger. Your issue is using a wand - it isn't a melee hit, it's still counted as a spell cast (which is why you can do it from ranged). You *need* a melee hit.

Alright, that makes perfect sense! Just tried it and it works. This is amazing! Thanks!

Deleted
    Yes, since I know one of our disc priests is running with a lot spirit build.

As always the amount of spirit you need depends on your composition, gear, skill, and also on the fight. If you end a fight with mana left you have too much spirit and you get rid of it; if you are OOM in the the middle of the fight you don't have enough spirit and you get more (or your raiders are being too shit but that is usually a longer process to solve). Pretty simple. The correct amount you will figure out with trial and error and your tolerance for bad RNG (not getting many LMG procs when needed). I run with 8k by default when I heal as disc and it works for me, but there is not much room to waste and fool around.

How the hell can you run with such low spirit on a fight like Thok where you need to spam PW:S and Mass Dispells.