Deleted

Front Case USB's do not work for my Headset only!

Hey,

I have brought a new PC case and my headset is relatively new but after about 2 weeks since I got the case the front USB ports no longer work for just my Headset which dos not make any sense.

Any other device works fine in the front USB's and my headset works when I plug it into the back USB ports. How is this possible and is there any thing I can do to fix it?

If anyone knows any advice then please let me know,
    Thank you for reading!

- - - Updated - - -

It was an issue with RealTek, no idea why it suddenly stopped working.

- - - Updated - - -

I have not fixed the issue but its better, rather than my front USB's not even registering any mic they do now but the sound of the mic input is extremely quiet for no reason.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What case is it? What headset is it? What mic is it?

Finally, have you opened the case up to make sure the USB cable has remained securely attached to the motherboard's internal USB-header?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    If other devices work on the front USB slots then I think you may have miss-diagnosed the issue.

First we need to be sure exactly what the problem is.

1) Do other USB devices work on the front panel inputs?
    2) Does the headset work in a different USB slot?
    3) Does the headset work on a different computer?

Have you removed/uninstalled the drivers for the headset and then unpluged it, then plugged it back in and tried using it as is without any additional downloads or software installs.

Deleted
    Their is sound coming through the headset mic now but its extremely quiet and it only does it for my plantronics gamecom 780 headset mic. The only Mic, samson c01, seems to be completely fine. I need my headset mic though as the other one picks up all sound in the room and I use it for very different reasons. I do not understand what is causing this. I reinstalled Realtek and now is registers the mic as before nothing was working at all. I have the playback sound selected for the plantronics mic and all song levels are at max.

So USB's now work, I have checked inside the computer and all is fine. And I have no other computer to test it on unfortunately as I am in a shared house as a Student hehe. I have tried uninstalling the headsets software for surround sound and I am unsure whether that is the driver as well but there is no other software to install for it.

Also the case is fine but its a Fractal Design r4