Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Borderlands 2, should i get it?

i was thinking of getting Borderlands 2 GOTY edition either for the ps3 or PC but not sure if its worth getting now specially since i will more than likely being playing the full game solo

do you think is should get it or wait it out for whatever reason?

It's worth it if you can get it at a decent price.
    It's way more fun with friends to play with...though playing online with randoms can be a pain since a lot of them cheat and hack themselves to the point where there's no bother to play anymore.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    I think you should get it for PC when it's 75% off which is every single steam sale It's pretty much a 100% guarantee it'll go on sale again whenever the next steam sale is (shouldn't be more than a month or two). It also goes on sale on other retailers fairly regular too.

I don't think it's worth full price at this point given how frequently it goes on sale but at 75% off its good value entertainment.

Even solo it's a ton of fun.

Deleted
    as it stands i can get it the GOTY version and the rest of the DLC including the new mad moxxi one for around £45,

If you enjoy FPS shooters with RPG elements and Diablo style loot then it is a fantastic game. I highly recommend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    To echo similar comments, very fun solo but even more so with friends.

Awesome game, well worth the money.

If you have some friends to play it with, it's not that fun to play alone but a blast in coop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InsigX View Post
    as it stands i can get it the GOTY version and the rest of the DLC including the new mad moxxi one for around £45,
    For me a lot of the DLC was hit and miss. Enjoyed Tiny Tina's but not so much the others. I wouldn't go out and buy everything at once without playing the main game and seeing how much fun you have with it first. The season pass also should go 75% off in the next steam sale.

10+ Year Old Account
    after playing and finishing the main story during the steam free weekend i noticed its fairly short except for the billion orso side quests i wouldve done more of them if i wasnt on a time limit so i pretty much rushed it and beat jack at level 29-30ish i then tried terramorphous for the hell of it and got complete and utterly obliterated but took a screeny before doing so

not sure i really want it anymore since i finished the campaign so easily and im not too bothered about the DLC or the side quests

i was thinking of getting Borderlands 2 GOTY edition either for the ps3 or PC but not sure if its worth getting now specially since i will more than likely being playing the full game solo

do you think is should get it or wait it out for whatever reason?
    Its $40 on steam right now if u want to check it out I say its worth it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    You should get the game of the year edition if possible. The Tiny Tina expansion is about as good as first person shooters get.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    To echo similar comments, very fun solo but even more so with friends.
    Pretty much this. And if you've ever played the original, this one definitely has it beat in every way.

I haven't actually played it but from everything I've seen it's almost exactly the same as the first.

So if you really liked the first one and are happy to play more of the same then yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

If you have an addictive personality i'd recommend you avoid it, otherwise get it, it's easily one of the best games of 2013.

A: get it for pc
    B: it is definitely worth playing, but i have to throw out the disclaimer that it's really more valuable if you have a friend or 3 to play with. some of the classes are a misery to solo on, so you're effectively limited in replayability. That said, however, even if you only ever play it through once with a turret and a good sense of humor, it is worth the cover price.

Deleted
    for some hours of fun yeah, but later on its a pain in the ass. and the DLC´s.... im not a friend of that. but there are a huge amount of that crap. like some new clases.

do not but it for that much.
    you can often get it at a much, much cheaper price on steam or several other websites. half that price or far less.
    Yes it's a good, fun game. It's decent with friends but I had a hard time playing with my friend cause I had already beat 1 and 2 and knew what was going on and he had to take forever looking over every item he picked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Borderlands 2 was one of my favorite games. The story is fun and has some big payoffs if you were a fan of the first one. I'd recommend it, and would even go as far as giving people on here my PSN name to do some runs with.