Help with Weapon...

So I have a question maybe one of you seasoned gurus might be able to answer for me.

These 2 weapons...Both have the same base dps upgraded, but one has a better variance of damage. ( Tighter/Closer) although one has a higher over all damage component.

With secondary stats set aside, wouldn't the one with a tighter/closer variance have more consistent damage or is it just plain and simply the one with higher damage regardless of variance the winner?

I know I could just research the BIS lists many have put or FD it with sims, but for my own curiosity, mostly from one of my old games I played where weapon damage and how close the variance was well night and day...

Maybe I am just looking to much into min/max and just be happy with either

Thanks in advance.

Death Lotus Crossbow

Dagryn's Discarded Longbow

Go for the Longbow it's better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoogo1337 View Post
    Go for the Longbow it's better
    Top End Weapon Damage scales better with stuff like AiS iirc (at least it used to).

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Hz | Gigabyte GTX 580 Superclocked Edition SLI | Lian-Li PC-P50WB | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (raid0) | Corsair RM-1000 80+ Gold | Corsair H60, 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro P/P config

Damage variance isn't important anymore. Both will do the same DPS by average.

Death Lotus should win unless you can't shake off all the hit since it has more haste than Dagryn's and mastery is a poor stat for MM.

Death lotus crossbow will be ur best if u play BM as well. it has soo much haste + much more hit that u can remove some hit reforges.

10+ Year Old Account
    I go with the longbow since ( at least in my case ) I have too much hit on my gear ( abit over cap even after full reforging out and no gems )

So in my case since the hit is no use to me the longbow wins out hands down. again this is only if you can't get rid of the hit.

Similar situation here like some of you. Crossbow has a little bit extra damage but I was about 3% hit over so I went with the bow. When hit ratig wasnt a big issue I went with the crossbow.

Deleted
    Problem is, if you suddenly get your hands on quite a few hit items, you might be in trouble with the crossbow. If you're swimming in Valor, upgrade the crossbow, and keep the longbow on hand. If you aren't I would just go with the longbow.

took me 6 weeks to get a heroic weapon, only 7/14 heroic atm so that was 6 weeks with extra roll on both bosses each time and this last week i got the longbow to drop, wasnt heroic warforged but its heroic and better then the boa off garrosh. i would of been happy with either but since i didnt want all the extra hit was happier to get the longbow

I wish my problem was what HWF weapon to use
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    What's a HWF Weapon?

Seriously. 3 bosses drop one every week. You think one could eventually drop one, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    What's a HWF Weapon?

Seriously. 3 bosses drop one every week. You think one could eventually drop one, right?
    Heh, gl with that on 10 man! They were dropping quite often for us on 25 man, we actually DE'd a few. Now they stopped dropping all of a sudden 6 weeks ago and our last hunter to get one hasn't managed it with coins as well :P.

HWF Don't Exist. #10 Man Struggle. It's Real.