10+ Year Old Account

Question [Combat] Questions about Blade Flurry

The tooltip for Blade Flurry says "nearby targets". Is there an actual yard range for Blade Flurry to actually hit other targets? I'm thinking of fights where adds and bosses are spread out a little but not a lot (i.e. Fallen Protectors, Norushen, Gen. Naz) If so, is there an addon that tracks wether you're in range of other targets to make Blade Flurry worth using?

uhm... i don't know the exact range though i think it's around 5-8 yards.
    though one thing that you need to keep in mind with blade flurry is that it only hits targets in front of you and not all around you

Wrong. Blade flurry will hit targets all around you now

Quote Originally Posted by Elbrondane View Post
    Wrong. Blade flurry will hit targets all around you now
    oh did they change that again? -_-
    didn't read that (or maybe forgot it :P)

10+ Year Old Account
    So... unless the adds or bosses are clumped up, then don't use blade flurry? Like Norushen, don't use it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinlkvw View Post
    So... unless the adds or bosses are clumped up, then don't use blade flurry? Like Norushen, don't use it?
    If you position yourself good it works like a charm and is a really solid DPS gain.

Blade Flurry is 8yd all around you (not your target). However, you should still put your BF targets in front of you when possible for the cloak proc cleave.

If you're interested in "tracking" whether or not it's hitting anything, you can get a floating combat text addon that shows icons next to your numbers. If you see numbers with a BF icon, it's hitting things.

Note that BF only duplicates the damage of direct weapon strikes, so it won't copy Poisons, Rupt, FoK, or CT. Additionally, you can still use the old KSp range trick with BF toggled on (so you stay on one target but still cleave everything with BF); BF+KSp will only stick you on things within 10yd of where you pop the ability. I use this on Garrosh p1 in particular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, but what about fights like Norushen, Fallen protectors (if they aren't all stacked, Gen. Naz...? Do we micro manage blade flurry on and off if we think we might be close enough? There really isn't a range adding so we know for sure? =\

You can gauge if a target is close enough after you get used to BF's range in order to micromanage it without the use of a range addon (which afaik no, doesn't exist)
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinlkvw View Post
    Okay, but what about fights like Norushen, Fallen protectors (if they aren't all stacked, Gen. Naz...? Do we micro manage blade flurry on and off if we think we might be close enough? There really isn't a range adding so we know for sure? =\
    I'm not sure how Norushen would be a problem. All the little adds spawn well within range of the boss. Just stand next to them while hitting the boss with BF toggled on. The big one are always dragged to the middle in my group, so I can cleave those too. If they're tanked outside in your group, suggest a change, completely swap to them, or ignore them.

Protectors should all be tanked together on Sun. Tanking them apart is kinda silly. If they aren't stacked, you can't cleave. Pretty simple.

I find very little opportunity to cleave on Nazgrim. If some adds end up close, sure, turn BF on.

Maybe I don't understand your question? Use it if you can cleave. Don't if you can't. The only practical way to see if it's hitting anything is to use a floating combat text addon that shows icons. Beyond that, it's just intuition.